Grading the class

If you have A's and B's but don't turn in your term project, you at best get a D. If you aren't in the right side of the bell curve... you can't possibly get better than a C.

An F+ plus is just shy of a D-.

I think his point is that there is no such thing as an F+. D- then F. No F+ No F-. Failing is failing.

I do, however believe you failed miserably in your assessment and I will give you an F.

What's up with all the negavol window lickers? You guys complaining about the O and D lines need to give it a rest. Kiffin signed 3 guys that will play D line (Sykes, Hughes, and Jeffrey), and 2 guys on O line ( Revis, and Schofeild). All but Jeffrey were Fulmer recruits. In two months he was able to hold on to them, get one more, and have a lot of top rated guys take a look. So you are looking at all Fulmer would have done plus one. We got in to late this year to make a difference here. Next years O line recruits are better than this years. The top 5 all grade better than this years number 1. Take a chill pill, and step back into reality. Rome wasn't built in a day.

IMO, the staff gets an A+ for what they were able to do in a short time. They still aren't done. It is possible we sign Oku or B. Brown, giving us a Top 12 class. The class itself was very solid. Every recruit was highly regarded. I give this class a B. It would have been nice to land Hall, White, Phillips, or Washington on the OL and a solid DT would have been huge. We did secure a verbal from Jacquez Smith, a DE prospect for 2010. Next season, O and staff will have a Top 5 class.

I think the grading has to be weighted against filling areas of need and circumstances

1. Weighted for filling need = C+ or B- we needed more bigs to go with the addition of speed and athleticism
2. Weighted for circumstances = A Missed on Marlon but made up for it with Teague. Made a lot of noise and laid foundation for future success.

I can't imagine at 34 dealing with starting new very high pressure job, moving across country leaving wife and kids behind, hiring a high profile staff and catching up on late start in tough recruiting environment and on top of everything else having a new child.

I hope he doesn't burn out...

VN Store

Back