Grant Williams PF Junior Tennessee
Zion Williamson SF/PF Freshman Duke

2nd Team
Jarrett Culver SG Sophomore Texas Tech
Carsen Edwards PG/SG Junior Purdue
Ethan Happ PF Senior Wisconsin
Markus Howard PG Junior Marquette
Cassius Winston PG Junior Michigan State
I probably would have chosen Clarke over Hachimura. And I think Culver instead of Barrett.

The AP article I see has the teams:

1st team:
Zion Williamson
Grant Williams
RJ Barrett
Ja Morant
Cassius Winston

2nd Team:
Rui Hachimura
Jarrett Culver
Markus Howard
Ethan Happ
Carsen Edwards

3rd Team:
De’Andre Hunter
Dedric Lawson
Brandon Clarke
PJ Washington
Kyle Guy

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I think Bone should be at least 2nd team
Bone is just not there yet. There were periods that you could see his skills, and there were times it wasn’t there. Honestly, if he leaves, he’ll be doing an injustice to himself; I don’t see him going. Same improvement next year, I’ll be right there with you and be mad if not an all Americans

So all Grant needs now is a national award or career record to have his jersey retired. I think having his jersey retired is something he will be considering over the next few weeks.

Bone is just not there yet. There were periods that you could see his skills, and there were times it wasn’t there. Honestly, if he leaves, he’ll be doing an injustice to himself; I don’t see him going. Same improvement next year, I’ll be right there with you and be mad if not an all Americans
Agreed. If he could bring it night in and night out, he'll ascend to the next level. He's capable of being a 16+ & 6+ every night. I personally would like to see him be a little more aggressive on both ends of the floor. Still wouldn't trade him for anyone. GB🍊

Grant_Williams_Unanimous_All_American_SID.jpg

After being tabbed a first-team All-American by the Associated Press (AP) on Tuesday, Tennessee's Grant Williams earned unanimous consensus first-team All-American status from the NCAA. "It's honestly incredible," Williams said. "I never dreamed of earning this. I am thankful for everyone who has helped me reach this point. I want to thank my teammates, my coaches and the Lord. When you put as much work in and work as hard as I have, it's a blessing to have that recognized."

The NCAA uses four different entities to designate student-athletes as "consensus" All-Americans: AP, National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC), Sporting News and United States Basketball Writers Association (USBWA). Williams joins Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer Bernard King (1976-77) and two-time SEC Player of the Year Dale Ellis (1982-83) as the only Vols ever to be named a consensus first-team All-American. Ernie Grunfeld (1976-77) earned consensus second-team recognition, as did Chris Lofton in both 2006-07 and 2007-08).

"To be able to join elite players like Bernard and Dale, it's incredible to think about because not many people have that honor," Williams said. "I am definitely honored to be there, but there is more work to be done. They both went on to have long and successful careers, and I hope to do the same."
Williams Named Unanimous Consensus First-Team All-American - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: mickey1969

VN Store

Back