Guarantano to play

Remember he didn't want UGA to have a scouting report. Maybe this is his way of countering Chris Low reporting BM will start.

Also, what if JG and BM are in on some plays together? Might be a tough wrinkle for UGA.
Not sure about why or how you would incorporate the two but JG will still find a way to throw an INT or Fumble, even if he doesn't touch the ball.

What an idiot.

First, he telegraphs that the backups will play, so that Georgia prepares for them. Then, he ruins our quarterbacks confidence by stating before the game that he most likely won't finish.

For someone with such a big rock head, he doesn't seem to have much brains in there.

Hope you're right.

I would also hope every offensive coach would be in Pruitt’s ear/headset if he thinks of pulling Maurer for JG if we have had series where we gain multiple first downs or even score points.

Only reason to use the “sixth man” argument is to give energy and juice. Won’t need that if Maurer and company produce

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr
Maybe Pruitt expects us to be up big by the end of the 3rd so he knows JG will play then so our starting QB doesn't risk injury for next week's game.

You don't just come out and name a new starting QB and then take his confidence away by saying oh yea you're only going to play a few drives and then we're going back to JG.

What a maroon.

I would also hope every offensive coach would be in Pruitt’s war it thinks of pulling Maurer for JG if we have had series where we gain multiple first downs or even score points.

Only reason to use the “sixth man” argument is to give energy and juice. Won’t need that if Maurer and company produce

I don't understand what that means, but Imma go ahead and agree.

If Maurer does well, JG won't play. Or Mauer doesn't do well, JG will play. It's a simple as that.

All it takes is 1 mistake from BM and he's yanked.

Then JG is allowed an entire half of mistakes before being benched. If somehow this does occur today, further proof shown that Pruitt is in over his head.

So basically if Maurer makes a couple of mistakes, he’s going to be pulled and be replaced with someone who’s also done terrible so far this season?

Pruitt is looking for any reason to play Guarantano.

What an idiot.

So basically if Maurer makes a couple of mistakes, he’s going to be pulled and be replaced with someone who’s also done terrible so far this season?

Pruitt is looking for any reason to play Guarantano.

What an idiot.

How many whining comments are you going to make here? You need a hobby or a dog or a friend. This isn’t healthy to be doom and gloom 24/7. It’s just a game.

Reactions: Behr
Maybe Pruitt expects us to be up big by the end of the 3rd so he knows JG will play then so our starting QB doesn't risk injury for next week's game.

You don't just come out and name a new starting QB and then take his confidence away by saying oh yea you're only going to play a few drives and then we're going back to JG.

What a maroon.
Counterproductive AF

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Probably because Chaney only had time to develop so many packages for Maurer. If he runs out of plays for him or he is doing badly, then Pruitt can swap JG in as "always the plan" without destroying Maurer's confidence vs if he didnt say it as soon as he was pulled everyone here would be screaming bloody murder. Overall, Pruitt puts less pressure on BM this way and preserves his options. Also tells GA not to lock into anything they are seeing - not that GA will need any help.
Because of Maurer’s athleticism, I would think he could actually open the playbook. It’s not like they ran anything exotic with JG. I guess we will find out.

VN Store

Back