Great Moments in UT history against Auburn

volmanjr

Just Living the Good Life!
1939- Johnny Butler leads Vols to 23rd straight victory and 15th straight shutout -UT 7 Aub-0

1985- No. 1 Ranked Auburn falls to the Vols 38-20 (Bo Jackson held to 80 yrds-look out Cadilac)

1989- no.12 ranked Tennessee's O-line rips the nation's #1 ranked Defense for 349 yrds (Cobb -225yrds)- UT 21 Aub 14

1997- UT comes from behind to win the 1997 SEC Championship 30-29 - Fulmer quote before the game "We're going to shoot all our bullets and see what happens." It was an ugly game-6 turnovers(2 by Fair in less than 2 minutes) , lots of dropped passes, blocked extra point returned for 2 points ( how often does that happen?), but the Vols hung in and with less than 12 minutes to go Nash ( who dropped alot of those passes and had a couple of fumbles too) breaks some tackles and goes 73 yrds for the game winner! Manning named MVP taking the SEC career records for completions, passing yardage and total offense with him!

Lets hope our boys make a little history tomorrow!

1998 - Shawn Ellis recovers a funble and takes it the length of the field for a score. He ran so friggin slow, but was surrounded by 5 defenders the whole way. I love it when a D-lineman scores.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Oct 2, 2004 11:34 AM
1998 - Shawn Ellis recovers a funble and takes it the length of the field for a score. He ran so friggin slow, but was surrounded by 5 defenders the whole way. I love it when a D-lineman scores.

That was a strange game - we scored 17 points in the first few minutes and then went scoreless the rest of the way.

Same game - Tee Martin fumbled on his own one yard line . . . and then we stuffed Auburn 4 times from inside the 1. I was sitting on the front row in the back of the end zone and thought I had horrible seats until that moment.

2004 Auburns goes to 8th ranked TN in their house and dominates all aspects of the game in a serious route AU 34 TN 3 REFS 7

VN Store

Back