Great players pulling a Mike Gundy move ?

If you have small college football in your area you should check it out, especially if it is good. The top 25 teams in NAIA and Div II play really good football. I am lucky to live close to several of the best NAIA teams in the country.

I bet the powers that be in the NFL are hating this NIL stuff. It’s only a matter of time before the pay gets out of hand and in turn will cause NFL rookie salaries to grow even larger.
GBO!!

Please connect the dots between NFL rookie salaries being collectively bargained with NIL deals being negotiated arbitrarily depending on the school/athlete/sport.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I have no idea why you even bother responding to some of these mouth-breathers anymore. I mean if out of the gate they are "GET OFF OUR BOARD gator!", seems like they've already proven they're out of bullets and throwing the gun.

Meh…like I said earlier, I’ve moderated and posted in a forum with fans of multiple teams going on 20 years, so it’s no big deal to post on a rival site.

Some of the natives here might not like it, but that’s for them to deal with.

Give me a think tank with differing opinions over an echo chamber any day of the week.

Btw, I’ve cut and pasted that response in my Notepad app for quick retrieval in case anyone needs an answer to the burning question of why the Gaturd is posting on our board. 😂

The biggest issue with college ball (and sports in general) is you are cutting off the fans. Fans used to be emotionally invested and had pride in their teams. You can't as a fan anymore. You have to constantly remind yourself this is not your life, not your decision, and it has nothing to do with you. You have no say and never have. I just hit 50 and am seriously questioning why I spent all these years even watching at this point? What was the point? IDK? It used to be fun.

That's the world in general now tho. Nothings fun anymore. It's all just me, me, me... look a at me. What about me. pay attention to me. People are getting rich sitting on their ass as influencers. convincing others of things that are not true. That's their job. Everyone just wants to feel special, and will pay big money to feel that way, even if its fake. Take what you can get, because it has changed. Nobody knows how it will end, but one day California will drop in the ocean and humanity will have to deal wiih each other again. Maybe we'll learn how to have fun again.

That’ll be the day I go back to Annandale.

Reactions: OrangeSquid
I'm still completely baffled as to why John Fulkerson getting paid for Pals endorsements or Alonte getting cookie money would make me love the Vols any less. I actually love those businesses more for taking care of our guys and hope more do it.

College athletics will never be the same now that the NIL box has been opened.
Exactly. It will continue to make millions and millions for the schools and networks and draw almost as many viewers and clicks as the NFL.

Its not going to die. It will only get bigger and hopefully more competitive once all the kinks get worked out. This and the playoff expansion should even the playing field.

IYAM, it couldn’t come at a better time for Tennessee football. The tranfer portal, NIL, and all this extra money floating around is only helping recover from the last decade and a half.

The NIL money won't last forever and companies aren't making any money off of these deals. Not to mention, who knows how much of the money is actually guaranteed

Therein lies the rub.

Companies rarely do anything out of the goodness of their hearts when it comes to them writing a large check.

When the price someone charges for endorsing something exceeds the benefits, then usually no deal takes place.

Teams top players now copying coaches move to start rumors they are entering the portal & then all the sudden they are getting a new massive NIL deal & tweet how much they love their school ? Will this be the norm ? The Tank Bigsby Law

Smart on their part if it's going that way, gut wrenching for us fans but they should get all they can while they can I say. I'm not paying for it so why care lol
NIL will ruin the game. Although I’m against paying players, it would be better than this. Recruiting will be more centered on handlers brokering NIL deals. Already been a couple of schools caught for it. Schools like Bama will succeed because of a fan base that would sell its own children into slavery for wins. The more pieces you can put between your admin and the player the harder it will be to police.

You are exactly right. A friend of mine had classes with DS. He tells me one day he comes walking into class when it was almost over. The professor says to him “just who do you think you are.” DS lowers his sunglasses as says “Primetime.” He said it was the only time he saw DS the whole semester.

"Do as I say, Not as I Did." Maybe Dion has gotten smarter with time. We are all supposed to.

Well, I did tell you people he will find his way home.

Now, regarding this football is dying nonsense, nope. As long as people enjoy violence whether it be professional wrestling, roller derby, boxing, pit fights, dog and cock fighting, race car smash-ups, wars, or football, there will be fans clamoring for more. We're a species with incredible abilities, but we're also a nasty bunch. Among others, a mocking crowd gathered as we nailed our God to wood beams, humans gonna human no matter what.

That's my Man! Amen Brother....

It reminds me of Lou Holtz's response when asked about today's players vs players of yesteryear. "Today's players talk about rights and privileges while the players of the past talked about obligations and responsibilities." Such a wise man.
Can’t have the former without the latter, and vice versa.

I get tired of all the virtue signaling covering up terrible ideas. Fans are 3rd of 4th? See how long the sport lasts without them. I bet you're one of those people who didn't think defunding the police would lead to a rise in crime or that printing trillions of dollars in extra cash would lead to inflation. The sport is sick. Our society is sick. Coach Prime knows what I'm talking about.

What’s virtue signaling about the quoted post?

VN Store

Back