Harper, Sullivan officially announced as assistants

I wanted Becky Hammond (who, BTW, is being considered for head coach of the Lakers), but once Kellie was named, I got behind “our coach”. But her husband as an assistant, I’m sorry, not right, not what it seems, not in the best interest of the team, it’s not going to work. Now it’s a bad choice. We appreciate Phil taking a couple of hours out of his days trying to keep Barnes from leaving, to interview and hire and introduce a Women’s coach. But this is just a plain ol’ put down of Kellie’s abilities.

Becky would be a fool to take the Lakers job. Everyone knows the KING runs the show. On the other hand, how could she pass up the opportunity? Catch 22 on that one.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
You're speaking as a Missouri State fan and we are speaking as Tennessee fans.

The expectations couldn't be further apart. So save the lecture, please.
Considering I grew up watching Lady Vol basketball, including Jolly, I speak how I wish.

Is there a difference between the SEC and MVC, yes? But there is also with the B12 and BE and the lowly players they recruited to MSU took down some of their best.

No one is saying MSU would have won in the SEC. But quit acting like Kellie doesn't know what a top level athlete looks like and with the resources and tradition now at her disposal, that she is all of a sudden over her head.

This Lady Vols roster buying into Harpers system will deliver what Lady Vols fans expect.

Last edited:
Considering I grew up watching Lady Vol basketball, including Jolly, I speak how I wish.

Is there a difference between the SEC and MVC, yes? But there is also with the B12 and BE and the lowly players they recruited to MSU took down some of their best.

No one is saying MSU would have won in the SEC. But quit acting like Kellie doesn't know what a top level athlete looks like and with the resources and tradition now at her disposal, that she is all of a sudden over her head.

This Lady Vols roster buying into Harpers system will deliver what Lady Vols fans expect.
👍🙂

Worth repeating... And well said

Family member alert.........

You know, it should be a conflict of interest to have Kellie’s husband as an assistant coach. Tennessee is a public school, so they should have rules that prohibit that from happening, but if that’s what it takes for us to get back on top, so be it.

We all really hope you’re right.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
You know, it should be a conflict of interest to have Kellie’s husband as an assistant coach. Tennessee is a public school, so they should have rules that prohibit that from happening, but if that’s what it takes for us to get back on top, so be it.

I just don't feel comfortable for husband & wife to coach a team together period! It makes other assistants feel oh ur closer to each other, maybe they're talking about us etc

VN Store

Back