H. Bailey will be attending Manning QB Academy

He's been hitting all the camps in the offseason, i've heard. working on passing game extremely hard. Getting JACKED as well.
Yes he has. Idk if the others have or not. I haven't seen proof of it if they have, like with HB. I for one, hope his dedication to the team, reaps him huge dividends this season. He is deserving.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
He needs to stay the season. Eligibility wise, he’s still a freshman. He can transfer at end of year if he doesn’t see an opportunity

Joe Milton doesnt comfort me as the QB yet and he sure shouldn’t run anyone off at this point.

I continue to believe he's the best QB on our roster, but out of the "Big 3 contenders" (Hooker / Maurer / Bailey), I think they will all be better than JG last year.

THIS is a totally fair post IMO, although I personally cannot see anything Maurer has done or has developed that is up to the skill level required of an SEC QB.

THIS is a totally fair post IMO, although I personally cannot see anything Maurer has done or has developed that is up to the skill level required of an SEC QB.
Except for keep pace with UGA for 3 quarters in his first ever start as a freshman. And running and passing at will vs MSST. And moving the offense up and down the field vs Alabama. But I get it...... who are those teams? Brian Maurer has proven he can’t play vs SEC teams.

Dude.... just admit you don’t want the kid to be an SEC qb. Not that he isn’t or can’t be better with proper coaching.

He did look better, against the 2’s and 3’s of a depleted roster. Let’s keep it in perspective. May the best man win the QB competition during fall camp.
I realize that
Looked like his arm was a little stronger.

Better play calls too.

Just an FYI, this camp isn't for the college QBs that are attending. They are there to help and coordinate.

The camp is for middle school and high school kids.

And for that reason... It really isn't a big deal who does and does not attend IMO.
That makes JGs attendance even more atrocious. Poor kids.

I looked at the 4 day schedule and the first thing that popped out was DINNER SERVED BY MCDONALDS. (Happy meals????)
Anyway you all realize that Bailey IS NOT going there to receive training. Right??? He is going there as a counselor (instructor) for a 4 day camp for high school age camp. Camp lasts from July 15-18 so camp is over today.
Reading this thread You guys make it sound like Bailey was going to get a month long personal training session from the Mannings.

JG attended it a couple of times, didn't help him. Not saying its not a good camp or he won't learn a lot, just saying don't be thinking Bailey is going to come out of it an NFL ready QB this season.
my first thought when I saw article headline. Taking skills to scheme/game seemed to be JG's issue. Hope they have a session "when the game's on the line, don't do this..."

Except for keep pace with UGA for 3 quarters in his first ever start as a freshman. And running and passing at will vs MSST. And moving the offense up and down the field vs Alabama. But I get it...... who are those teams? Brian Maurer has proven he can’t play vs SEC teams.

Dude.... just admit you don’t want the kid to be an SEC qb. Not that he isn’t or can’t be better with proper coaching.

Dude, I don't give a rats bedonka donk whether he's an SEC QB or not. He does not have the head nor talent to play QB in the SEC IMO. It's my opinion, it ain't changing until you get him off the head meds and he develops the talent to display he is an SEC QB which I do not ever see happening. I get it, you have your opinion and are a shill for Maurer, does not change my opinion one iota. We both have to pay a $1 for coffee at McDonald's and the spin of the planet does not change, so get some %$#@ing perspective.

Dude, I don't give a rats bedonka donk whether he's an SEC QB or not. He does not have the head nor talent to play QB in the SEC IMO. It's my opinion, it ain't changing until you get him off the head meds and he develops the talent to display he is an SEC QB which I do not ever see happening. I get it, you have your opinion and are a shill for Maurer, does not change my opinion one iota. We both have to pay a $1 for coffee at McDonald's and the spin of the planet does not change, so get some %$#@ing perspective.
-Anyone that’s ever read your posts about him knows that’s a lie.

-I just gave you 3 examples (in order of his starts I might add) where he “displayed the talent of an SEC qb”. You just refuse to see it. I can even go as far as 4 if we’re being honest because coming back from injury he had 0 passing yards and 0 rushing yards in the first quarter of the UK game. After he knocked some rust off he had a 120 total yard second quarter.

