Grocery Shopping During A Pandemic

I was doing curbside before and continued during. I always forget a couple things and have to run in but it saves so much time.

During the original peak of panic I did have to start placing the order on Tuesdays for a Saturday pickup and would add to the order throughout the week. But things have since settled down and can pick up on same day again.

I have not worried about wiping anything down when unpacking. Just wash my hands when finished.

Reactions: Go aeiou
never did anything but shop in person -- I wonder though do any of you that do pick or delivery, tip the person ?

Reactions: Vjcvette
never did anything but shop in person -- I wonder though do any of you that do pick or delivery, tip the person ?
My boss does pick up. Has done it for awhile she's tried to get me to start doing it. She says she usually gives whoever brings it out a few dollars.

Reactions: MAD
Amazon for some things like cleaning supplies

Go inside Kroger for groceries

Go inside Sams/Walmart As little as possible

I have half a cow in my deep freeze that will last me a year.

I go to a local fish market to get fresh fish.

Hey Mad... not sure if you have medical reasons not to go out but if you do.. hit me up and I would be happy to help you out since you're not far away. We have Publix, Winn-Dixie and Wally World all right by over by Bay Pines VA.
Hey I appreciate it. I know exactly where you are. I just don’t want to go in the stores during the pandemic. In the past I always enjoyed grocery shopping but I have actually really enjoyed order online, I’ve become really efficient and been happy with the experience. Again, thanks so much for the offer.

Hey I appreciate it. I know exactly where you are. I just don’t want to go in the stores during the pandemic. In the past I always enjoyed grocery shopping but I have actually really enjoyed order online, I’ve become really efficient and been happy with the experience. Again, thanks so much for the offer.
No problem. I emailed tampabay.rr info if you need something just hit me up...and when this stuff clears up we'll grab a bite.

I wear a mask at the grocery store just like I do at work, and I wipe down the cart handle and then use hand sanitizer when I leave,
and then I also wipe down my groceries.

I wear a mask at the grocery store just like I do at work, and I wipe down the cart handle and then use hand sanitizer when I leave,
and then I also wipe down my groceries.

People forget to sanitize their car keys, credit card, and phones(if you pulled it out inside a store) after leaving a store. Also don't forget to sanitize the disinfecting wipes bottle every now and then. Lol

To the OP: I go into the store when I need to and always wear a mask no matter the duration. I keep my distance as much as humanly possible, store isles make it difficult if not impossible to distance 6 feet or more at times. I'll admit to sometimes holding my breath when I pass someone. My mom and I went to Publix today I only saw one man not wearing a mask and I'll be judgmental and say the man probably should have had a mask on as he was an older(60's), obese, white man.

Last edited:
People forget to sanitize their car keys, credit card, and phones(if you pulled it out inside a store) after leaving a store. Also don't forget to sanitize the disinfecting wipes bottle every now and then. Lol

To the OP: I go into the store when I need to and always wear a mask no matter the duration. I keep my distance as much as humanly possible, store isles make it difficult if not impossible to distance 6 feet or more at times. I'll admit to sometimes holding my breath when I pass someone. My mom and I went to Publix today I only saw one man not wearing a mask and I'll be judgmental and say the man probably should have had a mask on as he was an older(60's), obese, white man.
The man would not be helped by wearing a mask. Others around him would help him by wearing theirs.

The man would not be helped by wearing a mask. Others around him would help him by wearing theirs.
On the other end of the spectrum......
This is a real picture my wife took yesterday morning at Kroger. This lady was dressed like this when she got out of the car and was doing curbside pickup; not actually going into the store! 89FD796A-E201-403D-A7DF-B12ADC85BF3F.jpeg

This is a real picture my wife took yesterday morning at Kroger. This lady was dressed like this when she got out of the car and was doing curbside pickup; not actually going into the store! View attachment 295341
I'm honestly not sure what bothers me most about that picture.

This is a real picture my wife took yesterday morning at Kroger. This lady was dressed like this when she got out of the car and was doing curbside pickup; not actually going into the store! View attachment 295341

I want to laugh but who knows what that lady’s story is. She may have an autoimmune deficiency or something.

I want to laugh but who knows what that lady’s story is. She may have an autoimmune deficiency or something.

