The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I built a pistol and despised it. Didn't get a brace though. At the time they were $160 So I figured I'd go ahead an spend $40 and get the stamp for a sbr. Nice thing about the stamp you can put multiple sbr uppers on the stamped lower with no need for a new stamp. I've got the 300 b/o that I've posted pictures of that's accurate to about 100 yards suppressed. I can't member if I've posted a pic since I added the eotech with magnifier so....

But you can't cross state lines with an SBR, right? That's a show-stopper for me. We travel to TN and PA at least annually. I know this will spark some laughing, if not an outright investigation into my mental stability, but when we travel, I usually take at least two .45's, and my HD AR, and enough ammo to fight my way home if I have to.

Don't ask about the obligatory "Go-Bag"...and the Wise survival backpacks...and the other stuff.

But you can't cross state lines with an SBR, right? That's a show-stopper for me. We travel to TN and PA at least annually. I know this will spark some laughing, if not an outright investigation into my mental stability, but when we travel, I usually take at least two .45's, and my HD AR, and enough ammo to fight my way home if I have to.

Don't ask about the obligatory "Go-Bag"...and the Wise survival backpacks...and the other stuff.
You can cross state lines but you have to notify someone, atf maybe, can't recall.

You can cross state lines but you have to notify someone, atf maybe, can't recall.

Yeah, I actually talk to an ATF guy...and a super guy...out of Savannah (I think). He's been a great source of info on what you can and can't do. I'd rather keep it as simple as possible. Figuring an AR15 pistol is a 50 yard gun, 100 max, probably best for me to not have to remember to make phone calls or send emails.

I've come a long ways from "Colt 6933 or bust" to "maybe a PSA works best for me". Baby steps...

I'm listening...

BUIS for starters (I always suggest the Magpul MBus series). You're going to want a light mount. Well, welcome to the M-LOK world my friend. Plus, that SPARC needs a riser mount to be effective.

And we can't forget about a muzzle device to tame that fireball that's going to happen. You're going to want it for certain.

Plus, I'd suggest a two point sling (maybe a single point though I hate them) which means you'll need to get an M-LOK adaptor for the rail. Probably something for the rear unless you replace the receiver plate which is fairly easy to do if you are knowledgeable of such things and keep the rear takedown pin spring from flying off into the great unknown.

BUIS for starters (I always suggest the Magpul MBus series). You're going to want a light mount. Well, welcome to the M-LOK world my friend. Plus, that SPARC needs a riser mount to be effective.

And we can't forget about a muzzle device to tame that fireball that's going to happen. You're going to want it for certain.

Plus, I'd suggest a two point sling (maybe a single point though I hate them) which means you'll need to get an M-LOK adaptor for the rail. Probably something for the rear unless you replace the receiver plate which is fairly easy to do if you are knowledgeable of such things and keep the rear takedown pin spring from flying off into the great unknown.

Yep. Posted earlier, I'm thinking MBUS and a SPARC. I thought the SPARC II came with the riser for absolute co-witness. I already have a Scout light sitting on the shelf waiting on a home. Sling. Figured I could do without, but on second thought, you're right.

I'd heard about the noise and light, and had resigned myself to replacing a couple of windows if I had to use it. What you got in mind for a flash suppressor? Nothing too fancy, just something that works.

Here we go again. In the door at $549...come out the other end of "GV's Trick My Rifle Emporium", and we're north of a good liquor store robbery.

I'll never learn...

:cool:

Yep. Posted earlier, I'm thinking MBUS and a SPARC. I thought the SPARC II came with the riser for absolute co-witness. I already have a Scout light sitting on the shelf waiting on a home. Sling. Figured I could do without, but on second thought, you're right.

I'd heard about the noise and light, and had resigned myself to replacing a couple of windows if I had to use it. What you got in mind for a flash suppressor? Nothing too fancy, just something that works.

Here we go again. In the door at $549...come out the other end of "GV's Trick My Rifle Emporium", and we're north of a good liquor store robbery.

I'll never learn...

:cool:

Do you have the proper M-LOK mount for said light?

An A2 muzzle deveice will do okay. There are better though and it's something you might look at down the road.

I'm sure I don't have to tell U how often to clean with black powder!
Indeed. Thats the good thing about the 44-40. The case mouth is so thin it seals the chamber very well and you have very limited blowback. I will still use the regular black powder cleaning methods, but it’s not quite as intensive.

Thunderstick. Man gun.

You clean an AR with your garage door open, and all your neighbors think you're a "gun nut".

You clean one of those with your garage door open, and your neighbors think John Wayne just moved in. Men cross the street to get out of your way, and the ladies curtsey when you walk by.

Black powder only adds to the mystique.

Rock on, DTH.

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
Do you have the proper M-LOK mount for said light?

An A2 muzzle deveice will do okay. There are better though and it's something you might look at down the road.

I'm running hot and cold on it. "Pull the trigger"...."No, you don't need another gun. Wait."

I'm gonna wait, for now. I have a plan. If anything happens to run prices north, I'll go ahead and jump on it, and go from there.

For now, wait. Much as I hate to.

Appreciate the advice. Eventually, I'll put it to use. Oh...Scout light is a rail mount. Now what?

VN Store

Back