The point is your opinion is garbage and the teams he had the opportunity to start against would disagree that he’s not “worthy”. Accompany that with all the SEC offers he had post elite 11 and nearly every SEC school would disagree with you. All I’m asking is if your going to give an opinion, at least have the decency to give an educated one.

So dumb if y’all want to hate the kid just say that… but don’t act like it’s because he does not have talent because he does and I think he would be the best in CJH system of all the Qbs we have… he is fearless and if you can harness that you get baker mayfield type of players his starts show me that the moment will not be too big for him… he has flaws like all other but I think his are correctable and he will shine in this system… but I’ll get 110 percent behind whoever earns the job in a Qb battle because I know they have beat out 3 other good candidates and CJH will put them in positions to succeed no matter which of the 4 it is.

So dumb if y’all want to hate the kid just say that… but don’t act like it’s because he does not have talent because he does and I think he would be the best in CJH system of all the Qbs we have… he is fearless and if you can harness that you get baker mayfield type of players his starts show me that the moment will not be too big for him… he has flaws like all other but I think his are correctable and he will shine in this system… but I’ll get 110 percent behind whoever earns the job in a Qb battle because I know they have beat out 3 other good candidates and CJH will put them in positions to succeed no matter which of the 4 it is.
He may or may not win the job. But to say he’s not an SEC talent is just plain stupid. If that’s his opinion, then he’s claiming to be a better judge of talent than those SEC coaches that offered him pre and post elite 11. Which is quite a few and include some pretty prominent names. A non SEC talent doesn’t play in the SEC. PERIOD.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The college QBs at the MPA usually have a little competition against each other at some point during the camp. There's usually some reporting on it.

Outstanding point. If I attended a guitar camp with Clapton, Beck, Page, Richards, etc, I probably would leave pretty inspired and having learned a few tricks. However, I would not be ready for inductance into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
I thought the college QB's go to the Manning camp to counsel. The camp is for high school QB's not those 8 SEC QB's that will attend.

Just an FYI, this camp isn't for the college QBs that are attending. They are there to help and coordinate.

The camp is for middle school and high school kids.

And for that reason... It really isn't a big deal who does and does not attend IMO.
Even better. When preparing to teach a person can really learn a lot about the subject.

Wow. They didn't even mention Brian Maurer as a factor in the QB battle haha.
One of a growing list of reasons that these guys (RTI) are amateurs.

Bailey has been putting in some serious work this off-season. Very excited to see the results! Very glad Peyton will get to actually work with him.
BM’s name on the roster makes him a minor factor. Other than that he doesn’t factor in at all.

Cherry picking stats and games again. Look at his total Qb ranking. Look at his opportunities last year and his lack of comfort going thru his reads. His immediate reaction to action on the field is too tall off and scramble. If BM is a factor this year or ever at the D1 level it would be a shocker. Vol
fans were so eager for anyone to show flashes that they were better than JG that we over exaggerated the other Qb’s abilities
or play. I was also guilty of this. There is very little evidence that BM is anything more than a bench warming Qb carrying a clipboard.

I thought the college QB's go to the Manning camp to counsel. The camp is for high school QB's not those 8 SEC QB's that will attend.
Yes, but ...
1.The camp has the Manning name on it, and they will not turn loose HB and the others to instruct until they know the instructors have down pat all the stance, footwork, throwing motion, going thru progressions in timely manner etc.
2. Instructors for sports don't just talk, they demonstrate, over and over. That sounds like a lot of reps that can go toward more auto muscle memory.
3. Last I heard, Peyton is a Vol fan. I have no doubts about Peyton not hesitating to have a few sidebar chats and tips for the UT QB there, even if on the down-low and us never hearing about it.

Cherry picking stats and games again. Look at his total Qb ranking. Look at his opportunities last year and his lack of comfort going thru his reads. His immediate reaction to action on the field is too tall off and scramble. If BM is a factor this year or ever at the D1 level it would be a shocker. Vol
fans were so eager for anyone to show flashes that they were better than JG that we over exaggerated the other Qb’s abilities
or play. I was also guilty of this. There is very little evidence that BM is anything more than a bench warming Qb carrying a clipboard.
Been telling you since after the Alabama game last year that there’s more to it than you know. You’re completely naive if you think everything was just as it seemed.

VN Store

Back