Hail to the Washington Commanders

As a Titans fan I support the Washington Redskins!!!

Don't bend the knee to political correctness!! It won't stop with the Redskins next it will be the Cowboys, Buccaneers, Raiders, 49ers, Vikings etc... Then PETA will go after animal nicknames. Give them an inch and they'll take everything!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
As a Titans fan I support the Washington Redskins!!!

Don't bend the knee to political correctness!! It won't stop with the Redskins next it will be the Cowboys, Buccaneers, Raiders, 49ers, Vikings etc... Then PETA will go after animal nicknames. Give them an inch and they'll take everything!

I’m sure these atrocities will happen and ruin the world. The horror!

Reactions: NashVol11
I wonder if Snyder has the leverage to tell Fedex to f**koff and get another willing sponsor. Might be hard to find another sponsor who has the courage I guess. This whole country is getting weaker by the day with the far left’s agenda. Russia and China are over there salivating over our pending demise.

I’m sure Vladimir Putin is salivating that Washington DC might change the name of a professional football team so stage 3 for his impending domination of America can go into effect. Step 2, change the team name, step 3 ruin the American dollar!

I’m sure Vladimir Putin is salivating that Washington DC might change the name of a professional football team so stage 3 for his impending domination of America can go into effect. Step 2, change the team name, step 3 ruin the American dollar!
Yes sir, that’s how you do it.

It’s a dumb name anyways, even without the racism behind it.
I never thought the name was racist. It honored the warrior mentality. Plus there was a poll among Indians about 5 years ago and the percentage for the Redskin nickname was about 70-80%. Just a few have been making the noise on the name having racist connotations.

Last edited:
Reactions: CagleMtnVol
If you could show me one time a sports team name lead to a downfall of a civilization maybe I’d be willing to listen to this silly argument.
LOL. Joke went right over your head. However I do believe the ‘Woke’ and ‘Cancel’ cultures are ruining the U.S. internally and hurting our positions abroad. We are becoming a weaker nation which is the Far Left’s ultimate agenda. We are a bad country according to them.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I never thought the name was racist. It honored the warrior mentality. Plus there was a poll among Indians about 5 years ago and the percentage for the Redskin nickname was about 70-80%. Just a few have been making them noise on the name having racist connotations.

1) It’s still a derogatory word. You can use that excuse that it honors the warrior mentality and I agree there are ways to do that. The name “redskin” does not do that.

2) If you’re poll is correct and a legitimate poll, that’s still 25% that find it offensive. That’s still not good! You’re team name shouldn’t be offensive anyways or draw ire or cause issues. Why would you want? So you can win one over the PC bro’s? Or wouldn’t you rather have a team name that everyone respects and feels inclusive? The goal should never be to purposefully offend period.

3) Even if the name wasn’t intended (which is debatable) to invoke negative connotations, it still does. Words and meaning change over time. Its okay to look at a name and say “hey maybe it’s time we change this considering what our current world is today.” That doesn’t make you weak or a snowflake, it shows thought and care about what other people think.

4) It’s always funny how people will always go “GOD PEOPLE ARE SUCH SNOWFLAKES ITS JUST A NAME” yet then get mad about something as trivial as changing a sports franchise nickname.

Last edited:
LOL. Joke went right over your head. However I do believe the ‘Woke’ and ‘Cancel’ cultures are ruining the U.S. internally and hurting our positions abroad. We are becoming a weaker nation which is the Far Left’s ultimate agenda. We are a bad country according to them.

Okay that’s fine but none of that has to do with changing a professional football franchise’s name and has nothing to do with what is wrong with the country. 😂😂😂

Also people have been trying to get them to change the name for decades.

1) It’s still a derogatory word. You can use that excuse that it honors the warrior mentality and I agree there are ways to do that. The name “redskin” does not do that.

2) If you’re poll is correct and a legitimate poll, that’s still 25% that find it offensive. That’s still not good! You’re team name shouldn’t be offensive anyways or draw ire or cause issues. Why would you want? So you can win one over the PC bro’s? Or wouldn’t you rather have a team name that everyone respects and feels inclusive? The goal should never be to purposefully offend period.

3) Even if the name wasn’t intended (which is debatable) to invoke negative connotations, it still does. Words and meaning change over time. Its okay to look at a name and say “hey maybe it’s time we change this considering what our current world is today.” That doesn’t make you weak or a snowflake, it shows thought and care about what other people think.

4) It’s always funny how people will always go “GOD PEOPLE ARE SUCH SNOWFLAKES ITS JUST A NAME” yet then get mad about something as trivial as changing a sports franchise nickname.

I’ll respond to a couple of your points quickly.
4-Sports franchises have history and tradition. Cowboy’s and Steeler’s fans would go nuts if their franchises were forced to change their nicknames. Redskins fans have every right to do the same.
2-Obviously the nickname wasn’t intended to offend anybody. You want to attract fans, not drive them away.
3-Debatable? Lol, Similar to point 2 , Why would a sports team adopt a nickname with offensive racial intent. Complete nonsense that is was adopted for as a derogatory statement.

Okay that’s fine but none of that has to do with changing a professional football franchise’s name and has nothing to do with what is wrong with the country. 😂😂😂

Also people have been trying to get them to change the name for decades.
It is example or a symbol of the woke and cancel culture which is ruining America. The Redskins issue is connected to the overall influence of the movements listed above and is a contributor to the decline of the U.S. as a whole.

I’ll respond to a couple of your points quickly.
4-Sports franchises have history and tradition. Cowboy’s and Steeler’s fans would go nuts if their franchises were forced to change their nicknames. Redskins fans have every right to do the same.
2-Obviously the nickname wasn’t intended to offend anybody. You want to attract fans, not drive them away.
3-Debatable? Lol, Similar to point 2 , Why would a sports team adopt a nickname with offensive racial intent. Complete nonsense that is was adopted for as a derogatory statement.

Cowboys and Steelers isn’t a derogatory term and doesn’t use the way someone looks as a team nickname.

The name was chosen in 1933. I don’t think I need to tell you the racism that was going on during that time to minorities especially Native Americans.

And they’ve also had multiple controversies associated with the name

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...2cd618-187f-11e6-9e16-2e5a123aac62_story.html

Are You Ready For Some Controversy? The History Of 'Redskin'

It is example or a symbol of the woke and cancel culture which is ruining America. The Redskins issue is connected to the overall influence of the movements listed above and is a contributor to the decline of the U.S. as a whole.

So really your issue isn’t even whether the word is offensive or not or why people would have an issue with the word. You just don’t want things to change because of your political beliefs because you think it is “woke culture” and think that changing a sports name is going to lead to the downfall of this country.

I don’t feel like having a debate on “cancel culture” or politics or what is causing the perceived downfall of this country, so we will just agree to disagree.

So really your issue isn’t even whether the word is offensive or not or why people would have an issue with the word. You just don’t want things to change because of your political beliefs because you think it is “woke culture” and think that changing a sports name is going to lead to the downfall of this country.

I don’t feel like having a debate on “cancel culture” or politics or what is causing the perceived downfall of this country, so we will just agree to disagree.
Let me put it simply, the Redskins name was not chosen or used as a derogatory term then or now . It was chosen to honor and admire a once proud ethnic population. It showed admiration for Indians.

VN Store

Back