Grad Transfer Fifth Year Seniors in transfer portal.

When a player enters the transfer portal any coach can contact them and offer a visit to the school and a scholarship to the school. Players in portal can also contact any school to see if they have interest. Right now none of this can happen except by phone or video. They can't get them on campus.

Speaking of three schools, Destiny Slocum is in the transfer portal again.

What I like about the one time transfer rule is that when you decide to transfer your through won't be a third school. Some players go three schools and even more. Second no reason to have to sit out a year if you transfer from one school to another once because you're not going anywhere else once you get to your second location. I can see where players choose a school and it turns out not to be a fit or they break a rule and are asked to leave. The point being you only get a second chance not a third or fourth so you'll have to make the most of it.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Destiny Slocum would be a big help for the team she would close the void for one season for the loss of Zaay.

Petra and Destiny would totally replace the players we lost to transfer. Both are terrific three point shooters along with Rennia would give us a tremendous perimeter shooting game.

Reactions: mcannon1
Petra and Destiny would totally replace the players we lost to transfer. Both are terrific three point shooters along with Rennia would give us a tremendous perimeter shooting game.

They would but be needed to play backup roles, and frankly I can't see either of them settling for that. An experienced back up PG good for 12-15 mpg and a quality PF/C who has some reliable offensive moves would go a long way with this team.

They would but be needed to play backup roles, and frankly I can't see either of them settling for that. An experienced back up PG good for 12-15 mpg and a quality PF/C who has some reliable offensive moves would go a long way with this team.

I could see Destiny being the starting point guard and Horston either starting at the two or being the sixth woman again. Petra would certainly need to take a lesser role, but I can see her getting at least 20 plus minutes at the expense of the freshmen coming in. If the plan was for Green and Massengill to get a certain total of minutes I can see these two being able to get those minutes as well.

It certainly helps that Kellie likes to sub. Good points about Petra. Might not crack the starting lineup right away unless her offensive percentages kept up, but it's possible. She would be a good zone-buster and would be a good mentor for Darby.

If Slocum was dedicated to running the offense efficiently while still being a scoring threat, that would be great. We still need a long-term PG solution, but this could be a stopgap if team chemistry would gel.

Grad transfers need to fit in right away. Their experience is only second to their talent in value, and they have to be able to make the most if their limited time while the younger players mature.

Bibby in the transfer portal wonder if Texas is her destination. I think he only has a couple scholarships to offer unless he gets some transfers from the present team. Taylor Sutton very good player leaving Middle Tennessee to go to Bama would have to sit out unless we get that rule change.

It certainly helps that Kellie likes to sub. Good points about Petra. Might not crack the starting lineup right away unless her offensive percentages kept up, but it's possible. She would be a good zone-buster and would be a good mentor for Darby.
Are y'all talking about Petra Holesinska from Illinois? She already committed to North Carolina.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Are y'all talking about Petra Holesinska from Illinois? She already committed to North Carolina.

Those discussions were going on Saturday morning and early afternoon (same in the "Petra" thread)...before her decision was announced later around 3 or 4 o'clock Saturday.

We moved on immediately...after one last admiring glance at her Instagram model shots.

Her skill set should fit in well with Banghart's offense.

Last edited:
Questions: Are coaches allowed to contact a player once she enters the portal? Is a player allowed to contact a coach before they put their name in the portal to see if they are interested?

Questions: Are coaches allowed to contact a player once she enters the portal? Is a player allowed to contact a coach before they put their name in the portal to see if they are interested?
The way I understand it either can contact after you enter the portal none can contact until the portal is entered.

Found this:
What the NCAA Transfer Portal Is... and What It Isn’t

For student-athletes, who don’t have access to the portal, the interface is all about their individual desire to find the right program for them. After student-athletes ask their school to enter their name in the portal, administrators have two business days to comply. Once their name is entered, student-athletes receive an email notifying them that they are in the portal.

Student-athletes can provide an email address and a phone number where any interested coaches can contact them. Or student-athletes can decide not to provide contact information and reach out to the schools they are interested in attending.

The no-contact feature was built into the portal based on feedback from the Division I Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.

The rationale behind the choice not to provide contact information is that some student-athletes already have an idea where they would like to transfer, and they don’t want their transfer process to mirror the experience of being recruited when they were high school.

For coaches, the portal is a place to see who is looking to transfer. Coaches can set up a watch list of the people they want to track, and they can see in real time when student-athletes have matriculated to another program or taken their name out of the portal altogether. This feature can cut down on wasted efforts to recruit someone who already has decided where to go to school.

Reactions: Will83
I think Gaulden would fit in well as would Slocumb think either could get plenty of playing time as either a one of two guard.

I agree, I think we have a good lead on either Arkansas transfer. They were both recruited by Coach Goldwire I believe?

Slocumb would be fun to have for a season. Reminds me a bit of Diamond in some ways. Not in her game, but in her story and path. They both made such a big splash as freshmen. Then sat a season and had quieter career after. At least up to this point. She’s is a dynamite player though!

Reactions: Volfan2012
If a player is in the portal, can the interested school pay for the player and family to visit? I know given the virus situation players and coaches are having meetings thru technology.

VN Store

Back