Good Article on JG at Manning Camp

Yeah... when people stop posting the same crap blaming the OL exclusively and trying to white wash any problem JG has... I'll stop too.
Not asking you to stop! Seems to me like you’re just scratching the surface of something truly groundbreaking. Keep up the totally original and non-repetitive work sjt...your contribution is truly appreciated by all!

Thats close to the % I would put. Although I would put the OL at 50%, 30% on the receivers and 20% on JG.
Agreed on OL, but less on the WRs and a bit more on JG, IMO. We didn’t really have any game breakers at WR, but they did what was asked of them for the most part. They made some great plays on 50-50 balls he threw too.

But yeah the inability of the OL to be consistent in the run game or the passing game definitely hurt JG and the WRs. The staff wanted to build an offense centered on running the ball to set up a vertical, downfield passing game and we just never had the consistency at OL to do that. Granted, overly predictable playcalling and poorly schemed run plays did hurt the OL at times as well.

Agreed on OL, but less on the WRs and a bit more on JG, IMO. We didn’t really have any game breakers at WR, but they did what was asked of them for the most part. They made some great plays on 50-50 balls he threw too.

But yeah the inability of the OL to be consistent in the run game or the passing game definitely hurt JG and the WRs. The staff wanted to build an offense centered on running the ball to set up a vertical, downfield passing game and we just never had the consistency at OL to do that. Granted, overly predictable playcalling and poorly schemed run plays did hurt the OL at times as well.

Fair enough. Hopefully everything clicks for the entire offense this year.

How Jarrett Guarantano impressed at Manning Passing Academy

"Racioppi certainly kept an eye on Guarantano given his familiarity with him, and he said Guarantano shined during the throwing sessions for the college quarterbacks, impressing with his footwork on five- and seven-step drops from under center and play-action fakes and “effortlessly” hitting on NFL-caliber throws, such as 16- and 18-yard comeback routes, 18- to 20-yard speed-cut dig routes and dagger routes."

That’s nice!!

But, what happens when sugar turns to ****?

He has never been good when he needs to make quick decisions on his feet.

He certainly needs to show dramatic improvement for UT to make a bowl.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I can't really put any blame on the RB's. Weak O-line, and not much of a passing game. RB's had a lot stacked against them

I can't really put any blame on the QB’s. Weak O-line, and not much of a running game. QB’s had a lot stacked against them...

In reality, we had problems at most positions...

Who's got time for a seven-step drop? We can only hope.

I'm glad he is supposedly getting better with his touch. He will impress me even more if he shows that improvement this fall on the field.
I'm glad he drew praise. But that's something that could have been written last year... and maybe was.

I'm just thrilled article didn't say JG has not improved in any phase of game , cannot make any throws starting QB needs to make. The article was positive
so we can all hope this season will be better for JG and team...……………………..

So, all the one's that think he's a great QB are athletes? If not, what do they know?
Dont know what they know, but its def not on the same page as everyone else including the coaching staff. you know, the ones paid to make these decisions. so obviously they would be the odd man out looking dumb and laughing at their own stupidity.

but hey, they got the juice! lol

He could literally go out and play his ass off and some of you would piece together something to complain about

That isn't true. What is his record as a UT starting QB? Enough said. Yes, the OL has been atrocious at times. But, UT did run the ball on a few teams and JG was given some time to throw the ball down the field some last year when JG still didn't manage to put up real good numbers. In a lot of people's opinions, JG had one really good game last year, Auburn. There were several 50/50 balls that game that could have went another way. I do think CJC can turn JG into a very good QB. I do think JG has a lot of great skills. But, he hasn't shown MOST OF US what we want to see in quicker decision making and drop more dimes than lots of other SEC QBs!!! If he does that this year, we could win 9 games in the regular season!!! The D won't be STOUT. But, it will hold it's own a lot and be much more successful even after losing 3 pretty good DL and a very good LB!

I do think Weinke as QB coach was a good move. Always nice to have a Heisman winner/winner teaching.

That isn't true. What is his record as a UT starting QB? Enough said. Yes, the OL has been atrocious at times. But, UT did run the ball on a few teams and JG was given some time to throw the ball down the field some last year when JG still didn't manage to put up real good numbers. In a lot of people's opinions, JG had one really good game last year, Auburn. There were several 50/50 balls that game that could have went another way. I do think CJC can turn JG into a very good QB. I do think JG has a lot of great skills. But, he hasn't shown MOST OF US what we want to see in quicker decision making and drop more dimes than lots of other SEC QBs!!! If he does that this year, we could win 9 games in the regular season!!! The D won't be STOUT. But, it will hold it's own a lot and be much more successful even after losing 3 pretty good DL and a very good LB!

The games that he managed to get some protection, he did well. I honestly don't think some of you guys have actually watch the games the past two years.

Reactions: k-town_king
How Jarrett Guarantano impressed at Manning Passing Academy

"Racioppi certainly kept an eye on Guarantano given his familiarity with him, and he said Guarantano shined during the throwing sessions for the college quarterbacks, impressing with his footwork on five- and seven-step drops from under center and play-action fakes and “effortlessly” hitting on NFL-caliber throws, such as 16- and 18-yard comeback routes, 18- to 20-yard speed-cut dig routes and dagger routes."
If your oline sucks it doesn't matter

Worst offensive line in the history of volunteer football. Jack nuts we’re offside 4 times a game too.

Gonna be night and day this year; 2 new 5stars and the returners are actually SEC OL Rotation Material ; thanks to the intense offseason S&C . Barring injuries, watch out by November, especially if Trey plays.

In all pre season discussions, Guarantano is picked in the bottom 5 of the starting SEC QBs. It's very hard to argue with that assessment based on past results.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
He was part of the problem. You can quibble about how much goes to who... but he had significant issues in both of the last two years. He holds the ball too long in part because he does not appear to read D's well especially pre-snap. According to an interview he gave earlier in the year, previous OC's didn't allow him to throw hot routes. That's like crippling a QB... so why would you do it if your QB was capable without making too many mistakes?

If he were just good at the quick passing game, it would help the OL tremendously.

Where some sacks JG took his fault? Sure. Like 3 or 4.

I can't agree with your point that JG held on to the ball too long. He did not have too long to hold on to the ball because he was getting crushed.

Hot routes can only work so much and have a higher chance of pick 6. Not to mention our hot routes would be no steps for JG.

In all pre season discussions, Guarantano is picked in the bottom 5 of the starting SEC QBs. It's very hard to argue with that assessment based on past results.
I don't get why people literally make up lies to bash our starting quarterback.

Link one article or poll that has JG individually ranked in the bottom five of QBs for this season.

We have some real weirdos.

VN Store

Back