'19 Grad Transfer OT Alex Locklear

Normally this guy wouldn't be on our radar but we sure could have used him the last couple of years.

Think of him as a high deductible, moderate coverage hurricane insurance policy for a homeowner in Florida....not a great value but will probably provide relief at some point.
Bad as we were last season, I don’t think he would’ve seen the field. Ollie Lane’s better. He’s gap coverage on a brand new car.

Bad as we were last season, I don’t think he would’ve seen the field. Ollie Lane’s better. He’s gap coverage on a brand new car.

He could have allowed Carvin to redshirt. I agree on Ollie Lane being better.

Would’ve needed to be better than Carvin, first. Maybe his brother. Then it would’ve delayed Riley being four deep.

sorry, don't need this kid to take a spot. from my comfortable chair i don't see UT OL needing another 'depth' signee.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Would’ve needed to be better than Carvin, first. Maybe his brother. Then it would’ve delayed Riley being four deep.

Seems like Riley is at the very least in the two deep. We are healthy on OL and he is getting reps with ones.

Seems like Riley is at the very least in the two deep. We are healthy on OL and he is getting reps with ones.
He’s not in the two deep. Carvin is one at center. Kennedy has to be two. They’re still being careful with Kennedy. And this is before the non-EE freshmen report.

Per John Brice to Jayson Swain on The Swain Event, Pruitt has told someone close to him just last week that he (Pruitt) thinks Niehaus is a next level player. So I’m assuming that the staff must think he is SEC caliber.
Wait, but Butch recruited him.
And Calvert.

One thing no one had to teach Lane or Carvin was how to be big. Both were already noticeably larger Than several of the upper class man when they stepped on campus.

He’s not in the two deep. Carvin is one at center. Kennedy has to be two. They’re still being careful with Kennedy. And this is before the non-EE freshmen report.

Pretty sure he scrimmaged with the ones at G. We shall see if he gets any playing time this year.

Pretty sure he scrimmaged with the ones at G. We shall see if he gets any playing time this year.
Can’t go by Spring roster. Don’t have all the bodies available. And getting reps ain’t the same. Gibbs going to be a DB now?

Can’t go by Spring roster. Don’t have all the bodies available. And getting reps ain’t the same. Gibbs going to be a DB now?

Gibbs may or may not...depends on what coaches think. UGA coaches thought he fit better at DB.

And we are really only missing a couple of bodies. Most likely an OT and C. I'd say that scrimmaging as a first team OG is a pretty good indicator that Locklear will be in the 2 deep....unless his brother comes in and bumps him down the depth chart.

Gibbs may or may not...depends on what coaches think. UGA coaches thought he fit better at DB.

And we are really only missing a couple of bodies. Most likely an OT and C. I'd say that scrimmaging as a first team OG is a pretty good indicator that Locklear will be in the 2 deep....unless his brother comes in and bumps him down the depth chart.
Calbert is locking up one OG spot...J Johnson the other. Niehaus and R Johnson behind them. Ollie Lane and one of both of the true freshman after that. Doubt Riley’s brother transfers in when his brother’s transferring the other way.

Calbert is locking up one OG spot...J Johnson the other. Niehaus and R Johnson behind them. Ollie Lane and one of both of the true freshman after that. Doubt Riley’s brother transfers in when his brother’s transferring the other way.
Don't overdo Spring practice praise. I would say there is very slim chance Calbert starts at G. Lucky to end up in 2-deep.

Don't overdo Spring practice praise. I would say there is very slim chance Calbert starts at G. Lucky to end up in 2-deep.
However slim that is, it makes Locklear’s chances look anorexic.

I agree here. No problem with this since it sounds like we will be relying on 2 freshman to man the tackle positions. As much as we hear about Tatum/Neihaus gaining weight it's pretty clear (to me at least) that the staff does not see them as SEC caliber starters at OT. A rotation of Morris, Wright, this guy, Tatum, Neihaus will hopefully be able to piece together a successful season.

Tatum and Riley Locklear need to redshirt a season. It would help them playing here or any chance of playing beyond.

VN Store

Back