Grant Maner edit: Brian Maurer

And he was the best QB at the Manning camp and whatever other offseason accolade you can name, he can hit all the tires in the drills. It just doesn't translate to on the field
So that’s what an accolade looks like? Thought it was a fun fact or tidbit. Every day something new learned kind of thing. 🤔

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Maurer's on-field experience was the best thing that ever happened to JGs game. If JG goes all Tom Brady in fall camp, then Pruitt needs to go with Maurer starting, then JG on series 2. After Maurer breaks something, then start Shrout or the new DT guy. JG probably becomes the #1 draft pick and we win the Natty if history proves true again.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Maurer has plenty of talent, just needs some work on his decision making. Hoping he and JG are going to really push each other during practice
Maurer - young inexperienced, much, much self confidence, likely just need experience and playing time. Could be extra good I think. But what the hell do I know?:rolleyes:

They should have included the part when he lost consciousness on the sideline due to a concussion and was pulled to his feet by Vol staff.
Hard to include something that never happened. I assume you’re talking about the UGA hit and He had the air knocked out of him.

Fact is if Maurer could have stayed healthy he prolly would have never lost his starting position.

I'd have to agree there.

But staying healthy is part of the game.
He's got to see the position better.
No joke...physically Maurer is Joe Burrow with a stronger arm. But he HAS to control his emotions better. He needs to dig deeper into what it means to play QB. I think his aptitude is fine. He needs to learn meditation. He's so energetic and go go go .
Needs to be in Chaney's back pocket.

I'd have to agree there.

But staying healthy is part of the game.
He's got to see the position better.
No joke...physically Maurer is Joe Burrow with a stronger arm. But he HAS to control his emotions better. He needs to dig deeper into what it means to play QB. I think his aptitude is fine. He needs to learn meditation. He's so energetic and go go go .
Needs to be in Chaney's back pocket.
wut.jpg

VN Store

Back