Great Reggie White Story

Reggie and Charles Morgan worked for my Dad for a couple of summers so I was fortunate to be good friends with both. Charles left after his Fr year so I didn't see him as much as I did Reggie. Reggie injured his ankle one year (maybe his SO year) and he was not happy with the way he felt he was treated - they pushed him to come back sooner than he was ready. He was a genuine guy and did several things to thank my Dad after he graduated UT.

Reactions: VAWL FAN
Walter Lewis tells the story of getting pile driven into the turf by Reggie once. Walter was dazed and his helmet had been racked sideways (back then a defensive player could actually hit the QB). Reggie then hoisted Walter up to his eye level and said "Walter, God loves you brother!" I absolutely love that story!

Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing. šŸ§”

Reactions: tennrich1
I shared this story a few years back but I'll go ahead and share it again because it's a funny story. I was in Gibbs back in the early 80's and a bunch of us were looking out the 2nd story window over the inner parking lot. All of a sudden, Coach Majors drove his Cadillac in and parked in his reserved parking spot. Unbeknownst to him, Reggie had seen him drive in and had quickly gotten down on his hands and knees and scurried behind Majors' car and posted himself just behind the driver's door. A minute or so later, Majors opened the door and stepped out of the car & right then Reggie started barking like a German Shepherd (& it was loud!!)! Majors let a few expletives fly as he jumped back in his car and slammed the door. Right then, Reggie stood up outside the driver's window and had a good laugh. Majors' said a few things I cannot repeat and then started laughing along with Reggie.

I wouldn't recommend any football player doing this to his coach unless he was an All-American many times running.

Love this!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

So, do we have any future DEs who could be the second coming of Jesus??

The day Reggie died, I had been treated for acute asthma at the same hospital, by the same doctor, in the same exam room he died in that night.

The day Reggie died, I had been treated for acute asthma at the same hospital, by the same doctor, in the same exam room he died in that night.
From what I remember he died in his sleep. His wife heard him make a noise and rolled over to check and he was gone. Sleep acme. His muscles in his neck was so big that it makes it hard to breath.

From what I remember he died in his sleep. His wife heard him make a noise and rolled over to check and he was gone. Sleep acme. His muscles in his neck was so big that it makes it hard to breath.

(From ESPN) "Found unresponsive by his wife... transported to Presbyterian Hospital, Huntersville, NC, where he was pronounced dead." Tragic loss to the entire Vols community. Prayers again for his family.

(From ESPN) "Found unresponsive by his wife... transported to Presbyterian Hospital, Huntersville, NC, where he was pronounced dead." Tragic loss to the entire Vols community. Prayers again for his family.
Yes it was. He was learning to read hebrew and just finished.

VN Store

Back