Good article on Jordan Bone

I haven’t watched a lot of other teams this year like I have in the past and I’m trying not to be be bias but in my mind he’s been playing like an All-American. Is there really another point guard playing better than him this year? He’s one of those guys, where he passes the eye test with glowing colors. You could watch an entire game without the stats being shown to you and just know that he made a tremendous impact on the game. I always said if and when he takes that next step we would be instant title contenders. He’s been playing at that next level this entire year and he’s the reason why we are where we are. Grant and Admiral have picked up where they left off last year and Kyle has been more aggressive but when we have Bone playing fast and under control like he has this year, there’s not a point guard in the country that can stay in front of him and that’s a nightmare for other teams. We legitimately have an argument for 3 AA’s and a 2nd team All-Conference center(who could play his way into being 1st team) on this team. 4 1st team ALL-SEC players is unheard of and it could happen. I don’t know when the last time that has ever happened for any team. Maybe the Fab 5? Idk but it’s definitely something special and we need to enjoy it because this isn’t something that happens very often.

I believe Bone to be among the best of the crop of point guards. Why he catches any crap on this board is beyond me, but he does. I love his play.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I believe Bone to be among the best of the crop of point guards. Why he catches any crap on this board is beyond me, but he does. I love his play.

I think he is one of the best. Have you watched Any St. John's games? Shamorie Ponds is really good too

Where on this board has Bone been criticized this season? Everybody with eyes and a brain have seen the quality of his play this season. The last 2 years he clearly wasn't playing to his potential and folks fairly discussed it (except for a couple of idiots who will criticize anyone and anything). The only current criticism has been the poor arch to his shot. If you ask Bone and CRB I'd bet they would agree. If he fixes that shot this season we may be without his services next year

Reactions: cncchris33
I guess I’ve just read different posts. I have read several posts about how our guard play will cost us this year and also about Bone himself. I’m not going to go back and research posts. You and I agreeing on this is just not that important to me.

Where on this board has Bone been criticized this season? Everybody with eyes and a brain have seen the quality of his play this season. The last 2 years he clearly wasn't playing to his potential and folks fairly discussed it (except for a couple of idiots who will criticize anyone and anything). The only current criticism has been the poor arch to his shot. If you ask Bone and CRB I'd bet they would agree. If he fixes that shot this season we may be without his services next year
This. All of this.

I guess I’ve just read different posts. I have read several posts about how our guard play will cost us this year and also about Bone himself. I’m not going to go back and research posts. You and I agreeing on this is just not that important to me.
Agreed - I recall several complaining about the lack of guard depth and about Bowden's play prior to him coming off the bench. Bone has been great this year

Ive said since I saw him as a freshman, he is good enough to be an NBA point guard if he figures out exactly what he can do, the issue is if he figures it out.

He has a gear change that you do not see in sports often. And he does it at a position that changing that fast means you either instantly score, get the ball back, or get fouled. He's becoming less flashes of looking elite and more periods of looking elite. If he even gets it to where he has half of a game at his max potential someone will take a shot on him and draft him. Mike D'antoni already has film on him hoping he keeps getting better and being overlooked because he'll turn him into a 15/8 backup point guard.

VN Store

Back