The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Dang! I may do my AR-10 if that's all it takes.

Word of advice. If you proceed the SBR route with 7.62, suppress it. Finished the pistol build a few weeks back and tested this weekend. Accurate as hell. Loud as hell and the recoil with the pistol blade stock is less than desirable after 2 mags.

I'll be making changes soon.

Word of advice. If you proceed the SBR route with 7.62, suppress it. Finished the pistol build a few weeks back and tested this weekend. Accurate as hell. Loud as hell and the recoil with the pistol blade stock is less than desirable after 2 mags.

I'll be making changes soon.
I just received my stamp for a saker 7.62. haven't picked it up yet.

Way off topic here but does anyone have or know of a marlin 1895 SBL for sale around east tn?

I'm getting ready to purchase an eotech for one of my ARs. Any suggestions? I looked at the site and was overwhelmed.

Added a 5.11 Bailout Bag and a Streamlight TLR-1HL to my inventory. I'l try the TLR-1 on my patrol rifle to see if I like it better than the SureFire Scout. The Bailout Bag will work in church for extra mags, flashlight, my SO radio, and IFAK kits...and on patrol with (6) AR mags, spare pistol mags, IR sight, and IFAK kits.

Anybody got an uparmored Hummer for sale? Take a check? Counter check? National Bank of Nigeria?

Reactions: TN404 and Obsessed
I'm getting ready to purchase an eotech for one of my ARs. Any suggestions? I looked at the site and was overwhelmed.

I wouldn't get one with the goofy type batteries. Probably one that took AA or the 123 type. I'm not a fan of the BDC reticles either.

Other than that, they are good.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Added a 5.11 Bailout Bag and a Streamlight TLR-1HL to my inventory. I'l try the TLR-1 on my patrol rifle to see if I like it better than the SureFire Scout. The Bailout Bag will work in church for extra mags, flashlight, my SO radio, and IFAK kits...and on patrol with (6) AR mags, spare pistol mags, IR sight, and IFAK kits.

Anybody got an uparmored Hummer for sale? Take a check? Counter check? National Bank of Nigeria?

Waiting on you to bid...minus some options of course.

2001 AM General M1045A2 HMMWV 4 Door Hard Top w/Slant Back

Academy Sports * Outdoors 2018 Black Friday Ad

Here are a few of the pages of interest.

u_Academy-Sports-2018-BF-REV2-02-BFAds-1541601733lXzmguxX.jpg

u_Academy-Sports-2018-BF-REV2-10-BFAds-1541601733TWoZRlUT.jpg

u_Academy-Sports-2018-BF-REV2-11-BFAds-1541601733k2yX7cWY.jpg

u_Academy-Sports-2018-BF-REV2-12-BFAds-1541601733ImbAW4XR.jpg

Reactions: Obsessed
I wouldn't get one with the goofy type batteries. Probably one that took AA or the 123 type. I'm not a fan of the BDC reticles either.

Other than that, they are good.

I'll echo what GV said. I ended up with an Aimpoint PRO, and am very, very pleased. For me, this is the perfect HD / Patrol / Active Shooter sight. Turn it on, and leave it on. 2 MOA dot; zeroed at 50 yards; leaves me +/- 3" of POA from point blank to 200 yards. Unlikely I'll ever engage anything outside of 50-75 yards...100 tops. I change the battery every year just to be safe, but the 1/3N batteries are not expensive, so it's an easy call.

EOTech makes some good ones. Just remember, if it's a "CQB" rifle, then don't bother with anything other than what you need to win a gunfight in the dark. Keep it simple. Easier to learn; less likely to disappoint you just when you need it most.

You already know all of that; I just wanted to sound cool.

:cool:

Reactions: txbo
Finally got around to cleaning my AR after Saturday (I know, bad dad), and a few observations for the VN Gun Club:

- So I splurged and bought an Otis AR cleaning kit. All of the Internet Wise Men (not here) were fawning over it. Yeah, ********. The bolt tool is a nice gadget, but I ended up hanging up one of those "pinch here, fold here, do it this way" patches in the barrel, and it took me 15 minutes to get it out. Plus the endless changing of attachments to fit the flexible pull rod. So I threw the whole shebang (minus the bolt tool) in the shitcan; grabbed my MilSpec AR cleaning kit; and had a clean rifle 30 minutes later. Lesson learned. Sometimes the basics are the best.

- I do like the M-Pro 7 cleaning solution. Seems to work. And sticking with the new "back to basics" philosophy, it's Hoppe's Elite or plain old #9 for lube. CLP on hand for general work.

