H. Bailey will be attending Manning QB Academy

Yes, but ...
1.The camp has the Manning name on it, and they will not turn loose HB and the others to instruct until they know the instructors have down pat all the stance, footwork, throwing motion, going thru progressions in timely manner etc.
2. Instructors for sports don't just talk, they demonstrate, over and over. That sounds like a lot of reps that can go toward more auto muscle memory.
3. Last I heard, Peyton is a Vol fan. I have no doubts about Peyton not hesitating to have a few sidebar chats and tips for the UT QB there, even if on the down-low and us never hearing about it.
Think about what you just said
1. Im pretty sure all of the attending QB's are being taught qb mechanics at their own schools, so a week at a camp aint changing that
2. I've been to tons of camps and my son has attended a few so far. Instructors do a walk through. The only people getting multiple reps are the high school Qb's
3. If last you heard Peyton was a vol fan, why on earth wouldnt you think he already has a relationship with HB way before the camp. If Peyton is giving him pointers im sure it happened way before the camp considering Peyton's access to the program. HB wouldnt need a camp for that.

Think about what you just said
1. Im pretty sure all of the attending QB's are being taught qb mechanics at their own schools, so a week at a camp aint changing that
2. I've been to tons of camps and my son has attended a few so far. Instructors do a walk through. The only people getting multiple reps are the high school Qb's
3. If last you heard Peyton was a vol fan, why on earth wouldnt you think he already has a relationship with HB way before the camp. If Peyton is giving him pointers im sure it happened way before the camp considering Peyton's access to the program. HB wouldnt need a camp for that.
1. Sure HB has received and will be receiving his QB coaching elsewhere; nothing I wrote above says otherwise. However we've all seen college Qbs playing on the field while showing less than desirable mechanics. With HB at this camp that box can probably get checked off.
2. I don't doubt that you have been to more QB camps than I have, but from what I've seen, the instructors demonstrate the right way to do it.
3. I never said anything about HB and Peyton having no relationship prior to this camp. My point is that I can see value in having our QB comparing notes about playing QB, with other college and NFL record-holding Qbs. I would much rather him be there than most anywhere else. JMO.

Outstanding point. If I attended a guitar camp with Clapton, Beck, Page, Richards, etc, I probably would leave pretty inspired and having learned a few tricks. However, I would not be ready for inductance into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

How dare you leave out USA guitar players! Sacrilege!

šŸ˜‰

P.S. I would have included Blackmore, Ronson, Gilmore

Reactions: JohnnyJava
Been telling you since after the Alabama game last year that thereā€™s more to it than you know. Youā€™re completely naive if you think everything was just as it seemed.
You have a personal investment or interest therefore you likely are not presenting an unbiased opinion on BM. On the other hand, I do not have bias on a specific Qb. I want the best Qb to succeed whoever that may be. Based on the evidence so far, BM is not a quality SEC Qb. Everyone can make excuses about certain situations or how bad the cards have been dealt to them. People have made excuses like this since the beginning of time.

You have a personal investment or interest therefore you likely are not presenting an unbiased opinion on BM. On the other hand, I do not have bias on a specific Qb. I want the best Qb to succeed whoever that may be. Based on the evidence so far, BM is not a quality SEC Qb. Everyone can make excuses about certain situations or how bad the cards have been dealt to them. People have made excuses like this since the beginning of time.
Is HB?

Because freshman vs freshman hereā€™s your comparison

HB 48/68 578 yards 4td/2 int 3 fumbles lost

BM 35/75 541 yards 2 td/5 int 1 fumble lost. 23/56 rushing 2 tds

So in less attempts HB only has 1 less turnover. It took less completions for BM to reach the total passing yards of HB and just as many tds vs much stiffer competition. When factoring in rushing BM has more yards. But HB is the SEC qb but BM isnā€™t? How is that a biased opinion when I pulled the stats from their stat sheet?

Because freshman vs freshman hereā€™s your comparison

HB 48/68 578 yards 4td/2 int 3 fumbles lost

BM 35/75 541 yards 2 td/5 int 1 fumble lost. 23/56 rushing 2 tds

So in less attempts HB only has 1 less turnover. It took less completions for BM to reach the total passing yards of HB and just as many tds vs much stiffer competition. When factoring in rushing BM has more yards. But HB is the SEC qb but BM isnā€™t? How is that a biased opinion when I pulled the stats from their stat sheet?
To be fair, both of Bailey's interceptions came in the Arkansas game and were not really his fault. The first was on target but Hyatt got slammed into before the ball got there which caused the ball to go off his hands and straight up in the air for an easy INT. The second came on a good throw into the endzone as time expired and went off Palmer's hands straight down to a waiting DB.

I see a massive amount of potential in both Maurer and Bailey. Milton also has a lot of physical tools and Hooker could be really productive (more so running the ball). I don't get anyone trying to downplay the other QBs on the roster. I'll be happy to see good QB play no matter who it is...although I can't help but pull for Bailey and Maurer a bit because they both signed with UT out of high school and stuck it out through this coaching change.

To be fair, both of Bailey's interceptions came in the Arkansas game and were not really his fault. The first was on target but Hyatt got slammed into before the ball got there which caused the ball to go off his hands and straight up in the air for an easy INT. The second came on a good throw into the endzone as time expired and went off Palmer's hands straight down to a waiting DB.

I see a massive amount of potential in both Maurer and Bailey. Milton also has a lot of physical tools and Hooker could be really productive (more so running the ball). I don't get anyone trying to downplay the other QBs on the roster. I'll be happy to see good QB play no matter who it is...although I can't help but pull for Bailey and Maurer a bit because they both signed with UT out of high school and stuck it out through this coaching change.
Iā€™m not meaning to sound ā€œagainstā€ Bailey or any of them for that matter. But he nearly threw two picks that were dropped by the defense vs UK as well. The reason I bring that up is Maurer is the only one being accused of not being SEC caliber because of his ā€œnearā€ ints on top of his actual ints. Why does it matter if a turnover comes in the form of fumble or int? If Maurer is going to accused of being a turnover machine (which I strongly disagree), the same can be said of Bailey (which I also disagree). All Iā€™m saying is letā€™s be fair.

Also Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen the criticism Iā€™ve received over Maurers ints that werenā€™t his fault either. 3 of his five were completely on someone else.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
Brian Maurer is a good QB but funny thing about about a concussion is that it's easier to get them after the first one and that makes you second guess taking off running. BM was good in the beginning but his performance went down the more he played. That could be bc of the play calls sure but regardless we still sucked no matter who the QB was. Season is about to start in a few months let's just wait and see what happens. Which ever QB starts I hope the Oline can protect them.

VN Store

Back