Guitars.. What you got?

My son has really taken off with his playing this year. Now, he is looking for his first electric. Problem is: he's a lefty, so my little collection is useless to him. He is thinking a Tele. Are the new $800 Player models decent? He's not able to drop $2000 right now.
get him a righty strat and let him Jimi it.

Sam Ash has some good deals right now.

My son has really taken off with his playing this year. Now, he is looking for his first electric. Problem is: he's a lefty, so my little collection is useless to him. He is thinking a Tele. Are the new $800 Player models decent? He's not able to drop $2000 right now.
Yes, they are absolutely good to go. The Fender player series are fine guitars and you can always upgrade later if you want. Get a good setup on the guitar and it will play awesome. I would check the local craigslist for a used Fender Mexican standard strat or Tele. They can be had for around $500. The line I was told by a Fender rep was: You can buy a Fender made by Mexicans in Mexico or by Mexicans in California. His point being that paying $1000 more extra for a USA strat is really not worth it unless that's what you really want.

Yes, they are absolutely good to go. The Fender player series are fine guitars and you can always upgrade later if you want. Get a good setup on the guitar and it will play awesome. I would check the local craigslist for a used Fender Mexican standard strat or Tele. They can be had for around $500. The line I was told by a Fender rep was: You can buy a Fender made by Mexicans in Mexico or by Mexicans in California. His point being that paying $1000 more extra for a USA strat is really not worth it unless that's what you really want.
I got a MIM strat a few years ago and put in a set of Fender Yosemite pickups for around 100 bucks and it sounds fantastic.

See above: found a good deal on an American with the preferred dark fretboard. He loves it.

Wish I could play it. Dang lefty son....

Apparently the guitar industry is in rough shape and deals to be had…

A new guitar has been added to the family, a Taylor 512ce. I've been in the market for a smaller-bodied guitar for a while now, this one checked off many boxes for me. I'm typically not a huge fan of the Taylor sound (Typically too bright) and tend to gravitate towards Martins, however this guitar had a warmth to it that most Taylors I've played do not. It is a pleasure to play and is extremely easy to play.

IMG_1319.jpg

A new guitar has been added to the family, a Taylor 512ce. I've been in the market for a smaller-bodied guitar for a while now, this one checked off many boxes for me. I'm typically not a huge fan of the Taylor sound (Typically too bright) and tend to gravitate towards Martins, however this guitar had a warmth to it that most Taylors I've played do not. It is a pleasure to play and is extremely easy to play.

View attachment 635148
Beauty. My 614 is my favorite acoustic. I'm actually a fan of the brighter tone, and that neck is butter.

Reactions: Matt2496
Also, the T5 has me trying out all kinds of cool stuff at night. The versatility is honestly amazing.

VN Store

Back