Good Article on JG at Manning Camp

The OL did pretty good with a QB that didn't manage the pocket well and took too long to get the ball out. <sarcasm>

See how easy it is to shift blame? The OL had its problems. But some of those "bell ringings" were on JG.
Don’t forget the RBs. They really sucked at blocking too. To get hit as much as JG did they all share in the blame. TEs too.

Just my opinion but I don't think the RB's or TE's were as responsible.[/
Of course not given the lesser blocking responsibilities but they had misses just like the OL and JG. One that really sticks out is a flea flicker. The RB pitched the ball back to JG and all he had to do was turn around and get in the way of the one rusher. The RB completely whiffed and JG got killed. All I’m saying is there’s blame for all. It’s impossible for us fans to figure out who deserves how much. That’s for the coaches to decide.

Link one article or poll that has JG individually ranked in the bottom five of QBs for this season.
Not a JG ranking. Try again. No ranking of the starting qbs has him that low. This ranking only shows what they think about the backups really.

tenor.gif

I feel like this dude has one of his personal trainer coaches come out with an article like this every summer.

That isn't true. What is his record as a UT starting QB? Enough said. Yes, the OL has been atrocious at times. But, UT did run the ball on a few teams and JG was given some time to throw the ball down the field some last year when JG still didn't manage to put up real good numbers. In a lot of people's opinions, JG had one really good game last year, Auburn. There were several 50/50 balls that game that could have went another way. I do think CJC can turn JG into a very good QB. I do think JG has a lot of great skills. But, he hasn't shown MOST OF US what we want to see in quicker decision making and drop more dimes than lots of other SEC QBs!!! If he does that this year, we could win 9 games in the regular season!!! The D won't be STOUT. But, it will hold it's own a lot and be much more successful even after losing 3 pretty good DL and a very good LB!

Just stop already. A QB doesn’t do everything himself. What’s a QBs record as a starter is beyond dumb.

I don't get why people literally make up lies to bash our starting quarterback.

Link one article or poll that has JG individually ranked in the bottom five of QBs for this season.

We have some real weirdos.

While it's not my job to educate you, Lindy's Preseason publication has the Vols (Guarantano) 10th at the QB position. So, with Bearded Vol's post above, there's 2. However, Athlon's publication does have Guarantano ranked 8th which would be in the bottom half of the conference, but not in the bottom 5.

I like how you call facts based on past results "bashing." I'd like for Guarantano to be the second coming of Peyton, Heath, Tee, or Dobbs but wishing it to be so, won't make it happen. I hope he has an All American year but he has done nothing in the past to make a rational person think he will ever be a great QB.

While it's not my job to educate you, Lindy's Preseason publication has the Vols (Guarantano) 10th at the QB position. So, with Bearded Vol's post above, there's 2. However, Athlon's publication does have Guarantano ranked 8th which would be in the bottom half of the conference, but not in the bottom 5.

I like how you call facts based on past results "bashing." I'd like for Guarantano to be the second coming of Peyton, Heath, Tee, or Dobbs but wishing it to be so, won't make it happen. I hope he has an All American year but he has done nothing in the past to make a rational person think he will ever be a great QB.
"Qb Position" is JG, Shrout, and Maurer. So once again a ranking drug down by the backup QBs. No individual ranking has him in the bottom five. Still a lie. Still haven't seen one ranking of him in the bottom five like was claimed.

"Qb Position" is JG, Shrout, and Maurer. So once again a ranking drug down by the backup QBs. No individual ranking has him in the bottom five. Still a lie. Still haven't seen one ranking of him in the bottom five like was claimed.
You’re not serious are you? I have never read a ranking that involved the backups unless it was a ranking of a teams backups as a point of emphasis. When they make a “ranking” of a teams qb (or any other position for that matter) they are talking about the teams state at that position AS IT IS unless specified otherwise. Which right now IS JG. The back ups didn’t “drag down” any ranking man. Stop

You’re not serious are you? I have never read a ranking that involved the backups unless it was a ranking of a teams backups as a point of emphasis. When they make a “ranking” of a teams qb (or any other position for that matter) they are talking about the teams state at that position AS IT IS unless specified otherwise. Which right now IS JG. The back ups didn’t “drag down” any ranking man. Stop
The rankings he's referencing clearly state they're for the position group.

The rankings he's referencing clearly state they're for the position group.
Oh ok. My misunderstanding. Still would take that ranking with a grain of salt given the fact that no one could possibly rank a backup that hasn’t played yet.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I see VOLnations favorite stalker is back and trying to convince everyone about how great JG is without him actually being great...He has a chance to be DECENT but far from great...But keep on going and saying everyone is telling lies yet the facts are facts....Hilarious

I see VOLnations favorite stalker is back and trying to convince everyone about how great JG is without him actually being great...He has a chance to be DECENT but far from great...But keep on going and saying everyone is telling lies yet the facts are facts....Hilarious
Facts are opinions until after the waiting period.

All I've learned from VN. JG, worst QB ever. JTS, can't tie his shoes correctly so he can't play, Brian M, he was over hyped, he's a bust, Bailey must such because we're going after King and he must really suck because he's interested in us and the coaches are already scouting sophomores, freshmen and 8th graders. Basically, there are no QBs out there that can truly be worthy of the VN "elite".

All I've learned from VN. JG, worst QB ever. JTS, can't tie his shoes correctly so he can't play, Brian M, he was over hyped, he's a bust, Bailey must such because we're going after King and he must really suck because he's interested in us and the coaches are already scouting sophomores, freshmen and 8th graders. Basically, there are no QBs out there that can truly be worthy of the VN "elite".
Would love to kick off the Vol island everyone of these mouth breathers

VN Store

Back