Great News!

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
As I was picking up my son from school, I was listening to Hyams.

He said that Fulmer said we have the facilities to compete in every sport except baseball. He also said Fulmer planned to visit the other SEC baseball facilities to get an idea of what LNS needs to give everything Vitello needs to compete.

This is the best news in a long time for Tennessee baseball. First step is admitting the issues and it sounds like Fulmer is ready to do it.

This is big!

GBO!!!

Reactions: 16 people
His statements to the press pool at the BOC stop in Memphis. Feeding the football cash cow(which they should) limits funding to other UTAD programs and on the other hand it helps sustain the other programs. We've wasted enough money on bad coaching hires and fires to build two baseball stadiums.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
His statements to the press pool at the BOC stop in Memphis. Feeding the football cash cow(which they should) limits funding to other UTAD programs and on the other hand it helps sustain the other programs. We've wasted enough money on bad coaching hires and fires to build two baseball stadiums.

Ain't that the truth! :loco:

As I was picking up my son from school, I was listening to Hyams.

He said that Fulmer said we have the facilities to compete in every sport except baseball. He also said Fulmer planned to visit the other SEC baseball facilities to get an idea of what LNS needs to give everything Vitello needs to compete.

This is the best news in a long time for Tennessee baseball. First step is admitting the issues and it sounds like Fulmer is ready to do it.

This is big!

GBO!!!

That is great news!

Phil should have added that we have the coaching to compete in every sport except women's basketball.

Reactions: 9 people
Phil should have added that we have the coaching to compete in every sport except women's basketball.

I understand the sentiment, but I'd warn LV's fans to be careful what you wish for. One only has to look at the misses in Football, Men's Basketball and Baseball...once the churning starts it can be a long road to the bottom before you find the right person.

I want a retractable roof, Speakeasy, Brewery, shark tank like they had in Happy Days, midget tossing - is that wrong? - Cheetah club, Hillbilly golf and hot tub time machines. Oh, and the Stones to be the house band.

Reactions: 3 people
I want a retractable roof, Speakeasy, Brewery, shark tank like they had in Happy Days, midget tossing - is that wrong? - Cheetah club, Hillbilly golf and hot tub time machines. Oh, and the Stones to be the house band.

Will Take!

And sell Beer.

Reactions: 1 person
I understand the sentiment, but I'd warn LV's fans to be careful what you wish for. One only has to look at the misses in Football, Men's Basketball and Baseball...once the churning starts it can be a long road to the bottom before you find the right person.

Good advice. I’d add that trying to replace Pat is an impossible expectation.

Good advice. I’d add that trying to replace Pat is an impossible expectation.

With that thinking, maybe they should drop basketball and add gymnastics. Are we suppose to be like Elvis fans trying to act like the impersonators are really him?

Pat set a standard for winning. She had rough years, but never made excuses. If you have interview footage of Pat ever saying, "I don't know...." in relation to her team, break it out.

It's hard to replace a legend. An excuse maker begs for it.

Back on topic, good to hear baseball might be getting the support it needs. Will believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

dang good start 67...and just for ****z and grins...SEC championship...:)

GBO!

I have been to almost every SEC stadium and several ACC and other parks. I would start with these on the Fulmer Tour:
A&M, Arky, S. Carolina, LSU, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, MSU and even GA. It isn’t bad for a smaller park. They have the best looking field for sure.

I have been to almost every SEC stadium and several ACC and other parks. I would start with these on the Fulmer Tour:
A&M, Arky, S. Carolina, LSU, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, MSU and even GA. It isn’t bad for a smaller park. They have the best looking field for sure.

He needs to go online or to Oklahoma State Univ. and look at their new ballpark they just broke ground on! Univ of Arkansas, and Miss State new updated park

How does UT's baseball stadium put them at a disadvantage? Is it the condition, location, seating?

He needs to go online or to Oklahoma State Univ. and look at their new ballpark they just broke ground on! Univ of Arkansas, and Miss State new updated park

OSU's new faculity project will probably come in around $75 M..... and Allie P is a nice park already.

I also heard Univ of Missouri went and toured Baum Stadium at the Univ of Arkansas to get an idea of improvements that they can make at Mizzou i think they just need a new stadium,,and Tennessee,,, if we would add a new press box facility and incorporate about 8 -10 suites across the top and add a roof to cover over the setting,, it would help, in my opinion in recruiting and looking like a larger ballpark,,,an Indoor facility with a full infield and cages wouldn't hurt either.

VN Store

Back