Grant Williams to the Celtics

He did well. Did a little of everything like we are all accustomed to. If he knocks down those 3s consistently, I think he'll be a starter or high level role player for a long time.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
He’s all grown up.

Attachments

• 627C3B40-0022-4B9E-A4CB-626834C3ABFB.png
    627C3B40-0022-4B9E-A4CB-626834C3ABFB.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
Grant's numbers:
20 minutes, 12 pts, 6 rebs, 2 assists, 2 stls, 2 blks, 0 TOs, 4-8 shooting, 2-4 from 3...led team with a +21
Good numbers for 20 mins.

I saw him say in the post-game interview that he knocked down a lot more foes than he intended.. I’ll link it

Seeing Grant Williams next to Tacko Fall is hilarious, especially knowing that Grant would dwarf most people. Tacko looks like a kid with his nerf hoop out there. His tiptoe dunk in that game had me laughing.

Nice piece from earlier today...

I hope this—staying up until 1 or 2 am to write—becomes a regular occurrence over the next decade or so. I have a life. I’m not completely nocturnal. But I have no problem doing so when Grant Williams gives me absolutely no say in the matter. In the Celtics’ second Summer League game, Williams scored 5 points on 2-for-6 shooting. He collected 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and a block. He was the best player on the floor by a wide margin and demonstrated why he’s a special prospect.

...Through two Summer League games, Grant Williams has played 39 minutes and 19 seconds. In those minutes, the Celtics are +41. In the 41 minutes and 41 seconds Williams has sat, the Celtics are -3. Raw plus-minus is exceptionally noisy—Williams is not solely responsible for a 44-point differential through 80 minutes of Summer League basketball.

But it’s not an accident that the team is comically better with Williams on the floor than off either. He’s a freak: physically, thanks to beyond upper-tier functional strength and mentally, due to thousands upon thousands of reps and dedication and special recognition and awareness. Grant Williams is obscenely, obnoxiously good at basketball. If I have to lose sleep because of that, so be it.

The brilliance of Grant Williams in 42 seconds

With Horford and Marcus Morris gone, I could see Grant Williams as being the 1st guy off the bench by Spring 2020.

Gordon Hayward is going to have a cap on his minutes AND the per 36 minutes stats of Hayward's back ups are underwhleming.

Guerschon Yabusele 13.5 points 8 boards

Semi Ojeleye - 11 points 5 boards

Daniel Theis is a bit more productive than that but he'll have to back up at Center until Robert Williams develops.

And they waived Guerschon Yabusele, so Grant Williams obviously showed his potential in Summer League.

I was thinking 12 - 15 minutes a game will probably be his baseline to start, but it will likely be significantly more than that. He showed that he has no trouble in the paint against taller players, he can defend inside and out, and his shooting touch is improved already (37% from 3-point range in summer league). He looks like the steal of the draft right now.

Is it me or does Grant seem really undersized and a bit slow? Having said that I should say that doesn't mean he hasn't played great or that I don't think he'll be a great player. He's so gritty and well-rounded that he's hard not to like.

Is it me or does Grant seem really undersized and a bit slow? Having said that I should say that doesn't mean he hasn't played great or that I don't think he'll be a great player. He's so gritty and well-rounded that he's hard not to like.
He's undersized, but I don't know about the slow part

He is undersized and slow but his movements are very quick. In college much quicker than those trying to guard him. NBA looks like the same thing so far.

VN Store

Back