Gus Malzhan / Train

I have a gut feeling Malzahn will go into broadcasting. Maybe take a year off first, but he seems very well suited for a broadcasting gig. And he's made so much buyout money off of Auburn, he doesn't really have to work another day in his life.
Saturday mornings with Gus and Gene.....

Pulling for Gus as new HC for Vols

Never had a losing season in the SEC
Has beat Bama / Been to the NC game
Squeaky clean background
No Buyout clause
Recruits good and his players love the guy

And, it's time for UT to prove (to the fans $$$) that they're going all in the get the best-proven HC that's available.

I'd take Kiffin, but he'd just be going for another pay raise like Gundy did to us, two times.

Unfortunately Pruitt knew Gus’s offense as well as Gus did, other DCs have figured it out as well

So what’s funny is there are two types of fans here. Realistic and delusional
We need a coach that’s gonna win 8 games... and we need it for 5 years plus. If you are a fan thinks about making the playoff you need to take a step back and re evaluate how you are looking at this program. We are nowhere close right now and a coaching hire won’t get us there tomorrow either. Malzahn is exactly what Tennessee needs right now. We need consistency and we need it bad.

Loser mentality, of course stability needs to be built. However, everyone in the building needs to set the long range goal and work towards it.

I dread the day we do hire a new coach! No matter who it is factions will develop immediately and the one liners and childish name calling will start. And the same ole stuff posted over and over with smugness like they were the first to post it 😂😂. You know...names like Beldar, Cornbread etc etc yawn yawn. Man I’d get so embarrassed for these type posters over and over. 😂😂. Trying not to do that anymore 🙁🙁.

Hes not my dream hire but I'd sure take him. I'm kinda confused, we been over here losing to KY and ARK and people don't want a coach because he has a losing record vs a top 5 team in UGA?

Trust me, JG lighting up Steele's D and Pruitt getting a win over Gus is troubling but before another no name assistant or even Steele gets the nod I'd certainly prefer Gus.

I'd wager he could improve our overall talent and conditioning to a respectable level for the next guy, at least better than Steele or a Google McFartwad could.

Hopefully a coach higher on the list gets hired and it's a moot point.

Reactions: Volfanjohnny2005
You mean he was 2-7 against UGA and 3-6 against Bama or 5-13 total. Meanwhile, UT was 1-17 vs Bama/Georgia in that same timespan which is a 500% improvement. I could live with that
I think Gus is a really good HC. But I think we should hire someone that can beat Georgia more than twice in 9 yrs. He has had the talent without a doubt to have done so. If you have the talent to beat the arguably greatest HC in college football history 3 out of 8 times...then you should be able to have beaten Georgia 2 or 3 more times than that.

I get that he has beat Saban 3 times out of 8...that is a feat in its self. But we are in the East. Bama beats everybody and Georgia has beaten Gus more times than the Mighty Saban. Just saying.

Pulling for Gus as new HC for Vols

Never had a losing season in the SEC
Has beat Bama / Been to the NC game
Squeaky clean background
No Buyout clause
Recruits good and his players love the guy

And, it's time for UT to prove (to the fans $$$) that they're going all in the get the best-proven HC that's available.

I'd take Kiffin, but he'd just be going for another pay raise like Gundy did to us, two times.

In my opinion, Gus is the obvious choice. Obvious. He checks all the boxes for us especially in the shape we are in right now.

Reactions: Border Vol
I think it would be our best move to get good players fast. I mean since our team is transferring, maybe Auburn's team will transfer to UT!

VN Store

Back