Happy for Tyler Bird & JG

wmcovol

I love seeing guys come back from adversity & perform well. Bird is one I’ve never understood why he wasn’t used more. JG made 2 great throws on key 3rd downs on the last drive. Best play was probably the dump off to Jordan facing the blitz.

It was pretty wild to see how well some of our guys played today. Just wish we had this kind fight and team cohesion during the Ga. St. and BYU games. We're at 4-2 if we win those games, with a very likely bowl appearance. I'm just getting tired of saying "we'll get there next year", but it really does feel like we'll be a 7ish win team next year... Which I'll take 100%

I love seeing guys come back from adversity & perform well. Bird is one I’ve never understood why he wasn’t used more. JG made 2 great throws on key 3rd downs on the last drive. Best play was probably the dump off to Jordan facing the blitz.
Same here. Really happy for them that he whole team.

JG's only incompletions should have been caught for a big gain........Jennings. 6 of 7 for 106yds. and no int.'s.

Reactions: Type Orange+
We're in a rebuild. We have all said it but most can't actually stomach while in the middle of it. These are the emotions of a rebuild. If we let the rebuild run it's course, 100%, then we won't have endure this again. Not saying it ends with us being champs or something, saying if we let this staff do their thing then worst case we wont be fielding MAC level talent in the sec. Having to start freshman lineman. Teaching college juniors and seniors how to lift weights. Etc.

I just hope the legion of the miserable will pipe down enough to at least let that happen. Just me though

It was pretty wild to see how well some of our guys played today. Just wish we had this kind fight and team cohesion during the Ga. St. and BYU games. We're at 4-2 if we win those games, with a very likely bowl appearance. I'm just getting tired of saying "we'll get there next year", but it really does feel like we'll be a 7ish win team next year... Which I'll take 100%

JG's only incompletions should have been caught for a big gain........Jennings. 6 of 7 for 106yds. and no int.'s.

He did ok today. But this isn’t true. He badly misfired in the pass along the sidelines to jennings who was wide open due to a defensive breakdown. The throw was late. As is so often with him. And he also nearly got hit blind side on the td pass and had no idea the pressure was coming. We kinda saw some of the same ole jg really. But he was able to complete a few passes and manage the game but let’s not get carried away. They barely called a passing play after he came in

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
He did ok today. But this isn’t true. He badly misfired in the pass along the sidelines to jennings who was wide open due to a defensive breakdown. The throw was late. As is so often with him. And he also nearly got hit blind side on the td pass and had no idea the pressure was coming. We kinda saw some of the same ole jg really. But he was able to complete a few passes and manage the game but let’s not get carried away. They barely called a passing play after he came in

JG looked better than Maurer!

Maybe .. if you consider the 2 redzone picks by BM (he can't be doing that) ... but the team overall, at least to me anyway, looks like they are more competitive when BM is in

BM's running ability make's him more dynamic but he needs to reel it in and slide after getting 1st down, move the stick's stay away from 3 & outs give D a rest.. Also needs to work on red zone and reel in the gunslinger mode. He had that last TD but as JG was doing earlier in year threw late allowed DB to make up ground. He's true freshman JG & JT both never set foot on field their T freshman year so their some upside.

Reactions: OG.V83

Wrong. The pass to Jennings was fine, Jennings just didn't catch it.

I have thought Byrd has been under used for 4 years now. Gotta respect that guy for not giving up and keeping a positive attitude throughout his career. I hope the rest of this season he shines and shows he type of athlete he is because I think he can rely help us if we'll utilize him .

I see 6 that based on talent alone we should win with only decent coaching.
Mizzoo and SC are wins with excellent coaching

UF, UGA, Oklahoma and Bama...long shots.

IMO if we dont get to 7 then our coaching staff is little better than the average staff in college football and arent likely to build the program back to where we all want it to be.

8 wins and i would say they are above average.

More than 8 and they are likely the staff we need and should be kept together if at all possible.

VN Store

Back