Grant Williams is the best NBA basketvol since…

King was very good, but Bird or Jordan? I don't think King was ever that level

King was every bit that level at his height. He was playing in New York City and was the most electric player in the NBA. He was the league MVP. All-NBA first team, All-Star and the leading scorer in the league. Personal issues off the court and injuries are what kept him from being an All-NBA Top 25 player of all time. His play on the court, when healthy was as good as anyone who ever played.

King was every bit that level at his height. He was playing in New York City and was the most electric player in the NBA. He was the league MVP. All-NBA first team, All-Star and the leading scorer in the league. Personal issues off the court and injuries are what kept him from being an All-NBA Top 25 player of all time. His play on the court, when healthy was as good as anyone who ever played.

He was unstoppable, same as Michael in his prime, but sustained an injury and was never at that elite level again. Best UT player IMO. If you ask UK fans they would agree.

Reactions: VolArmy74
Nobody mentions King when speaking of Jordan, Bird, or Magic. No one

Very good player, but you have lumped in with the best of the best.

During those seasons people did. Then the two knee injuries hit. Bird called him the best offensive player in the league after the 7 game series vs NY one year. Just because you’re ignorant of that time doesn’t make us wrong.

I wasn't even alive during Bernie's best years, but even I know from different interviews and stuff I've seen that he was HIGHLY regarded by his peers. If not for his injuries, who knows what he could've done in the NBA. He already has a stellar resume even with the injuries.

Wild that Grant is gonna be playing against Adebayo once again after they played each other in high school and college. Hopefully Grant gets the best of him again 😀

Reactions: AngryButchJones
I wasn't even alive during Bernie's best years, but even I know from different interviews and stuff I've seen that he was HIGHLY regarded by his peers. If not for his injuries, who knows what he could've done in the NBA. He already has a stellar resume even with the injuries.

HOF. That’s pretty strong

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Bernard King and Dale Ellis are the best NBA Vols ever as far as a NBA career. They were both among the very best in the league for several years, several after that with good careers but not any with those 2 career stats. GBO!
They're the best as far as their college careers too.

People forget about Reggie Johnson, who was a starter for several years in the NBA. Probably not better than Houston, but better than any other VOL has been in the NBA

Best NBA Vols is a sadly short list.

1) BK
2) Ellis
3) Houston
4) Harris
5) Richardson
6) Watson
7) Boerwinkle
8) Grunfeld
9) Johnson

Grant has opportunity to speed up the list, 7-8-9 never did a lot notable. They just stuck around and had some 10-12ppg 4-8 rebounds per game type seasons.

It's way to early to say he's better than Harris or even Richardson and probably Watson. Grant has started less than 40 games in his 3 year career to date.

I'd love to see he, Keon, Jaden and KC become players that get a lot of run and make a big impact. If they all became Tobias level players it would be amazing.
Reggie Johnson is way too low on your list

Lol, he's not the best Vol in the NBA right now. That's not a shot on Grant, but I'm guessing OP forgot about Tobias Harris.

Correct. I love everything about GWill, but Tobias is on a different skill level…and the contracts reflect it.

VN Store

Back