Good Luck to Tennessee!

ltw

I'm a west-coast guy who loves following the sport of college basketball, especially to watch and root on the teams that keep some continuity and play great team-ball with excellent coaching and players who stay in the program and learn the nuances for 3-5 years. (Villanova in recent seasons comes to mind) It's no surprise that I gravitated toward being a Gonzaga Fan. But this year I've also become a Tennessee fan! Since GU beat Tennessee 2 years ago, and since TN beat GU this year, the team and coach have both impressed me.

On the Gonzaga ESPN broadcast last night the announcers were comparing the TN duo of Williams and Schofield as perhaps the only other duo in College BBall that could match up with Hachimura and Clarke. (I think it was kind of a given that the all-freshmen squad of Duke had the standout best tandem, but they are on what seems like a 5month NBA showcase tour.) Seeing Williams win another SEC player of the year and knowing that both those guys are seniors, TN plays a lot of seniors, and that the team has coalesced around team play, hard work, and a bunch of gritty 3-4* players makes me root for yall in the dance.

It would be great to see Tennessee beat UK and/or Duke, and see Gonzaga get revenge and beat UNC, and then have both teams meet in a great national championship game among veteran TEAM players.

Thanks Itw. I believe with the week long rest our team will be ready for the SEC tourney and win it. It will be tough to beat Kentucky again, but if the defense gets with it we will win. LSU will not be the same team as they were and I think we'll hang a banner. After that, we'll play well the first 2 games of the NCAA's before I'm afraid the tired factor may surface again.

I'm a west-coast guy who loves following the sport of college basketball, especially to watch and root on the teams that keep some continuity and play great team-ball with excellent coaching and players who stay in the program and learn the nuances for 3-5 years. (Villanova in recent seasons comes to mind) It's no surprise that I gravitated toward being a Gonzaga Fan. But this year I've also become a Tennessee fan! Since GU beat Tennessee 2 years ago, and since TN beat GU this year, the team and coach have both impressed me.

On the Gonzaga ESPN broadcast last night the announcers were comparing the TN duo of Williams and Schofield as perhaps the only other duo in College BBall that could match up with Hachimura and Clarke. (I think it was kind of a given that the all-freshmen squad of Duke had the standout best tandem, but they are on what seems like a 5month NBA showcase tour.) Seeing Williams win another SEC player of the year and knowing that both those guys are seniors, TN plays a lot of seniors, and that the team has coalesced around team play, hard work, and a bunch of gritty 3-4* players makes me root for yall in the dance.

It would be great to see Tennessee beat UK and/or Duke, and see Gonzaga get revenge and beat UNC, and then have both teams meet in a great national championship game among veteran TEAM players.

Thanks ITW. Good that two teams that do it the right way can still win in a big way. BTW Williams is just a JR.

Thanks, It. Great post. I would love to see Tennessee go against Gonzaga for the Championship. I would want Tennessee to win, but a Gonzaga victory wouldn't make me sick to my stomach like Duke, UNC, or Kentucky would.

I pretty much agree 100% except the bold part. If Tennessee makes it to the championship game I'd much rather play an 11 seed Cinderella who used the last bit of their luck in the Final Four.

Hey thanks for that, you should definitely stick around and post more here. I’ve been telling folks that if it’s not us, I’d want Gonzaga to win the tourney. Y’all do it the right way, Coach Few seems like a class act, and Rui is probably my favorite non-Vol in college basketball (id love for him to be a part of the Memphis Grizzlies in a few months). Best of luck!

I think, not just you, but to many this team is easy to like. And very fun to watch most of the time.

Thanks OP. Encouraging to hear. I too like Mark Few and the Zags. I'll go ahead and get accept the natty matchup as you've prescribed. So it shall be.

VN Store

Back