Great season, but Vols not getting to Omaha…

57-9 - SEC Regular Season Champs , SEC Championship. Got Beat in the Supers.... I really don't get this post.... Many still say that this team is the Best College Team to ever see the Field... I Tend to agree with them.... We Got beat , Yes TV, The Staff and The Players all wanted to win the National Title... this team was special and will be my one of if not my favorite's of all time. This team doesn't deserve some of the comments of a Choke job or Someone trying to find flaws.... they Got beat. It was a team effort all year long. We came up short but can't anyone say that this Team wasn't the Best in College Baseball... Just look at the total overall winning percentage... Everyone has an opinion and i won't argue about it but it's pretty simple when you know how the game of Baseball works. Everyone knows that the Best team in College Baseball didn't make it to Omaha because they got beat 2 of 3 games...Congrats to Ol Miss on a Championship. Go Vols!!!
I’m still giving you the like but cannot condone congratulating Ole Miss. I’m recommending a 24 hour Twitter-style ban for that!

Reactions: VolPack22
Those Rebel fans are doing a mea culpa today.

While it would be beyond embarrassing, unfortunately, I think there would be a portion of our fanbase that would react a similar way. Every fanbase has them. There were MSU fans calling for Lemonis during their season. Similarly, there were Kentucky and South Carolina fans also calling to fire their respective head coaches. A segment of our fanbase (particularly those use to football) will always have a knee jerk reaction in the worst way.
Probably so but when your team (in this case Ole Miss) was ranked #1 early in the season and got swept by an emerging super dominant team in the Vols…the disdain got loud and vocal. I’m afraid you are correct though…we’d definitely have a sect of fans doing the same thing.

Acuna is a great player, but no way does he equal the play of Pederson, Rosario, Duvall and Soler...
A few years ago I was sitting in Braves stands watching them play the Cards. A fly ball was hit to right field AND CLEARLY it was going to be off the wall. IF played properly a strong throw would hold the hitter to a double and possibly have a shot at throwing him out. Acuna literally jogging to the wall, misplayed it, and the runner went to third. The center fielder had to make the play. The Braves fans around us were totally disgusted with his lazy play and were screaming at him. I think this was around the time Freddie Freeman had called his “lackadaisical” play out in public. He’s an outstanding talent but I’ve never forgotten that play.

Seems to be a hit and run piece by the OP.

And a not very good one at that.
YEP...It's officially been football countdown mode since the day after we lost. Record setting season...won SEC regular season, won SECT...these things happen in baseball (and basketball) more than football. We're just as likely to not win SEC next year and get to Omaha...program on solid footing. Something we've rarely been able to say about UT baseball.

Acuna is a great player, but no way does he equal the play of Pederson, Rosario, Duvall and Soler...
162 Game Average WAR

Pederson: 1.9
Rosario: 2.3
Duvall: 2.0
Soler: 1.0

Acuna: 6.1

So maybe not all 4, but definitely 3 out of 4.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A few years ago I was sitting in Braves stands watching them play the Cards. A fly ball was hit to right field AND CLEARLY it was going to be off the wall. IF played properly a strong throw would hold the hitter to a double and possibly have a shot at throwing him out. Acuna literally jogging to the wall, misplayed it, and the runner went to third. The center fielder had to make the play. The Braves fans around us were totally disgusted with his lazy play and were screaming at him. I think this was around the time Freddie Freeman had called his “lackadaisical” play out in public. He’s an outstanding talent but I’ve never forgotten that play.
Andruw Jones did the same stuff.

Probably so but when your team (in this case Ole Miss) was ranked #1 early in the season and got swept by an emerging super dominant team in the Vols…the disdain got loud and vocal. I’m afraid you are correct though…we’d definitely have a sect of fans doing the same thing.

Yes, the disdain absolutely got loud and vocal. Their downward spiral started after our sweep. I also think their disdain was compounded by Coach Bianco’s interview with LSU last offseason. And to be fair, after their early SEC tournament exit, I think many in the college baseball world thought that it was only a matter of time before Coach Bianco was let go. Their NCAA tournament turnaround is remarkable.

While I really wish our section of fans won’t do the same thing, our history and BVS (Battered Vol Syndrome) leaves me less than optimistic for a rational reaction.

Yes, the disdain absolutely got loud and vocal. Their downward spiral started after our sweep. I also think their disdain was compounded by Coach Bianco’s interview with LSU last offseason. And to be fair, after their early SEC tournament exit, I think many in the college baseball world thought that it was only a matter of time before Coach Bianco was let go. Their NCAA tournament turnaround is remarkable.

While I really wish our section of fans won’t do the same thing, our history and BVS (Battered Vol Syndrome) leaves me less than optimistic for a rational reaction.
Vol Nation? Collectively rational? LMFAO 🤣

Great regular season but just couldn’t peak and sustain it in the postseason. No shame in that as it has happened to other great regular season teams as well. Learn from it and move on.
Yep.

The 2001 Seattle Mariners are still tied with the 1906 Chicago Cubs for the most wins in MLB history, during the regular season (116).

They did not make it to the World Series. That's just how baseball is.

was a choke job of epic proportions. TN was 4-0 vs two teams in the finals.

Some of you may disagree, but I bet CTV and ball players privately agree with me. A great opportunity lost.

NO, you may be onto something....... this is the first time in the history of college baseball that the best team did not get to Omaha. Oh the shame of it all. I guess we should all sell all our ORANGE stuff and never, ever, invest another minute in supporting this program.

That is what you had in mind right?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They know they choked. Let’s not lessen the obvious. Regardless, I an super proud of the team and their other accomplishments. It doesn’t take away their record or SEC tournament hardware.
Absolutely NOT. It’s baseball and the best team doesn’t always win. Ask the last 22 #1 seeds. Geez.

NO, you may be onto something....... this is the first time in the history of college baseball that the best team did not get to Omaha. Oh the shame of it all. I guess we should all sell all our ORANGE stuff and never, ever, invest another minute in supporting this program.

That is what you had in mind right?
Burn 🔥 couches and jerseys! Fahr Vitello!

They know they choked. Let’s not lessen the obvious. Regardless, I an super proud of the team and their other accomplishments. It doesn’t take away their record or SEC tournament hardware.
You’re a left hand chicken choker aren’t you?

VN Store

Back