Harper, Sullivan officially announced as assistants

Yes, not only was hubby her assistant at MO State, but she also brought her 5 year old son and newborn daughter to every single game. By brought I mean they traveled WITH the team and the players were expected to help babysit. Not the best scenario when you’re trying to get in game mode or trying to catch up on homework and a baby is screaming or a 5 year old is begging for attention. Good luck with that.

Show some proof of this or are you just running your mouth.

Sullivan was the primary recruiter for the freshman and sophomores that took down 3 straight top 25 teams at the end of our season.

To think that Jon and Kellie haven't worked well together is about as asinine as you can get.

I've got to quit coming here. Ya'll don't know how good you got it and we would love to have them back.
Talk to your fellow fan who wandered over...LadyBearalum. He/she thinks you were delivered from evil parents of evil kids. 😉

Reactions: sccshortstop
He has only coached under her. How do you know he is a great assistant? Because his wife says so? Wouldn't it be nice to have someone outside your immediate family as a reference? This guy's situation is a little strange.

He was also an assistant for Wes Moore at Chattanooga prior to the Harpers going to Western Carolina. Would you not have expected his coaching career to parallel his wife’s?

You're speaking as a Missouri State fan and we are speaking as Tennessee fans.

The expectations couldn't be further apart. So save the lecture, please.

Speak for yourself.

Some of us Tennessee fans still have memories of taking down three straight Top 25 teams and have expectations of doing so again in the future.

Yes, not only was hubby her assistant at MO State, but she also brought her 5 year old son and newborn daughter to every single game. By brought I mean they traveled WITH the team and the players were expected to help babysit. Not the best scenario when you’re trying to get in game mode or trying to catch up on homework and a baby is screaming or a 5 year old is begging for attention. Good luck with that.
Are you serious?!?!

He was also an assistant for Wes Moore at Chattanooga prior to the Harpers going to Western Carolina. Would you not have expected his coaching career to parallel his wife’s?
That's true... although, even then she was on staff but at least it's something without working under her. Maybe I'm looking at it too much from an everyday vantage point, the coaching fraternity works differently than the regular job market. Red flags go up when I see someone who might just be a coattail riding spouse... but that's for UT to worry about, not me.

It sure seemed to me that the players absolutely adored the Harpers and would have walked through fire for Kellie. Maybe they were faking the love and appreciation? I don't know.

Anyway, I remember how Kellie herself (and Chamique and all the rest of the teams during Pat's era) went through college with young Tyler always around. It didn't seem to mess up the team chemistry or keep anyone from winning three consecutive national championships and barely missing out on a fourth. I remember reading how having Tyler around humanized Pat for the players, which was a big plus for them since Pat was famously tough. It seemed to help, not hurt, the program to show young women that a woman like Pat can be an effective leader and still have a family.

Sullivan was the primary recruiter for the freshman and sophomores that took down 3 straight top 25 teams at the end of our season.

To think that Jon and Kellie haven't worked well together is about as asinine as you can get.

I've got to quit coming here. Ya'll don't know how good you got it and we would love to have them back.

Thank you and please don’t leave! We welcome all people who love any LV and we are all not bat $#!+ crazy

i just went in CKJH twitter and she wrote a heart felt and sincere thank you to the Mo St and it was WOW so well spoken and heart felt. The responses (though few) were all extremely positive and they wished her the best and thanked her for leaving the program better than she found it. I can imagine more positive posts soon.

From the smiles on all of the faces, it appears that LadyBearalum is just running his/her mouth. In other words LBa, this twitter photo is hardly proof of your assertion. So, unless you want to identify yourself in this photo and explain why you and the other team members were faking your smiles, I think you may fall into the category of an internet troll.

Jim

Seems that I remember that the allegation was that the children interfered with pregame mental preparations.

The caption above makes it clear that the picture was taken after the game...incidentally, a road win.

Gartner looks like she's having a blast holding Kiley.

I'm also under the impression that many or most players listen to their playlists through earbuds that block out outside distractions while on road trips. In fact, some of our own players referred to that as part of their pregame ritual.

Now that the Harpers are gone, perhaps former players such as Gitzen will air any complaints and criticisms of the program.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Has Mo State hired anyone to replace Kelli ? Thought Sullivan was interested but since she is with us I think Jackie Styles will get it if she is ok health wise. JMHO as always!

Recruiting good MVC players is very different than recruiting good SEC players...

Please explain the difference in recruiting strategies (aside from the fact that UT has numerous advantages only enjoyed by an elite few).

If you can't understand the difference, don't feel bad. Harper didn't seem to either while she was at NC State. But I'm confident the "numerous advantages" at Tennessee and her husband at her side will fix everything...

I wanted Becky Hammond (who, BTW, is being considered for head coach of the Lakers), but once Kellie was named, I got behind “our coach”. But her husband as an assistant, I’m sorry, not right, not what it seems, not in the best interest of the team, it’s not going to work. Now it’s a bad choice. We appreciate Phil taking a couple of hours out of his days trying to keep Barnes from leaving, to interview and hire and introduce a Women’s coach. But this is just a plain ol’ put down of Kellie’s abilities.
And the softball coaches say “hi!”

VN Store

Back