Harrison Bailey (merged)

Go watch some of his high school passes deep down the field and hitting Arik Gilbert down field in the seam, a thing of beauty. It can't be taught, you either have it or you son't.
His accuracy and ability to perform in High School and in the Spring game doesn’t automatically means he wins the Qb competition or that he can perform at the same level against a top notch defenses. Apparently Heupel doesn’t have confidence in Bailey and I do not see Heupel being dumb enough to not start Bailey if he was the best option for us.

And the likelihood of him becoming "the guy" for Heupel's offense at all is pretty low with Milton and/or Hooker still on the roster, and with Heupel's choice QB recruit in the '22 class.
that's ur opinion. not a fact present. who knows

Milton should start over Hooker at this point. Although i wont be in here whining if Hooker starts.

Yalls love affair with HB probably embarasses him. It really should stop.

Lay off the crack. It’s addictive and destroys the brain. Ronnie Milsap, Ray Charles, and a host of other blind folks could see that Hooker is better than Milton. You should get over your love affair with Milton’s 80 yard arm. It’s fools gold.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
You can't educate the uneducated BigAl!!! Good try though!!!!! I am with you!!! Until Bailey is given a half game or more to prove the believers wrong. A lot or most on this board will want to see WHAT BAILEY CAN OR CAN'T DO!!!! The jury is still out on Hooker too. I think we have seen enough of JM to know HE ISN'T THE ANSWER VS STOUT SEC D'S!!!!!

But, but, but Bailey must first win the the JG and Cornbread QB National Championship of Practices.

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad
Bailey at any other school is one of the elite quarterbacks in football. School such as Alabama or Georgia, in my opinion he would be in the Heisman mix.... Just my opinion

The same JT Daniels who sucked ass against Clemson ? So much so people want Stetson Bennett ? That guy. Lol. I would probably agree on Bryce Young then again Bailey hasn't received the coaching that Bryce has either. So there is that fact as well.

There’s not a chance in hell he’d beat out Bryce Young or JT Daniels.
It is also really easy to play the game when you have the talent they have around them. Pretty significant factors. JT Daniels can be beaten. Not sure about Bryce yet. Hes talented

Tennessee Vols: What's the deal with Harrison Bailey?

So Bailey not playing because he’s a smart pro style QB, instead of a dual threat, even though the NFL is loaded with pro style QBs.
Don't you know? We are not to question the coaches, because they know all and us peons can't understand the higher intricacies of football that are so clear to them. Like starting two weeks in a row a guy who overthrows WRs by ten yards every time they're running open down the middle of the field. Clearly that guy gives us a better chance to win than someone who has already put up a 71.6% completion rate against SEC competition.

Saban wins because he tailors his game plan to fit the talent he has. If CJH lets a pro style pure passer ride the pine i hope its because he isnt that talented, and not because he doesn’t fit the scheme he insists on running. We all remember how it felt to see Kamara get splinters in his arse at UT and then go to NFL and be rookie of the year……in my best Gump voice….and thats all I have to say about that

Saban wins because he tailors his game plan to fit the talent he has. If CJH lets a pro style pure passer ride the pine i hope its because he isnt that talented, and not because he doesn’t fit the scheme he insists on running. We all remember how it felt to see Kamara get splinters in his arse at UT and then go to NFL and be rookie of the year……in my best Gump voice….and thats all I have to say about that
I was just thinking how Bailey will probably go somewhere else, break records, and get drafted in the first round. But of course our coaches will have been right although by then we'll be in the midst of another coaching search.

Reactions: posivol
Tennessee Vols: What's the deal with Harrison Bailey?

So Bailey not playing because he’s a smart pro style QB, instead of a dual threat, even though the NFL is loaded with pro style QBs.
Gimmick offenses require the legitimate threat of the qb run.

I don't know who y'all are listening to, but it isn't Coach Heupel.

In every interview I hear him talk about the quarterback position, including the pregame radio interview today, he keeps repeating that a dual-threat or running quarterback is NOT a requirement for this offense! This offense is all about making the correct decisions on-the-fly.

The only things that could be keeping Bailey out of the starting lineup are either his passing accuracy, the speed of his mental processing between plays, or his decision-making when running the offense.

"Gimmick" is a catch all term for any offense other than traditional pro style. Relax... shouldn't be so sensitive.

VN Store

Back