Guarantano to play

But only 30 points against Ga St. most every team has scored more than that on them. And if we had of had better qb play Ga St.. would not have scored as much on us. jg just can't lead the team to scores consistantly.
Ktown blames the defense, but can't understand when the offense can't move the ball, of course the defense is gonna wear out. That's been our story for 2and a half years now mostly.

If we get them off the field and don't allow 9/10 on 3rd and 4th and short we get more possessions and score way more points.

Funny how that works.

It's Georgia man. I am having trouble defining what playing well even looks like today. Anyone we put out there is going to struggle mightily unless Georgia just decides to phone it in. Not getting killed and coughing the ball up consistently is going to look pretty good by the end of the day. If somehow the QB can move us down the field and put points on the board, they will have surpassed all expectations today.

JG was 62% for 2 tds and no ints last year. As a freshman 6/7 on passing attempts vs UGA.

Taking care of the ball with no turnovers, scoring a couple times, and completing over 60% seems like the baseline to a decent performance going by previous standards.

Pruitt is about equal to Dooley. I honestly don't think he's at a Butch level yet. And I think Butch was bad
I would take a Butch Jones 9-4 season all day long at this point.

Butch actually played our rivals fairly well - we we're always at least competitive against UF, and probably should have won about 2 more in addition to his win in 2016, and we ALWAYS played UGA tight to the point Butch had their number until Kirby arrived, and he performed well against South Carolina for the most part - Missouri was always causing Butch problems but he won a couple of those as well - and he actually played Bama as close as anyone since Lane Kiffin lost in 2009 - our 19-14 was as close as we've come since Lane to beating the Turds.

But then you have 2017 where the wheels totally fell off and all the band aids and shortcuts he had taken showed up and bye Butch...

Two years later though, we are glowing in the dark after the Chernobyl loss against Georgia State and subsequent poo poo.

I think one TD and 3 field goals is it for today. He'll be having to hit them from 50+ though. Hope we come out on fire and Georgia comes out really flat.

The QB won't be winning OR losing this game alone. We have to be firing on all cylinders to even keep this respectable.

Reactions: joevol33
If we get them off the field and don't allow 9/10 on 3rd and 4th and short we get more possessions and score way more points.

Funny how that works.
Haha, man we weren't scoring many points at all with the offense. I mean from the get go of games it's been 3 and out, jg throwing to the wrong team, etc. That's not on the defense, that's on him. Like I said, if he's as good as you claim, then why is nobody talking about him being drafted?

I don't care anymore. I'm tired of watching that loser throw screen passes into the dirt. To hell with your stats.
So you want to see someone throw shorter passes even more inaccurately with more turnovers as long as it isn't the guy you hate?
Gotcha.

Can the JG balltuggers just stop already. You've seen him suck for the better part of three years. He is a pouty little child and does nothing to help our team by playing. He had his chances and blew every single one of them. Y'all do recall the only TD he's thrown this year vs an actual program was a lucky deflection right?

Ok and if BM shows he isn't the future? So far he has shown to be even worse than JG. You don't play a worse player for the sake of it.

If BM plays well the great. If he plays like so far you play JG. Pretty simple. Pruitt seems to get it but the dummies here can't seem to comprehend.

Maurer has not played enough to determine that. Contrary to what some others have said Maurer did play better than jg against fla. with much less series played we did score with Maurer, we scored 0 with jg. So how do you get jg did better, we didn't score with jg and we did with Maurer.

Haha, man we weren't scoring many points at all with the offense. I mean from the get go of games it's been 3 and out, jg throwing to the wrong team, etc. That's not on the defense, that's on him. Like I said, if he's as good as you claim, then why is nobody talking about him being drafted?
Our defensive ranking is actually respectable - and even moreso when you factor in how TERRIBLE our offense has been.

Our offense has been the problem all year besides the first game against Ga State where everyone looked awful.

If Maurer does well, JG won't play. Or Mauer doesn't do well, JG will play. It's a simple as that.
Agree. Also, Maurer is gonna struggle big-time, so Guarantano is gonna play. Wish it wasn’t so, but it is.

Maurer has not played enough to determine that. Contrary to what some others have said Maurer did play better than jg against fla. with much less series played we did score with Maurer, we scored 0 with jg. So how do you get jg did better, we didn't score with jg and we did with Maurer.
Sure he has. Small sample size, but he’s been awful outside of 1-2 throws and 1 run. He could easily have 3-4 interceptions rather than 1 after 13 throws.

If BM plays well the great. If he plays like so far you play JG. Pretty simple. Pruitt seems to get it but the dummies here can't seem to comprehend.

You've got a lot of nerve calling others dummies.

What's simple is everyone knows we're not winning games with JG at QB and if we can't win any with BM then its as fair for them to want to lose with him as it is for you to want to lose with JG. You're obsession is not even entertaining anymore.

giphy (2).gif

What's simple is everyone knows we're not winning games with JG at QB and if we can't win any with BM then its as fair for them to want to lose with him as it is for you to want to lose with JG. You're obsession is not even entertaining anymore.

Reactions: cgrish
Sure he has. Small sample size, but he’s been awful outside of 1-2 throws and 1 run. He could easily have 3-4 interceptions rather than 1 after 13 throws.

Sure he has not, a very small sample size yes, still not enough to tell. We know what we have with jg, 2 td in two years versus Ga thats all you need to know jg can't and Maurer may not can either but let him try the whole game, we not gonna win anyways so give him the whole game and get expierence. I really believe we will beat jg's average in scoring the last two years. So let him try, and if we score less than 7 with Maurer then jg is the man, but if we score more than 7 with Maurer then Maurer is the man. Because both of them will throw int. against Ga. This is the only way to get a true comparison let Maurer play the whole game and see what he can do.

That is maybe the dumbest of many dumb posts. He did not play better vs FL. Numbers don't lie. We also had a td dropped for an int. Just stop with the bs.

Yea becasue the wins and losses are all the qb's fault.

I guess we shouldn't even start Maurer in that case. he was 2-8 in high school, If you can't win in high school you can't in the SEC.

Yea becasue the wins and losses are all the qb's fault.

I guess we shouldn't even start Maurer in that case. he was 2-8 in high school, If you can't win in high school you can't in the SEC.

We have to have a QB. I didn't blame the QB, either one. I said if we are gonna lose with either at the QB position, its just as fair for me to want to.lose with BM as it is for you to want to lose with JG.

We have to have a QB. I didn't blame the QB, either one. I said if we are gonna lose with either at the QB position, its just as fair for me to want to.lose with BM as it is for you to want to lose with JG.
I don't want to lose. that is the point. I want us to play the best player, win or lose, who give us the best chance to win.

BM has not shown any ability to competently pass the ball or lead us to a win. JG has.

If BM plays well he should play. If he continues to be unable to pass then bring JG back.

VN Store

Back