Guys fought their guts out. Proud of the effort and the whole team.

Lack of depth and development (for whatever reason) from the likes of Gaines, Plavsic, Nkamhoua, Pember, Anoskie, and Walker has been disappointing and atypical from Barnes’ coached teams.
I’m going to have to disagree with you on this as it’s my main complaint with CRB as he tends to play 6-7 guys almost all the minutes. I don’t understand why he doesn’t make a commitment to give his 8&9 guys consistent minutes throughout the regular season. Guys can’t develop without playing regularly IMO. You don’t give them any minutes to speak of then when you really need them due to injury or foul trouble they’re not prepared to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
It’s not that we lost, it’s how we lost. I have a hard time stomaching these 15+ point blown leads. We’ve done it a few times this year.

It’s going to take complete basketball to win games next weekend, not just 1 exceptional half and then a sloppy mess the next half. But, that’s kind of been our MO all year so not sure why today surprised me.

Get used to it. That’s how Barnes coaches. He doesn’t believe in TOs early in the game or 2nd half.

Elite 8 type of game. When playing this type just like the next tournament to advance you have to have a true PG playing elite ball. Quinerly for them was the difference. We will have this next year with Chandler so turnovers should be much better. Vescovi Bailey and James will benefit. Maybe Springer decides to come back working on his game to be a lottery pick not just 1st rounder. Get us a big that can play we will be cooking. In CHRIST Alone

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this as it’s my main complaint with CRB as he tends to play 6-7 guys almost all the minutes. I don’t understand why he doesn’t make a commitment to give his 8&9 guys consistent minutes throughout the regular season. Guys can’t develop without playing regularly IMO. You don’t give them any minutes to speak of then when you really need them due to injury or foul trouble they’re not prepared to play.
Understand the point. I figure if they had shown progress in practice Barnes would have played them more. Plavsic did okay today from my perspective. How we have handled Nkamhoua this year has been puzzling.

I think Alabama is a good team and well coached. That being said, Tennessee gave up this game. They get very careless with the ball, especially in crunch time. They are one of the worst free throw shooting teams I’ve seen at UT in years. Not having Fulkerson hurt but we should have easily won this game. How many times did we force a turnover and turn it right back over on the ensuing fast break? Why can nobody on this team finish besides two freshmen?

Alabama only had one player play over 20 minutes in their win over Mississippi State. Tennessee was gassed the last 12 minutes. Led to less defensive pressure and less offensive execution, and just had no legs left.
I hope you’re right but the fact is this team has looked disinterested and unwilling to give the kind of effort needed to win at times. Did we see that resurface or a gassed team as you said? I lean away from being gassed given that these kids are in great shape, had a week off, and were on game 2. If this were game 3 or 4 of the tourney then maybe but I find it hard to believe we had nothing in the tank. I think Bama smacked them in the mouth that second half and we just couldn’t handle it.

Last edited:
If you're good enough to get up 15 in the second half without Fulky you should have been good enough to win. The officials did no favor but this was a pretty big choke. Sadly that's the norm in the SECT no matter who is coaching or playing.

If you're good enough to get up 15 in the second half without Fulky you should have been good enough to win. The officials did no favor but this was a pretty big choke. Sadly that's the norm in the SECT no matter who is coaching or playing.
The officials got trigger happy on a few of those charging calls to begin the 2nd half. One guy from bama flopped twice and got the call both times.

Proud of the Vols in SEC tournament. This is a fun team to watch. I think they will be a tough out in the NCAA tourney and have found their mojo again. Hopefully Fulky is back soon but the team played extremely hard and acquitted themselves well without him.

I think Alabama is a good team and well coached. That being said, Tennessee gave up this game. They get very careless with the ball, especially in crunch time. They are one of the worst free throw shooting teams I’ve seen at UT in years. Not having Fulkerson hurt but we should have easily won this game. How many times did we force a turnover and turn it right back over on the ensuing fast break? Why can nobody on this team finish besides two freshmen?

Actually our regulars are all pretty good FT shooters. Once you get past that...well, you saw the results.

Last edited:
No 15 point lead is safe in college unless you're down under 4-5 mins. So many teams can just tee off from three now.

Proud of the Vols in SEC tournament. This is a fun team to watch. I think they will be a tough out in the NCAA tourney and have found their mojo again. Hopefully Fulky is back soon but the team played extremely hard and acquitted themselves well without him.
Proud of the the team picked to win the conference and they lost in the semifinals? There isn’t nothing fun to watch about this group lol. They will be bounced this upcoming week.

I'm less proud and more disappointed watching them fold under pressure. It's really tough being a Tennessee fan.

Tennessee missed 3 free throws the entire game

VN Store

Back