Great game Lady Vols!

Are we going to be ranked tomorrow?
Doubtful tomorrow. I believe the votes are already in for this week. Without a letdown on Thursday, I would expect that we will break the top 25 next week. I wouldn't expect the Lady Vols to be higher than 23, at the most, and probably only 25. But, taking the game in a convincing fashion, albeit against a depleted Notre Dame, has got to impress enough of the voters to warrant a bump, in my opinion.

Jim

Great win on the road two road wins. What I loved the most was Kelli right after game. She was only partially happy. I'm sure she was burning inside the way they kept turning ball over midway in 4th. That is Pat like. Happy for the win but have alot of work to do.

First I've gotten to see the Lady Vols this year. Good to see deep bench, tall players and excellent rebounding. Enjoyed watching the Lady Vols' huddles too - looks like there's good team chemistry and absent were those "me-type" players. We shall see how it all works out as it goes. Noted that ND started three freshmen and a pair of transfers. They didn't look good and Coach McGraw didn't look happy.

Doubtful tomorrow. I believe the votes are already in for this week. Without a letdown on Thursday, I would expect that we will break the top 25 next week. I wouldn't expect the Lady Vols to be higher than 23, at the most, and probably only 25. But, taking the game in a convincing fashion, albeit against a depleted Notre Dame, has got to impress enough of the voters to warrant a bump, in my opinion.

Jim

Based on talents, Tennessee and not Notre Dame should be ranked.

First I've gotten to see the Lady Vols this year. Good to see deep bench, tall players and excellent rebounding. Enjoyed watching the Lady Vols' huddles too - looks like there's good team chemistry and absent were those "me-type" players. We shall see how it all works out as it goes. Noted that ND started three freshmen and a pair of transfers. They didn't look good and Coach McGraw didn't look happy.

I don't see any "me-type" players last year either.

Reactions: feathersax
Some positive impressions of this team:

They seem unselfish and have great chemistry, as mentioned above.

They are very aggressive. This often leads to fouls and turnovers, but it also helps intimidate and rattle opponents.

They seem very coachable, believe in their coaches, and can simultaneously be serious while demonstrating joy in the game and their teammates.

They own their mistakes but show resolve to redeem themselves rather than making excuses and hanging heads.

The forced passes and sloppy play evident in the second half can be greatly diminished if not totally eradicated.

Fun to watch. Nice poise shown down the stretch.

Jim

The coaches poll has historically been released Tuesday and the AP on Monday.

The coaches poll has historically been released Tuesday and the AP on Monday.
This is true. But, and I may be wrong, while the coaches poll is released on Tuesday, it is generally based on votes that are sent in by Monday evening. So, usually games played on Monday evening don't show up in the polls until the following week.

If I'm wrong about the timing, then we may see the Lady Vols slip into the top 25 in this week's coaches poll.

Jim

Maybe we'll have better announcers next time that do their homework. This was not Tennessee's first road win against a ranked team since 2011 we beat Stanford at Stanford since then and South Carolina a couple of times. Think we may have won against Miss State as well but that one can't remember if it was home or on the road.

Maybe we'll have better announcers next time that do their homework. This was not Tennessee's first road win against a ranked team since 2011 we beat Stanford at Stanford since then and South Carolina a couple of times. Think we may have won against Miss State as well but that one can't remember if it was home or on the road.
The MS game was at MS and a sellout crowd. I think MS woke up after that game and played well the remainder of the season

VN Store

Back