Guarantano is playing the Titans..

Im not saying that JG is in class with Manning. I am saying Manning is loved by all. I Will say that we dont often win when Manning shows up in any sport. But yes Peyton sh1t the bed everytime he faced Florida and were some of the worst games he played as a VOL. I actually happen to think Manning should have won the Heisman. Memphis.....
You are wrong on 95% of this post

I just don't understand the saltiness people have for JG, the kid gave his all why he was at TN, he had terrible circumstances that directly affected his development. I hope people don't excommunicate Hooker if he has a crap year!
I think JG got blamed some for Pruitt continually putting him out there. Any competitor is going to say they want the ball. Does anyone realistically think JG would tell Pruitt “play a different qb”?

JG wasn’t a good a good qb and any competent head coach should have been getting someone else ready. JG doesn’t get an opportunity to make critical mistakes if Pruitt wouldn’t keep playing him.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Yeah I don't think we will ever find out why Pruitt kept playing him and saying he gave us the best chance to win when we kept losing. Pruitt just kept digging his own grave. Agree, JG just did as Pruitt said. Pruitt totally lost the team and his job that season with his stubbornness.

Regardless of all the JG hate and what he did at Tennessee… he is still getting preseason snaps at the next level which is what all QBs are looking for. He gave his all here and wasn’t in the best situation. Did I love him… no but he did the best with what we gave him. No reason to hate on JG. Remember, the backup QB will usually find a lot of love with fans and right now we are learning our backup QBs were maybe not all that and a bag of chips now to a few coaching staffs.

A lack of coaching isn't 100% on the coaches. A player has to take coaching and follow what he's told.

For instance, not going rogue on a goalline call and trying a QB sneak instead of the off tackle play that was called and the other 10 players all executed.

A lack of coaching isn't 100% on the coaches. A player has to take coaching and follow what he's told.

For instance, not going rogue on a goalline call and trying a QB sneak instead of the off tackle play that was called and the other 10 players all executed.

Understandable. But he had no QB coach at all with Butch and let’s face it, Weinke was a terrible coach with Pruitt.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
You all hating on a Man thats been gone trying to make the best of what career he has left and chase NFL dreams is sad af. You call yourself Volunteers but dont have enough sack to man tf up and let it go. He had a sh1t situation here and yeah he made mistakes. But you all talking sh1t are pathetic.
Bunch of beer gut hillbillies that sucked on their high school team but act like they woulda been running through the T if their high school coach could have seen how good they were.

I think JG got blamed some for Pruitt continually putting him out there. Any competitor is going to say they want the ball. Does anyone realistically think JG would tell Pruitt “play a different qb”?

JG wasn’t a good a good qb and any competent head coach should have been getting someone else ready. JG doesn’t get an opportunity to make critical mistakes if Pruitt wouldn’t keep playing him.

Can you imagine what the detractors would have said if he refused to go in? He was dealt a horrible hand with a horrible leader and not so surprisingly failed while having to deal with a lot of non ORANGE jerseys in his face. He had an inside view of the Pruitt regime and maintained his class and character. I celebrated his showy commitment, suffered with him through his disappointing on field tribulations and will wish him well going forward. I guess I really hope he is successful enough to validate the ineptitude of all the coaches he had to endure with us. He may have already done that getting this deep in a pro football camp. Would be surprised if he survives the shell shock from his experience here, but getting this far combined with the breakdown of our other recent QB's somebody put out here, but Pruitt may have actually been right on that best chance statement. One for 94 is not all that impressive.

I for one gave JG a lot of crap when he was here at Tennessee. But then I realized who his head coaches were and his QB coaches. Yes, he made more than his fair share of poor decisions and boneheaded plays, but he really didn’t have good coaches either. Good luck to him.

I think most have always wished him the best, especially when here because that means he gave us a chance to win each week. History says that didn't happen. Sometimes a change in venue will help, and that didn't happen at Washington State. Not sure how he got a look at the Cardinals, but he did. But someone like him will have to tear it up in pre-season to take whatever the next step is. On that we'll see. Can't say I've always rooted for JG - I did on gameday, because he was trotted out there.....but the realist in me never bought it. I don't think his issues are physical in nature - good arm, can run....but it's always been between the ears. Manning was never going to outrun you, probably didn't have the strongest of arms comparatively speaking - but that mind for football was next level. He made a living at it.....hall of fame, 2 super bowls, etc. His brother isn't far off either. If that doesn't tell you the mind is a factor in this game, I don't know what will.

Right now I'd venture to say it's what's holding Milton back. It certainly isn't physical, dude has a cannon.

VN Store

Back