Great Trade by the Titans

ClearwaterVol

Rams get 1st, 4th and 6th this year

Titans get 1st (15th overall), 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd this year. AND 1st and 3rd next year.

Great move

If the Rams get their franchise qb with this pick, it will look a lot different.

The Rams aren't missing that many pieces, so it's not as bad as it seems just by the numbers IMO

Reactions: 1 person
If the Rams get their franchise qb with this pick, it will look a lot different.

The Rams aren't missing that many pieces, so it's not as bad as it seems just by the numbers IMO

Who out there is really that good?

Titans racked up imo. They get to pick six times out of the top 76 players in this years draft. Plus if the Rams struggle this year with the move and qb play then Titans have another good draft next year with two first rounders and two third. And if the Titans suck again (which they probably will) they have a potential to have two top ten picks next year. This was a great deal for the Titans as they needed multiple areas not just a few

Who out there is really that good?

I don't know, but a lot didn't think much would come from Romo, Rogers, Brees, Wilson, Brady, etc. Maybe Fisher sees something in this Wentz kid and didn't want to miss out on him.

Very risky trade for the Rams. Pretty sure it's for a QB and it's Wentz. If he doesn't pan out, it will damage their franchise considerably, ala RGIII/Redskins.

That's the thing. It won't damage their franchise. They've been getting multiple picks for years. They were the beneficiaries of the Redskins debacle. They are filled with young talent almost all over the field.

That's the thing. It won't damage their franchise. They've been getting multiple picks for years. They were the beneficiaries of the Redskins debacle. They are filled with young talent almost all over the field.

Doesn't matter what they already have in the fold, draft picks are worth their weight in gold these days, and giving them up, especially the high picks like this, is a risky proposition. However, if Wentz is the guy and pans out, no one will bat an eye at this trade down the line.

We'll see what happens with this trade. If you look across the sports landscape there are a lot of the same teams year after year with high draft picks. Teams like the Titans, Bucs, 76er's in basketball never seem to get measurably better.

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't matter what they already have in the fold, draft picks are worth their weight in gold these days, and giving them up, especially the high picks like this, is a risky proposition. However, if Wentz is the guy and pans out, no one will bat an eye at this trade down the line.

Only true if your team is,void,of talent. Rams, not in that boat

I wouldn't risk it on either of these qbs in the 1st spot. I think I would wait and take Dak Prescott in the 3rd. I don't see any of the top three qbs as being a sure thing.

Draft picks are only worth their weight in gold if the team is worth a sh&t in evaluating talent. Often-times, they aren't.

I wouldn't risk it on either of these qbs in the 1st spot. I think I would wait and take Dak Prescott in the 3rd. I don't see any of the top three qbs as being a sure thing.

Agree. I wouldn't waste a #1 pick on either of these 2 QB's. Too many GM's & execs get caught up with drafting a QB and wind up wasting the top pick. For every Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck there are 10 flops.

I wouldn't risk a 1st round pick on Wentz or Goff either. Personally I'd draft Lynch in the 2 round, and let him sit and learn for a couple years. IMO, he has a very high ceiling. He's currently just not as well put together/solid as the two QBs I previously mentioned. He lacks a little bit of the intangibles that they both seem to possess. Those things can easily be earned through hard work however.

Good coaching and being placed in the right system will do wonders for any young QB. Those two things alone could make or break them. I can see Lynch becoming the steal of this draft if everything lines up for him. NE, KC, AZ, and NO would be great landing spots for Lynch. Just anywhere with a veteran QB that will likely retire within the next 3-5 years. He doesn't need to be rushed into playing.

IDT its in his best self interest to be a day 1 starter. Idk if giving Lynch a significant amount of playing time his rookie season is a good idea/plan or not. If that does happen though, I'd love to see the Broncos draft him at #31. He would be surrounded by great management, plus have a top notch D to lean on.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back