- I mounted the TLR-1HL, and I really like it. It has replaced the Scout light. Mated it to a Midwest Industries FSB mount. Next month, we'll have some time in a 180 degree shoot house just up the road. Although my knees will prohibit me from going full-ninja, I'm interested to see what I can do in the dark with that light on that rifle. Odds are, I'll return here somewhat humbled, but that in itself should prove to be an interesting read. Stay tuned.

- Note to GV: I can keep the FSB rail mount you sent me, or send it back to you. I promise you, if I don't use it I will forward it to someone who will. Nice to have a backup, and eventually I'll have a rifle I will need it for.

- There's an Al Qaeda Armadillo who has been conducting late night incursions into my AOR. My back yard is starting to look like an artillery range. I have changed the batteries in my Nikon IR device, and have a 20 round mag of Federal 62gr JSP's on standby. This coming weekend, I plan to send him off to his 144 virgins with a bang. Literally. Wish me luck.

Y'all keep 'em straight out there.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Finally got around to cleaning my AR after Saturday (I know, bad dad), and a few observations for the VN Gun Club:

- So I splurged and bought an Otis AR cleaning kit. All of the Internet Wise Men (not here) were fawning over it. Yeah, ********. The bolt tool is a nice gadget, but I ended up hanging up one of those "pinch here, fold here, do it this way" patches in the barrel, and it took me 15 minutes to get it out. Plus the endless changing of attachments to fit the flexible pull rod. So I threw the whole shebang (minus the bolt tool) in the shitcan; grabbed my MilSpec AR cleaning kit; and had a clean rifle 30 minutes later. Lesson learned. Sometimes the basics are the best.

- I do like the M-Pro 7 cleaning solution. Seems to work. And sticking with the new "back to basics" philosophy, it's Hoppe's Elite or plain old #9 for lube. CLP on hand for general work.

- I mounted the TLR-1HL, and I really like it. It has replaced the Scout light. Mated it to a Midwest Industries FSB mount. Next month, we'll have some time in a 180 degree shoot house just up the road. Although my knees will prohibit me from going full-ninja, I'm interested to see what I can do in the dark with that light on that rifle. Odds are, I'll return here somewhat humbled, but that in itself should prove to be an interesting read. Stay tuned.

- Note to GV: I can keep the FSB rail mount you sent me, or send it back to you. I promise you, if I don't use it I will forward it to someone who will. Nice to have a backup, and eventually I'll have a rifle I will need it for.

- There's an Al Qaeda Armadillo who has been conducting late night incursions into my AOR. My back yard is starting to look like an artillery range. I have changed the batteries in my Nikon IR device, and have a 20 round mag of Federal 62gr JSP's on standby. This coming weekend, I plan to send him off to his 144 virgins with a bang. Literally. Wish me luck.

Hoppe's 9 - The Gun Care People

Life changing...

I have bore snakes for all my guns, long and short. You sold me on those over a year ago. Still, one needs the right tools to clean the rest of the gun, so in my quest for perfection I ended up taking a short trip down Butterflies & Rainbows Lane. As I said, and as you already know, if it ain't broke...spend all that money on ammo & beer instead of the "Shiwala Popeil FlexSeal Australian AR Cleaning Kit".

(sigh)

I have bore snakes for all my guns, long and short. You sold me on those over a year ago. Still, one needs the right tools to clean the rest of the gun, so in my quest for perfection I ended up taking a short trip down Butterflies & Rainbows Lane. As I said, and as you already know, if it ain't broke...spend all that money on ammo & beer instead of the "Shiwala Popeil FlexSeal Australian AR Cleaning Kit".

(sigh)

Nothing wrong with the Otis kit. I just found the Boresnake relieves the pressure of having to "fold corner one halfway with corner two one third halfway across for the perfect fit!"

I have some specialty tools I use as well. Like the CAT tool bolt cleaner. One never knows when you get a lowly E-3 that thinks they know all about firearms and "there's carbon here, it's not clean."

I might have had to set a couple straight in my time...

May we suggest tannerite as possible solution to stop the insurgency?

May we suggest tannerite as possible solution to stop the insurgency?

Armadillos also eat termites and other bugs that can destroy homes. I don't mind the one that meanders through my backyard every once in a while.

Armadillos also eat termites and other bugs that can destroy homes. I don't mind the one that meanders through my backyard every once in a while.

I'll send him to you when I'm done. Guarantee, this one won't meander at all. Stay right where you put him...

;)

VN Store

Back