Hal Mumme discusses 1997 Tennessee-Kentucky game

Woodson wasnt even the best player on his team. ESPN did everything they could to make sure Manning didn't win the Heisman. I don't know ANYONE that watched football besides Woodson and his family that thought he should have won. Just more evidence that ESPN hates anything to do with TN. They can kiss my Orange Azz.
Damn Right Hoss

I remember everyone in the country thought Peyton locked up the Heisman in that game..until ESPN got involved.
Haven't watch a Heisman presentation since.

Don't even care who wins any more.

ESPN openly campaigned for Woodson.

That was Peyton's trophy, period.

Wait what? Who on the Michigan team was better? Glen Steele? Tai Streets?
I don't remember their names but if my memory serves me correct there were 3 players with more tackles and 1 DB had better stats than Woodson. SMH

I don't remember their names but if my memory serves me correct there were 3 players with more tackles and 1 DB had better stats than Woodson. SMH
Yes I would expect that a linebacker would have more tackles over the course of a season than a cornerback. And no Woodson had three more interceptions than any other wolverine defender.

And don’t leave out fat azz mf-er Keith Jackson campaigning for Woodson.

Wasn't that the JackA$$ that "retired" during the NC game the next year? We had to watch Bob Griese pour confetti over his head instead of watching the end of the game, and then he was back a couple of years later anyway, as I recall

Yes I would expect that a linebacker would have more tackles over the course of a season than a cornerback. And no Woodson had three more interceptions than any other wolverine defender.
He also got burnt more than the other CB. At least the games I watched. Usually if a cornerback is truly elite the other teams offense will stay away from him. That wasn't the case with Woodson. Are you trying to tell me you think Woodson was a better player than Manning. Because if you are you should take up watching tennis.

VN Store

Back