Grant Williams is the man.

TNBV

Of course everyone knows this in general. Today my son asked him if he could sign his shirt. He said he could not sign anything during warmups but he asked my 9 year old out on the court and let him shoot 2, 3 points shots (he missed them but like I said he is 9). My son will never forget it.

Of course everyone knows this in general. Today my son asked him if he could sign his shirt. He said he could not sign anything during warmups but he asked my 9 year old out on the court and let him shoot 2, 3 points shots (he missed them but like I said he is 9). My son will never forget it.

Not sure who Blake is, but thanks for posting on Twitter

Reactions: Rocky_top08
Grant and this entire team will be remembered for their character and what they have done to inspire young and old fans alike, not to mention their influence in bringing high character and highly talented recruits into the program for sustaining what they started. Nothing but class on and off the court. Not one embarrassing monent off the court like a carload of players getting pulled over on New Years Day with guns in the car.

That is awesome! Turner would have stole the ball and shot the 3. (I'm only kidding lol). I believe Turner will get out of his slump and catch fire in either the SECT or NCAAT. We need him too at least. We need the Lamonte from last year that was SEC 6th man of the year, and the one that balled out at Ole Miss.

He is "Josh Dobbs" kind of character. Actually the whole team is. Even if you aren't a VOLS fan, they are worth rooting for in this tournament.

The world could use more people like Grant Williams and Schofield as well as the rest of the team. All class act players and men.

Reactions: alaVOL
Grant and this entire team will be remembered for their character and what they have done to inspire young and old fans alike, not to mention their influence in bringing high character and highly talented recruits into the program for sustaining what they started. Nothing but class on and off the court. Not one embarrassing monent off the court like a carload of players getting pulled over on New Years Day with guns in the car.
Man this is spot on!!! The team has been built by CRB to have this type of culture and to bring in kids that fit that mold is a challenge in todays world I'm sure. I would say there's only a hand full of kids in the top 50 players that CRB would even consider recruiting. It may limit us talent wise a bit but character always rises to the top. These other teams can have thugs both as coaches and players and maybe experience a little success but as for me I'll take the character kids any day!!! A good friend was at a home game a month or so ago and well after the game they were walking outside TBA and saw Grant and Fulkerson about to cross the street. A couple of kids approached them but Grant very nicely told them his parents were waiting on the other side of the street to go out and eat and he didn't have time at the moment to sign an autograph. My friend said they ran across the street and his mother stopped Grant and demanded he go back across the street and sign the autograph. He said it wasn't an ugly thing and Grant seemed very happy to do it. THE CHARACTER WE'RE TALKING ABOUT STARTS AT HOME...EVERY TIME!!!!

VN Store

Back