Grant Williams is the best NBA basketvol since…

Tobias is the best NBA player from UT right now but since he played here only 1 season Grant is more of a Vol to me. Tobias came in as a 5 star but we got to see Grant develop step be step. I think he is still growing both offensively and defensively. His ability to guard the strongest players in the league should get him a huge contract.

Tied with Steph for most 3’s in a game 7 in the history of the NBA is 100% something to talk about.

Attachments

• 9E97B233-361D-4E19-90F3-514EE01A2531.png
    9E97B233-361D-4E19-90F3-514EE01A2531.png
    590.7 KB · Views: 12
Sixers fans also hate Tobias Harris and wish they had given Jimmy Butler the max contract instead of him whereas Grant seems to be a fan favorite, just my two cents.
well when pitting him up against Jimmy that’s not his fault. That’s managements. Jimmy is an all time great hustler. His strive has pushed himself well past his typical limitations when it comes to talent. He has a rave drive most couldn’t dream to match.

Tobias will never win the public love over someone like that at his current level. As a Grizzlies fan I’d be stoked to have Tobias on our team today.

I know Matt Jones tweeted something onetime how Grant wasn’t going to amount to anything in the NBA, how Bone was the one that would succeed. Tried to find it, think he may have deleted it
If you can find it, post it. I wanna share that on my Vols Facebook page I run. Lol.

The fact Grant got up 16 threes in an nba playoff game 7 in a winning effort is just mind boggling considering the low post player he was just 4 years ago. That’s half as many threes as he shot his entire freshman season

Reactions: HeadVol77
I know Matt Jones tweeted something onetime how Grant wasn’t going to amount to anything in the NBA, how Bone was the one that would succeed. Tried to find it, think he may have deleted it

That wasn’t really a flaming hot take among vol fans at the time, let alone KY fans. Williams went from a a dominant low post player to a wing in the NBA. It was a fascinating transition.

Reactions: HeadVol77
At his height, King was there with Bird, Jordan ,etc. Dale Ellis was a great pro as was Alan Houston

Yep. King was having 40 and 50 point games (and a 60 point game) and lead the NBA in scoring in 1984-85. Then he blew out a knee just as Jordan was emerging. Without the 2 knee injuries King would be talked about with Bird, Johnson, and Jordan.

Yep. King was having 40 and 50 point games (and a 60 point game) and lead the NBA in scoring in 1984-85. Then he blew out a knee just as Jordan was emerging. Without the 2 knee injuries King would be talked about with Bird, Johnson, and Jordan.

It’s crazy how much sports medicine has evolved in the last 30-40 years.

So many careers across all major sports cut short back then.

Two game 7s today
G Willi: 10/22, 7/18 from 3, 27 points (W)
Devin Booker: 3/14, 0/4 from 3, 11 points (L)
More dominance over Kentucky

Reactions: GenRRN

No. Clueless post.

It’s crazy how much sports medicine has evolved in the last 30-40 years.

So many careers across all major sports cut short back then.
BK was the first to return from ACL surgery to active NBA games. A stud, no doubt.

I feel like J Rich was on a great trajectory when In Miami. Played very consistent at a very high level and looked like a future star there…. But then the multiple trades seem to stunted that.

Reactions: vols 30
By the way, you know who we all keep forgetting to mention when looking back at Vols in the NBA? Tom Boerwinkle. Never quite lived up the being the No. 4 overall pick, but dude played in over 600 games and averaged a double double several years. Finished with over 4500 points and 5500 rebounds

Reactions: wmcovol
No. Clueless post.

You’re wrong. Everything posted was correct. King was the star of the Knicks who were challenging the Celtics in the East. Even after missing practically 2 yrs due to knee surgery, he came back & made the All Star team as a Washington Bullet.

You’re wrong. Everything posted was correct. King was the star of the Knicks who were challenging the Celtics in the East. Even after missing practically 2 yrs due to knee surgery, he came back & made the All Star team as a Washington Bullet.

Nobody mentions King when speaking of Jordan, Bird, or Magic. No one

Very good player, but you have lumped in with the best of the best.

VN Store

Back