Halloween 2018

Certainly has the right look, particularly the asylum scene which looks interesting.

However it has not done well at test screenings, so hopefully they'll spruce it up.

Kind of odd that they are ignoring all the sequels, even Carpenter's Halloween II, and odd that this is the second "reboot" involving Jamie Lee Curtis where they ignored movies, but I guess with as crazy as the timeline has gotten it's fine that they are treating everything like alternate timelines.

Plus the most of the movies since the original Halloween 2 have sucked. 3 of course was unreleated, and Halloween 4 was decent but 5 and 6 just got stupid. H20 was decent but Resurrection was terrible. And Zombie's first one was ok but the second one was not good.

Kind of odd that they are ignoring all the sequels, even Carpenter's Halloween II, and odd that this is the second "reboot" involving Jamie Lee Curtis where they ignored movies, but I guess with as crazy as the timeline has gotten it's fine that they are treating everything like alternate timelines.

Plus the most of the movies since the original Halloween 2 have sucked. 3 of course was unreleated, and Halloween 4 was decent but 5 and 6 just got stupid. H20 was decent but Resurrection was terrible. And Zombie's first one was ok but the second one was not good.

I like Rob Zombie but both of his Halloweens were just too brutal imo. It kind of got away from what Michael Meyers was supposed to be. Agree with you on the sequels.

My big question with this movie is, is there going to be an end? Or is this going to start a whole new line of movies?

I like Rob Zombie but both of his Halloweens were just too brutal imo. It kind of got away from what Michael Meyers was supposed to be. Agree with you on the sequels.

My big question with this movie is, is there going to be an end? Or is this going to start a whole new line of movies?
This is supposed to be the final one. When Moustaffa Akkad died, the franchise essentially ended.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah I don't really like that they're ignoring Halloween II. To me, it just made sense. Carpenter claims they're ignoring II because they don't want Michael to have a motive. I think he was forced by the studio to make II anyway. But, aside from the movie itself, some good stuff came of II, like the added scenes in the TV version of the original (such as Loomis appearing before the doctors).

Anyways, I don't think the problem with the sequels was his motivation. I think the problem was just the pacing. The sequels ended up just being gory horror movies, while the the original (and to some extent Halloween II) were more methodical and psychological. If they can recapture that, his background would be inconsequential.

IMO these movies just do not work without Dr. Loomis. To me he is the "conscience" of the films and without him, they're just not the same.

Also, I know this is being nitpicky but a latex mask made in 1978 would've been completely disintegrated by now. I find it silly they're suggesting the original mask is still around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 508mikey
I'm so looking forward to this one. It looks legit. The first Rob Zombie movie was alright but this one looks really good.

This is supposed to be the final one. When Moustaffa Akkad died, the franchise essentially ended.
So, I read yesterday that they almost filmed 2 back to back but held off in case this one tanks. But, if it does well then they apparently have a good idea for the sequel.

This 2nd trailer is legit...Looking forward to this one for sure. I liked the Zombie ones but the 2nd one was a little disjointed to me. The first one was a good take on how he became how he is, IMO. Glad to see Carpenter back in the helm.

Reactions: VOLALUM
This isn't a remake or reboot instead a direct sequel to the original Halloween movie a terrific movie that didn't need a remake while bad and awful movies that were executed wrong including Double Dragon, The Guyver, etc should get remade that's the exact purpose of remakes for movies to improve movies not to waste time with movies that are already great or terrific movies.

It's extremely moronic, asinine, nonsensical, inane, and moronic for them to make a direct sequel to Halloween and reuse the same damn exact name Halloween.
That be like the sequel to Die Hard being called Die Hard instead of Die Hard 2, Superman instead of Superman 2, etc.
Halloween H40, 40 Years after The 1978 Halloween, 2018 Halloween, Halloween 40 Years Later, Halloween 4 Decades Later, etc all of these are actually better names, intelligent, logical, and great, sensible and utterly avoid confusion.

Saying it's Blumhouse Halloween will avoid confusion it's still a dumb moronic nonsensical asinine uninventive inane awful title.

I'm highly optimistic with JC involved this can be a terrific direct sequel to a great 1st movie in the league of Captain America The Winter Soldier, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, John Wick Chapter 2, etc.

Laurie is being made a Sarah Connor or Ripley style badass action hero that likely kills Michael Myers and I really hope no moronic unintelligent nonsensical inane retcon with she didn't kill Michael Myers she killed a other guy that isn't Michael.

Here is a great fight Jason Voorhees fighting the Pure Evil Murderer Michael Myers.

[VIDEO=]

There was a screening of the movie this weekend and the reviews are mostly positive.

I thought this was really well done. Several nods to the original. Definitely left some wiggle room for a sequel, should they want to make one.

VN Store

Back