Grant Williams named to Sporting News All-America First Team

golfballs

Well-Known Boofer
I know I’m biased, but I think he should win player of the year. Especially now that Zion has gone out. Grant isn’t electric and doesn’t play for a blue blood so he doesn’t generate the buzz of some of these other players. But for the entire year, on a night in night out basis always one of the best players on the floor. Is it an oxymoron to say that he quietly dominates?

Cdywolfe

Am I the only one who finds it weird how Zion has missed 20% of the season (1/3 of the ACC schedule) and is still somehow the "front-runner" for player of the year?

Don't get me wrong, the kid is a stud and probably would've had my vote a month ago. The fact is, though unfortunate, he got hurt and missed a significant portion of the season. That's just crazy to me.

IBlvNTmWrk

Dawn of a New Day
Am I the only one who finds it weird how Zion has missed 20% of the season (1/3 of the ACC schedule) and is still somehow the "front-runner" for player of the year?

Don't get me wrong, the kid is a stud and probably would've had my vote a month ago. The fact is, though unfortunate, he got hurt and missed a significant portion of the season. That's just crazy to me.
While I don't necessarily disagree with you, I can also see where Zion would maintain a lot of votes given how his injury took place. Having the sole of a shoe blow out while planting your foot is not the typical basketball injury, so it wouldn't surprise me if there may be some sympathy votes involved.

VN Store

Sponsors