Good Stuff

Supply and Demand blah blah blah. You'll have to excuse me for giggling at that tired old line.
I'm with you OWB. Economics Schmeckonomicks. What's with these silly people trotting out tired old economic theories when talking about pricing?

You and I both know that governments set oil prices and all governmental leaders do it with cronies in mind.

I mean think about it. Look at how much it helps Bush and Cheney personally today by hiking these prices for their buddies. They'll most likely be re-elec.......Wait a minute. They can't be re-elected. I don't know why they would manipulate prices today, but I, like you, am sure that the administration is the culprit.

And of course we all know that the only reason Bush took us to war in Iraq was for the oil. :)

Supply and Demand blah blah blah. You'll have to excuse me for giggling at that tired old line.

If you can prove to me that they're not involved in any way shape or form, I'll gladly retract my statement.

I'm curious as to how you think they are involved?

If you can prove to me that they're not involved in any way shape or form, I'll gladly retract my statement.

And you will have to forgive me for laughing at your opinion.:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:Why don't you just go ahead and blame Bush for the weather also? It would be just as accurate a statement.:blink:

Supply and Demand blah blah blah. You'll have to excuse me for giggling at that tired old line universally accepted theorem.

If you can prove a negative to me that they're not involved in any way shape or form then I will consider you as a greater philosopher than Socrates, Aristotle, and/or Plato, and I'll gladly retract my statement.
FYP:yes:

My theory is GWB saw oil prices comin up and considering his Texas oil buddies he pushed through a middle class tax rebate for consumers, so when gas went outrageous over this summer he'd leave the White house swimmin in cash.

Bush is actually sending our tax dollars to the Chinese and Indians so they can buy more cars and, consequently, cause the price of oil to rise. He is one sly dog.:mf_surrender:

My theory is GWB saw oil prices comin up and considering his Texas oil buddies he pushed through a middle class tax rebate for consumers, so when gas went outrageous over this summer he'd leave the White house swimmin in cash.
Let's refer to this dribble as your hypothesis. Calling it a theory lends way to much credence to any kind of research, experimentation, and/or data analysis, which, you obviously skipped in your scientific method.

I am not going to sit here in denial about the future supply of oil. It is running out. However, until it does run out, we do not need to continue to provide traditional enemies and/or unstable countries with strategic advantages against us (militarily and economically).

We currently own enough resources to materially boost our economy while materially weakening foreign economies. Yet, we are handcuffing ourselves for the sake of asthetics. That just seems absolutely asinine to me.

I would love to see the US make the break through on the next great fuel/energy. However, I do not want us to panic, rush, and be legislated into depending on a far less efficient energy source, while the rest of the world continues using oil.

I would love to see large firms invest R&D into hydrogen cells, engines that run on nuclear technology (if, and that is still a big if, the Soviets could (no definite proof) dwindle down nuclear weapons to fit in suitcases, then certainly we can fit nuclear energy into the size of an engine block), and/or maybe one day cold fusion.

However, driving up the cost of staple food items (corn and sugar) in order to crank out a gasoline that is 20% less effective at 20% less cost is backwards. Especially when one considers that by driving up the cost of staple items, you are driving down the value of the dollar.

Also, if the argument is for green reasons, I do not want to see electronic cars. Most Americans are getting their electricity through coal (as well are most worldwide). I would argue that it is less environmentally friendly than the exhaust from a diesel engine. On top of that, your freedom to drive anywhere is reduced when you have an electric car...therefore, it is less efficient for the average American.

I agree 100%......excellent post....:thumbsup:

Let's refer to this dribble as your hypothesis. Calling it a theory lends way to much credence to any kind of research, experimentation, and/or data analysis, which, you obviously skipped in your scientific method.
Technically true, but you can't deny given GWB's past behavior that it fits the facts...means,motive,and opportunity.

Love how she side stepped that question!

Yes, she was smooth huh. I just want all to see that there are more than one who is out of touch. Bush has been a spender the likes that we have not seen and seems to be out of touch to a degree. But the Dems that wanna jump up and down and pound their chest should look at their own little beauty queen.

VN Store

Back