Good to See Neyland is Feared Again

Hell with that - September 30.

Welcome to the nightmare.

That’s going to be the loudest, most bloodthirsty assemblage since the Roman colosseum.
Really? Another game for me. The Georgia loss cost us the East, the number one ranking & and a chance to march directly into the playoff. The team bickering and overlooking South Carolina cost us a hope of sneaking into the playoff depending on who else won and lost.

Why y'all so mad at South Carolina?

Reactions: 1989Vol
Really? Another game for me. The Georgia loss cost us the East, the number one ranking & and a chance to march directly into the playoff. The team bickering and overlooking South Carolina cost us a hope of sneaking into the playoff depending on who else won and lost.

We would have made the playoff regardless, had we won the USCjr game. Michigan and Ohio State hadn’t played yet so that game was going to eliminate one of them. There wasn’t any hoping and praying. It was actually going to happen.

I’m not mad at them. They took advantage of what was given to them. Just like they’ve done for the last 18 years. But frankly, I’m sick of losing to them and our record against them the last 18 years is unacceptable. I get it that times change. They have upgraded their facilities and have more resources now, but in 2004, our record against them all-time was 19-2-2. Since then, it’s 9-9. Unacceptable.

We would have made the playoff regardless, had we won the USCjr game. Michigan and Ohio State hadn’t played yet so that game was going to eliminate one of them. There wasn’t any hoping and praying. It was actually going to happen.
If's and but's, candies and nuts. I here ya.

But how-bout Beat UGA. Step up. Don't run. Don't employ the "hope" strategy. Win it outright.

If we are hoping to beat South Carolina (or even overly happy if we win), then we dont even need to concern ourselves with UGA.

I am looking forward to being on a level playing field with UA & Georgia, the big boys. Not the middling SEC schools like South Carolina. But to each his own. GoVols.

Reactions: feathersax
I just want to see our defense smother Bama's QB and offense down in Tuscaloosa this year. Would be great to give them a huge beat down in their house. We still owe them....a lot. And I mean A LOT. The key will be Milton staying healthy and holding it together all season as the man.

Being feared is awesome, great, amazing, stupendous, glorious, cool and super awesome however, being a destination that Vol Fans and even those of our opponents are genuinely excited as hell about visiting, well then, that is a milestone Vol nation has been dreaming of for decades

I just want to see our defense smother Bama's QB and offense down in Tuscaloosa this year. Would be great to give them a huge beat down in their house. We still owe them....a lot. And I mean A LOT. The key will be Milton staying healthy and holding it together all season as the man.

The key will be finding 4 guys who can play defense in our secondary my friend.

Because they are buttholes 😂

This is true too. Hopefully a couple of these freshmen DBs develop quickly, contribute and add some needed depth.

Yes, but I also don't even know if it matters if the freshman play. I think just having some competition and some athletic guys behind them in depth can light a fire under some of the returning players and push them harder. Last year we were literally just struggling to have guys fill positions in the secondary, especially if an injury popped up. Not saying our players weren't motivated last year, but a lot of those guys were going to play regardless because we didn't have a choice.

These young players are so beneficial even just being here on campus, in my opinion. I think we will see some surprising development from some returning players that we don't expect as a result.

Reactions: Vol737
Yes, but I also don't even know if it matters if the freshman play. I think just having some competition and some athletic guys behind them in depth can light a fire under some of the returning players and push them harder. Last year we were literally just struggling to have guys fill positions in the secondary, especially if an injury popped up. Not saying our players weren't motivated last year, but a lot of those guys were going to play regardless because we didn't have a choice.

These young players are so beneficial even just being here on campus, in my opinion. I think we will see some surprising development from some returning players that we don't expect as a result.

Completely agree. In a prior post I noted as well that some of these freshmen showing out in practice so early are indicative of the talent Heupel has been able to recruit and good for competition. Already pushing the upperclassmen to up their game is a good thing. And to your point, even as talented as some of these freshmen are, it would be a concern if they had to be our starters this season.

Reactions: BigVol88

VN Store

Back