Exactly, or she has a heart transplant or other organ transplant. The rejection drugs are pretty brutal. You certainly don't want to get near a baby or anyone who has a sniffle. There are other conditions which might make such dress advisable. Medical science. We are not living in the 1950 any more. Some of us.
OTOH, I get pick up from Kroger. Like her I open the hatch, but get back in my car. They never get within 6 feet, and wear masks. They also do not touch the car. Her car looks like one that can be opened by pressing a button. She might want to inspect some items, particularly substitutions if she allows them.

Reactions: GordonC
Kroger to go. Coincidentally, the wife started doing this around December/January due to a new baby. So we just continued to do it on through the pandemic. Although their mistakes and the popularity has certainly risen.

Exactly, or she has a heart transplant or other organ transplant. The rejection drugs are pretty brutal. You certainly don't want to get near a baby or anyone who has a sniffle. There are other conditions which might make such dress advisable. Medical science. We are not living in the 1950 any more. Some of us.
OTOH, I get pick up from Kroger. Like her I open the hatch, but get back in my car. They never get within 6 feet, and wear masks. They also do not touch the car. Her car looks like one that can be opened by pressing a button. She might want to inspect some items, particularly substitutions if she allows them.
Probably she wants to check her order is correct.
I picked up from Walmart the other day and they added 3 bags of stuff that wasn’t mine.

Reactions: Vjcvette
I have never done pickup or delivery. My daughters have used the curbside pickup since that option became available, and I have an aunt who uses the delivery if someone cannot go and pick her items up. I use the Sam's membership to have TP, PT, and bulky essentials delivered, but I always go in to buy food there and at the grocery store. Around here (Tri Cities) now, pretty much everyone at the stores I frequent is wearing a mask.

Reactions: BenGrimm
We have hired an immunized nun to shop for us. She receives a list via carrier pigeon. After shopping, she has our material shipped via medical courier to a storage facility we have outfitted with UV lighting and Ozone generators. After 48 hours of treatment, a man in a radiation suit re-loads it into a van that irradiates everything as it is placed through a porthole in our garage door. From here, we take possession of it and spray it with a mist generator of lysol and bleach in succession. From there, you just have to be willing to take a risk.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
We do 95% Instacart. We paid for the annual membership, so no delivery fees for each order

We have hired an immunized nun to shop for us. She receives a list via carrier pigeon. After shopping, she has our material shipped via medical courier to a storage facility we have outfitted with UV lighting and Ozone generators. After 48 hours of treatment, a man in a radiation suit re-loads it into a van that irradiates everything as it is placed through a porthole in our garage door. From here, we take possession of it and spray it with a mist generator of lysol and bleach in succession. From there, you just have to be willing to take a risk.

Sounds like you're likely a goner!

Kroger to go. Coincidentally, the wife started doing this around December/January due to a new baby. So we just continued to do it on through the pandemic. Although their mistakes and the popularity has certainly risen.

We go to Providence in Mt. Juliet. The quality of people that pick from the shelves has gone down. A few of the things that are listed as out of stock most likely are not. Sardines? I suspect it's poorly trained or untrained young people. Everyone else seems very young.

I approve of this message. You might consider adding some essential oils (Thieves?) to your regimen, and definitely protect any young children with amber necklaces.

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
I approve of this message. You might consider adding some essential oils (Thieves?) to your regimen, and definitely protect any young children with amber necklaces.

Amber necklace... Ha!

My wife got one of those for our first child during teething. She relented to my skepticism by the time 2nd child rolled around.

This is actually incorrect. While wearing an n95 mask is the greatest protection for the wearer, a cloth mask is better than not being protected at all. The cloth masks provide a barrier to respiratory drops that could come in contact with the wearer.

Myth: Cloth masks don't protect you.

Fact: Cloth face masks are effective. They create a barrier between your mouth and nose and those around you. This makes it more difficult for the droplets that spread coronavirus through coughs, sneezes and talking to reach other people.

Cloth masks mainly keep you from unknowingly spreading the disease to others, but some studies indicate that they may help protect you from large droplets and serve as an indirect reminder to avoid touching your face.

This is why wearing a cloth mask inside all retail stores and public transportation has been mandatory in Maryland since April 2020. And as more services such as getting a haircut or eating in a restaurant are being allowed, it is as important as ever to continue wearing a mask. We're all in this together.

Wearing a Mask: Myths and Facts

Last edited:

VN Store

Back