Hammer about to Drop on Arizona State?

And yet I still see people here that think it was only the high 4 and 5 stars that transferred that were the ones getting paid

Reactions: onevol74
And yet I still see people here that think it was only the high 4 and 5 stars that transferred that were the ones getting paid

When they’re flat out awful at recruiting you have to pay everyone. The big fuss was about HT. He got paid idc what anyone says. Only reason he never came back to UT because he knew he’d be next

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
When they’re flat out awful at recruiting you have to pay everyone. The big fuss was about HT. He got paid idc what anyone says. Only reason he never came back to UT because he knew he’d be next
Yes, that’s my point. He got paid, as did the rest of the team. Thinking it’s only the big players that transferred that got paid is naive.

So you’re saying CJP paid some of these stiffs that can’t play a lick?

I’m saying that’s the game. You pay the stiffs and you pay the studs. To think it’s only the studs and those that transferred is naive.

The hammer won’t drop as bad for them as us because they did not pay. They had visits during quarantine but no exchange of money. At least that is from what I saw.

The hammer won’t drop as bad for them as us because they did not pay. They had visits during quarantine but no exchange of money. At least that is from what I saw.

We allegedly paid players. Don’t think that’s been proven yet has it? Officially?

Not sure NCAA has a hammer to drop on anyone now.

About as close as the NCAA can get on some of those subjects to dropping the hammer is hiring MC Hammer. :)

VTMhyA0.gif

What ever happened with LSU? Didnt their bball coach get recorded offering money?

If they were able to get away with it, I think we can too.

What ever happened with LSU? Didnt their bball coach get recorded offering money?

If they were able to get away with it, I think we can too.

Well, I guess its an opinion that he offered money, what he really said was, "it was a strong ass offer" or close to that. Money was never mentioned, although it could be implied that it was. As far as I know, no real information has ever been given to LSU or Will Wade's attorney, nor released to the public that would show how and when money was given or offered. The conversation was recorded as part of a criminal investigation the other party. I, for one am not saying money wasn't paid, heck, pretty sure money is getting paid now. LOL But its the going on the 4th year of this, Wade's attorney more or less told the NCAA to **** off last year.

The bigger issue is its probably in the NCAA's (and its members, employees, officers) best interest to completely stop investigations that have to do compensation, benefits, and maybe transfer issues. The USSC has already confirmed they are in violation of anti-trust which only addressed one small thing they are doing wrong, let alone all the other horrible things are doing. Anti-trust has civil and potentially criminal penalties.

I have said it for a few weeks, once the DOJ letter was sent from the Anti-trust Division to the NCAA.... the NCAA as we have known it is/was gone. Its hard to imagine how the NCAA could really do anything to Tennessee, although Tennessee could fall on their own sword if they wish. Not sure why they would do that thought.

This is in the very early stages of a pardigm shift, the winners will adjust the quickest. (below is the NCAA's hammer, LOL)

toy-plastic-hammer-isolated-on-600w-1659011248.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I guess its an opinion that he offered money, what he really said was, "it was a strong ass offer" or close to that. Money was never mentioned, although it could be implied that it was. As far as I know, no real information has ever been given to LSU or Will Wade's attorney, nor released to the public that would show how and when money was given or offered. The conversation was recorded as part of a criminal investigation the other party. I, for one am not saying money wasn't paid, heck, pretty sure money is getting paid now. LOL But its the going on the 4th year of this, Wade's attorney more or less told the NCAA to **** off last year.

The bigger issue is its probably in the NCAA's (and its members, employees, officers) best interest to completely stop investigations that have to do compensation, benefits, and maybe transfer issues. The USSC has already confirmed they are in violation of anti-trust which only addressed one small thing they are doing wrong, let alone all the other horrible things are doing. Anti-trust has civil and potentially criminal penalties.

I have said it for a few weeks, once the DOJ letter was sent from the Anti-trust Division to the NCAA.... the NCAA as we have known it is/was gone. Its hard to imagine how the NCAA could really do anything to Tennessee, although Tennessee could fall on their own sword if they wish. Not sure why they would do that thought.

This is in the very early stages of a pardigm shift, the winners will adjust the quickest. (below is the NCAA's hammer, LOL)

toy-plastic-hammer-isolated-on-600w-1659011248.jpg
Tennessee does have a history of falling on its sword for the NCAA. See Bruce Pearl.

Tennessee does have a history of falling on its sword for the NCAA. See Bruce Pearl.

In this case, there just isn't any reason to, generally speaking. The NCAA will not be able to do anything at this time, I would at best offer a 1 year bowl ban and just move on.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back