Grant Williams named to Sporting News All-America First Team

I know I’m biased, but I think he should win player of the year. Especially now that Zion has gone out. Grant isn’t electric and doesn’t play for a blue blood so he doesn’t generate the buzz of some of these other players. But for the entire year, on a night in night out basis always one of the best players on the floor. Is it an oxymoron to say that he quietly dominates?

Am I the only one who finds it weird how Zion has missed 20% of the season (1/3 of the ACC schedule) and is still somehow the "front-runner" for player of the year?

Don't get me wrong, the kid is a stud and probably would've had my vote a month ago. The fact is, though unfortunate, he got hurt and missed a significant portion of the season. That's just crazy to me.

Am I the only one who finds it weird how Zion has missed 20% of the season (1/3 of the ACC schedule) and is still somehow the "front-runner" for player of the year?

Don't get me wrong, the kid is a stud and probably would've had my vote a month ago. The fact is, though unfortunate, he got hurt and missed a significant portion of the season. That's just crazy to me.
While I don't necessarily disagree with you, I can also see where Zion would maintain a lot of votes given how his injury took place. Having the sole of a shoe blow out while planting your foot is not the typical basketball injury, so it wouldn't surprise me if there may be some sympathy votes involved.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Well deserved and easily POY in the SEC. Now, if our team will run the offense through Grant, we might get to the Final 4. If our guards keep jacking up 28 3's, it will be an early exit.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back