Guitars.. What you got?

I rock this fast, loud and hard. It's a man's guitar. This through a dimed ***hs ODS 100 and the neighbors call the police, who call the sheriff because they don't want this sort of trouble.

i-q8sVbkX-M.jpg

I rock this fast, loud and hard. It's a man's guitar. This through a dimed ***hs ODS 100 and the neighbors call the police, who call the sheriff because they don't want this sort of trouble.

i-q8sVbkX-M.jpg

Electric Mini or maybe even parlor. Is the scale off, cause the frets are real close up the neck. Guess it does not matter as the last fretted note is all that matters.
I bougt a Taylor Mini-E acoustic/electric a couple of years ago.
My Marshall is a 50W and it will remove dry wall. Cant imagne a 100W in a house.

Electric Mini or maybe even parlor. Is the scale off, cause the frets are real close up the neck. Guess it does not matter as the last fretted note is all that matters.
I bougt a Taylor Mini-E acoustic/electric a couple of years ago.
My Marshall is a 50W and it will remove dry wall. Cant imagne a 100W in a house.

It's tuned 1 octave higher than "standard." This is a doubleneck version. Also mine. I'm interested in odd guitars.

i-HSP4hzB-M.jpg

Has anybody tried out the Yamaha red labels? I’m thinking of picking up a fgx5, which is hand made in their custom shop in Japan . The reviews are out of this world.

I got my dream guitar today. I have always wanted a ebony Gibson Les Paul Standard. I found one the year my daughter was born. It's exactly 1 month younger than my daughter lol. It's all original with the original paperwork from Gibson. Has a few little nicks but for a 21 going on 22 year old guitar it's great. I am excited!
PSX_20210313_153312.jpg

Has anybody tried out the Yamaha red labels? I’m thinking of picking up a fgx5, which is hand made in their custom shop in Japan . The reviews are out of this world.

Never heard of it. Might check it out.

Incidentally I owned a Masada LP copy back in about 1980 that was made in Japan. It was not solid body but only pressed wood, but the best playing guitar that I think I ever played. The frets and fretboard and action were awesome. Like butter. Dimarzio copy PU's. In fact I went back like a year later when I removed one and they were not Dimarzio Super Distortion PU's as they said when I purchased. Dude exchanged one for the real thing. Not that there was any discernable differnce.

Sold it to a friend to help buy the LP in my avatar pic in 1985.

I got my dream guitar today. I have always wanted a ebony Gibson Les Paul Standard. I found one the year my daughter was born. It's exactly 1 month younger than my daughter lol. It's all original with the original paperwork from Gibson. Has a few little nicks but for a 21 going on 22 year old guitar it's great. I am excited!
View attachment 358077

Sweet!
Welcome to the LP Club! Newbies buy the first round!

Never heard of it. Might check it out.

Incidentally I owned a Masada LP copy back in about 1980 that was made in Japan. It was not solid body but only pressed wood, but the best playing guitar that I think I ever played. The frets and fretboard and action were awesome. Like butter. Dimarzio copy PU's. In fact I went back like a year later when I removed one and they were not Dimarzio Super Distortion PU's as they said when I purchased. Dude exchanged one for the real thing. Not that there was any discernable differnce.

Sold it to a friend to help buy the LP in my avatar pic in 1985.
A friend of mine had a Japanese strat that played just as well as any US strat I had played..

Reactions: Orangeburst
I would love to hear some of you cats playing. Guess we cannot just link files direct due to copyright.

Reactions: ACvol3
I got the Yamaha FGX5 today.. got a killer deal on it. It was marked down for being a scratch and dent because the electronics didn’t work.. I asked their tech what it would take to fix it, and he came back 5 mins later with it working perfectly. I still got it at the reduced price. One of the best sounding acoustics I’ve ever played. Very similar to a d18

I like to play fingerstyle acoustic, so I got my dream guitar last year...a Kevin Ryan Nightingale. By far the best acoustic guitar I have owned or played, and I've owned and played some really nice acoustics.

View attachment 372900

Gorgeous. Are those sound holes in the side? Never seen that and a beveled top or such.. Wonder if that allows the bass of a jumbo with the bright of a dreadnought.

I will try to walk over one day soon during lunch. They had a Gibson Cafe at Opry Mills for a few years where you could watch the luthiers at work. Hopefully, this venue will last longer. We have a lot of great music shops in town and I'm not sure that many tourists are going to splurge on a Gibson they way they do on the buy-one-get-two-free boot shops. I'll be interested to see what sets this gallery apart.

Gorgeous. Are those sound holes in the side? Never seen that and a beveled top or such.. Wonder if that allows the bass of a jumbo with the bright of a dreadnought.
They're in the bevel and basically point at your right ear. They mainly act like a monitor so the player can hear what people in front of the guitar are hearing.

Also, I see you're in Buford. I'm over in Cumming. Have you been to Righteous Guitars in Roswell? Most impressive guitar shop I've ever been to and the folks there treat you like you're in a small mom and pop shop.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back