Guarantano playing right now at UA game

Crap, post didn't make since. I've been putting "Dormady" so long it autocorrected "Dormandy" to "Dormady". Can't win for losing.

Figured that's what happened...but you're a wily one, so's I played it straight. :wink2:

I heard Brent Hubbs say earlier in the week that the O line was having trouble protecting him in practice which was forcing him out of the pocket. Throwing on the run is not his specialty.

Last edited:
The biggest news from this game is that Bama has 43 UAAAs on its roster Clemson has 9. Soonernation had 4 and Sparty had 2. How do you have half your scholarship players be UA all americans?

Maybe it's sour grapes but I've always felt like there has to be something going on in bama. It just make such little sense how Saban can just go get any player in the world he wants. Spurrier alluded to it al well. There are a lot of great coaches that are great recruiters. But Saban is head and shoulders above them all. Kinda reminds you of how dominant billichek is. And we know he likes to cheat. I honestly believe one day Saban will be exposed

Maybe it's sour grapes but I've always felt like there has to be something going on in bama. It just make such little sense how Saban can just go get any player in the world he wants. Spurrier alluded to it al well. There are a lot of great coaches that are great recruiters. But Saban is head and shoulders above them all. Kinda reminds you of how dominant billichek is. And we know he likes to cheat. I honestly believe one day Saban will be exposed

I know VN won't like to hear this but Saban is a top 5 coach of all time, and I would love to hear an argument against that if there is one. He was good at LSU too. Bammer lucked out when they hired him. I hate bans but I have slog of respect for Saban because he's just the best of the best. Multiple insiders have described him as always working harder and bring more prepared than any other coach- and it shows. I think Tennessee is finally in a position to compete with bammer but there's no dirt on Saban, and thinking there is is a pipe dream

I believe in his early years it was outstanding recruiting and he won a couple of championships. But when you're consistently starting and ending in the top 4 every year while putting top players in the Draft then you don't have to beg, they will come to him. I always wondered why so many running backs chose Alabama but when they dominate with their two back system putting up Heisman discussion numbers and a guaranteed draft pick...who wouldn't want to go there? Plus, even if you get buried in their roster, there's a chance you'll be on a NC winning team.

there is always, always something going on at Alabama, and Auburn. always has been, always will be. sadly its thay way at 95% of Universities, especially those two. You cannot perform at that level for however many years and....well. lets just say they are overdue for an ass whuppin!

Reactions: 1 person
there is always, always something going on at Alabama, and Auburn. always has been, always will be. sadly its thay way at 95% of Universities, especially those two. You cannot perform at that level for however many years and....well. lets just say they are overdue for an ass whuppin!

What proof do you have of that? Just ramblings and your own personal opinion?

What proof do you have of that? Just ramblings and your own personal opinion?

There were the circumstances with Jovon Robinson's recruitment, so some of the suspicion is justified...and I won't rehash the whole Cam Newton matter which has been sufficiently discussed.

I lived in Bama from 07-13. My wife's whole family is from there. It is common knowledge that the Bama and Barn boosters just straight up pay players in cash and goods. NOBODY cares. They absolutely do not care. They laugh about it. I have no respect for them. Saban is a good coach. There are a ton of good coaches. He has complete support from everyone, including the media. Alabama doesn't do anything brilliant. It is just basic football. Their players are well coached, and they are usually just bigger, faster and deeper than everybody they play. When they happen on a team like OSU last year that is just as well coached and talented as they are, they lose games too.

Last edited:

Not this year. Look at the rankings.

I know VN won't like to hear this but Saban is a top 5 coach of all time, and I would love to hear an argument against that if there is one. He was good at LSU too. Bammer lucked out when they hired him. I hate bans but I have slog of respect for Saban because he's just the best of the best. Multiple insiders have described him as always working harder and bring more prepared than any other coach- and it shows. I think Tennessee is finally in a position to compete with bammer but there's no dirt on Saban, and thinking there is is a pipe dream

I wouldn't go so far as to say that there is no dirt on him (college athletics are dirty enough that I think almost everyone gets at least a little dirty), but I agree that he is one of the greatest of all time. And he and Urban Meyer (hard for me to say because I can't stand him) are in a class by themselves in this generation of coaches. The success those two have had is just phenomenal, and no one else comes close. The only real question mark with Meyer IMO is whether or not he can sustain the success he's having at OSU. Saban has proven at Bama that he can keep it going at a high level year after year.

I lived in Bama from 07-13. My wife's whole family is from there. It is common knowledge that the Bama and Barn boosters just straight up pay players in cash and goods. NOBODY cares. They absolutely do not care. They laugh about it. I have no respect for them. Saban is a good coach. There are a ton of good coaches. He has complete support from everyone, including the media. Alabama doesn't do anything brilliant. It is just basic football. Their players are well coached, and they are usually just bigger, faster and deeper than everybody they play. When they happen on a team like OSU last year that is just as well coached and talented as they are, they lose games too.

I agree with you on Bama playing equal teams. I've never thought that Saban was that great at in game coaching. Great recruiting and surrounding your self with descent coaches makes you look better than what you are. But I never could understand why other schools are so fast to jump on and hire his assistant coaches. What coaches couldn't look good, when the roster is stacked with the top talent every year. I think that GA will regret the Kirby Smart hire in a couple of seasons.

VN Store

Back