Good stat for the Vols

Mullet Vol

Looking at the sweet sixteen alot of the teams looked very familiar to me. Tennessee played 6 of the final 15 (excluding us of course) teams in the tourney. That's over one-third and seems to be a pretty impressive stat. Not sure any other teams can say that can they?

I guess that's why our RPI and SOS was so high.

Yep, pretty cool.

Here's my question. Say we beat Ohio State, who would you all rather play? Memphis or Texas A&M?

I didn't think I wanted to see Memphis again until next season, but now they're without their top player.

I think it would be tough to beat Memphis a second time, especially in the tourney. I say A&M

On the subject of rematches, I am eager to play OSU again. When they were announcing the final region, I was hoping we'd get OSU's side and not Memphis' side. I hope I don't jinx us, but I honestly think OSU is the weakest team going to San Antonio.

Memphis without a doubt. A&M is a very solid team.

Memphis hasn't impressed me during the tourney, yes they are in the Sweet 16 but still, A&M looks alot better.

On the subject of rematches, I am eager to play OSU again. When they were announcing the final region, I was hoping we'd get OSU's side and not Memphis' side. I hope I don't jinx us, but I honestly think OSU is the weakest team going to San Antonio.
Weakest team or the weakest 1 seed?

Memphis without a doubt. A&M is a very solid team.

Memphis hasn't impressed me during the tourney, yes they are in the Sweet 16 but still, A&M looks alot better.

Agreed. Gillespie is a hell of a coach, and I think Memphis is due for a loss. But let's get our revenge against the Buckeyes first.

Yep, pretty cool.

Here's my question. Say we beat Ohio State, who would you all rather play? Memphis or Texas A&M?

Memphis all day long and then some. A&M is a very solid team. Not many weakenesses and they have the front court that will give our young guys alot of problems. That doesn't even include Acie Law who is better than both of the guards that we saw today.

Memphis can run with us, but they can't shoot the ball as well as we can and their free throw shooting makes ours look outstanding.

Playing Memphis in the tournament would do wonders for that rivalry that Pearl is trying to restore.

Has his injury status been updated since gametime?

moderate ankle sprain. will undergo treatment all week. his teammates have all said that he will play, but how effective he will be is the real question. he is a slasher so that ankle will probably affect his game a lot.

I think it's right around 50%. :eek:lol:

for the season yea they were about 50%, but in the tourney they were 19 of 27 against unt and 26 of 34 against nevada. that is 45 of 61 that's about 75%.

we need to focus on getting past osu, but i'll go ahead and say the vols wouldn't want any part of a memphis rematch. it's tough to beat a team twice in a season(hope that works for us against osu) and memphis will want revenge for the game in knoxville, which was by far the worst they have played all year. also kareem cooper is back on the team so they have more bigs to go to if/when dorsey gets in foul trouble, which seems to be happening later because he is playing smarter. it would be a much worse matchup for tennessee this time around. of course texas a and m isn't much better, but thats what this part of the tourney is all about.

VN Store

Back