'20 Grad Transfer ILB Jabril Cox

Show me where he’s physical in that collection of tape. He truly avoids contact and doesent try to hide it.

Hey, it was my bad. When I first read your post I read he is not someone who plays in Pruitt's defense because he is fast and physical, so I just misread the post. That's on me.

I kinda hope we aren’t involved. Depending how long this corona thing drags on, this isn’t exactly the best offseason to bring in a one year rental player if they won’t even get a good offseason to get ready to contribute year one. Especially if the player is making such a drastic jump in competition.

Why? As you mentioned, he's just a 1 year rental. Without a full off-season, he's a lottery ticket. Either he's legit despite the lack of practice, or he's not ready so he's only depth. Either way he is gone in a year. There's zero risk.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Because he takes up an initial counter.
yep. that's the big downside. we need help at LB, so i get the interest.
but i'm like you, not convinced the juice is worth the squeeze??? especially on this, what now looks to be very, condensed calendar....plush, who knows what really happens to this upcoming season and what that does to eligibilty rules coming out of this thing....

if we're going to go the GT route, i'd like to do so on someone with more time to offer.....OR...is bonafied can't miss type of guy....

He’ll be good in pass coverage on 3rd downs. I expect SEC teams to run right him if he’s out there on 1st and 2nd

LSU is good for a guy like this. Those d-lineman that they churn out every year will keep him clean and make him look like an All-American.

Under recruited guy.
Got to college and really developed as player. Now he's eager to prove himself even more. He has the talent to really excell under LSU'S new/old DC.

Did they really? Didn’t know that. I know they picked up some studs last cycle

Oh yeah. LSU always has talented guys waiting in the wings.
But this guy is a proven commodity with a lot of talent. 6'3 230 runs a legit 4.5,
FCS All-American.

I don't know if a Daniel Bituli makes All-American at FCS level...and we were definitely satisfied with him.

Who knows really, but I expect this kid to make a huge impact coming off the edge for LSU. Good for them...but I still like what we have on our roster and coming in this fall.

Oh yeah. LSU always has talented guys waiting in the wings.
But this guy is a proven commodity with a lot of talent. 6'3 230 runs a legit 4.5,
FCS All-American.

I don't know if a Daniel Bituli makes All-American at FCS level...and we were definitely satisfied with him.

Who knows really, but I expect this kid to make a huge impact coming off the edge for LSU. Good for them...but I still like what we have on our roster and coming in this fall.

Bituli would have been a dominant beast at the FCS level. Cox is probably better in coverage but I'm taking Tuli all around.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You can mk a highlight or bad film for anyone. So you hv to look at both to determine. Also you hv to really see if the person doing the video has an agenda or is painting some kind of narrative.
His highlight tape is great (of course), but it’s primarily filled with INTs, and that last video - which was geared more towards his flaws and stated so in the video - doesn’t show a LB who likes to hit people. Looks more like a 3rd down coverage guy to me. Don’t claim to be an expert though and can only work with whatever tape is out there on the tube

VN Store

Back