Great Article on Cameron Carr

OldVolMan

Just Average Old Timer
Interesting article on Cameron Carr being underrated and could be answer for Vols 3 point woes. I lived in southern Illinois while Chris, his Dad played at SIU.
I loved watching him play with passion and his high light reel type dunks. He was a fan favorite and a team leader. He could bomb threes or take it down low. I was excited to see Cameron sign with UT since I knew he was Chris son.

My son met Chris and they became good friends.
Chris came back to Carbondale for an event and brought Charles Barkley with him, Chris called my son to meet him to play pool. When he got there he surprised him with meeting Barkley. Now my son was pretty wild back then but he said Barkley partied till the sun came up and one of the funniest and nicest guys he has ever been around.

I will assure you Chris will be at every TN game, and a great ambassador/recruiter for UT with his contacts thru his career even since the NBA.

The Answer To Tennessee's Three-Point Woes - Cameron Carr (msn.com)

Last edited:
Interesting article on Cameron Carr being underrated and could be answer for Vols 3 point woes. I lived in southern Illinois while Chris his Dad played at SIU.
I loved watching him play with passion and his high light reel type dunks. He was a fan favorite and a team leader. I was excited to see Cameron sign with UT since I knew he was Chris son.

Chris came back to Carbondale for an event and brought Charles Barkley with him, Chris called my son to meet him to play pool. When he got there he surprised him with meeting Barkley. Now my son was pretty wild back then but he said Barkley partied till the sun came up and one of the funniest and nicest guys he has ever been around.

I will assure you Chris will be at every TN game, and a great ambassador/recruiter for UT with his contacts thru his career even since the NBA.

Barnes should give him the keys to the offense.

Thatll be Dilione
You do realize that Dillione didn’t even play pg in high school. I watched him play before Xmas. He looks the part physically of a sec guard, but he didn’t handle the ball and only scored 8 points against a team that started two 5-9 guards. He did have an impressive dunk, but his team lost the game. I could be wrong, but you guys that think he’s gonna step right in and be a primary ball handler or scorer are about to be disappointed. He reminded me of Mashack minus a little athleticism, but a little better shooter.

Better be the next Steph Curry to see the court here if he’s not a solid defender.

You do realize that Dillione didn’t even play pg in high school. I watched him play before Xmas. He looks the part physically of a sec guard, but he didn’t handle the ball and only scored 8 points against a team that started two 5-9 guards. He did have an impressive dunk, but his team lost the game. I could be wrong, but you guys that think he’s gonna step right in and be a primary ball handler or scorer are about to be disappointed. He reminded me of Mashack minus a little athleticism, but a little better shooter.
That's a pretty hard opinion to develop based on a single game.

That's a pretty hard opinion to develop based on a single game.
Just stating what I saw. The team he played had one of the Ellis brothers on it so they were pretty good. That being said Dillione just didn’t look to score. He didn’t look comfortable when he did handle the ball. I guess college has went the way of the nba in that potential trumps actual talent, but he was probably the 4th or 5th best player on the floor in a high school game.

Interesting article on Cameron Carr being underrated and could be answer for Vols 3 point woes. I lived in southern Illinois while Chris, his Dad played at SIU.
I loved watching him play with passion and his high light reel type dunks. He was a fan favorite and a team leader. He could bomb threes or take it down low. I was excited to see Cameron sign with UT since I knew he was Chris son.

If he can't play defense up to Barnes' standard, he will never see the floor as a freshman.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Just stating what I saw. The team he played had one of the Ellis brothers on it so they were pretty good. That being said Dillione just didn’t look to score. He didn’t look comfortable when he did handle the ball. I guess college has went the way of the nba in that potential trumps actual talent, but he was probably the 4th or 5th best player on the floor in a high school game.
I understand that's your belief after one game. I'm just saying there’s some perspective there...it was one game. He broke the OTE scoring record with 36 points in a game last fall before enrolling at Tennessee. So, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but he also averaged 25 points/gm as a junior at Word Of God, and last summer averaged 18 points/gm in the Adidas 3SSB Circuit.

He has a beautiful jumper... Barnes has proven that he'll give min to freshman too, so I could see Carr getting some min next year.

VN Store

Back