Gone but not forgotten: Knoxville area restaurants and retailers we miss.

I have not driven hardly at all, I have only put gas in it twice since mid March, I have been home since March 21st, and I will be going back June 1st because
I took an extra month off

Reactions: MAD and 508mikey
No. Just heard through a friend of a friend that her brother had notified. Her brother's name was Ward or Wade iirc.
I will always remember her as seventeen because that is how old she was when I met her and I had just started driving in Knoxville and would get lost so I would call her and describe my
surroundings so she could give me directions. Another time we had been to West Town one night and when we came out it had been snowing and of course I had never driven in the snow
and we had someone with us that lived out on middlebrook pike and had to take them home and by that time there was quite a bit of snow so we parked my VW and walked to someones
house that she knew in a near by subdivision and called my Dad and he came and picked us up. Later on I remember she dated a Taxi driver named Craig Turner and he looked like
Steve Perry, but she will always be seventeen to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
I will always remember her as seventeen because that is how old she was when I met her and I had just started driving in Knoxville and would get lost so I would call her and describe my
surroundings so she could give me directions. Another time we had been to West Town one night and when we came out it had been snowing and of course I had never driven in the snow
and we had someone with us that lived out on middlebrook pike and had to take them home and by that time there was quite a bit of snow so we parked my VW and walked to someones
house that she knew in a near by subdivision and called my Dad and he came and picked us up. Later on I remember she dated a Taxi driver named Craig Turner and he looked like
Steve Perry, but she will always be seventeen to me.

I think that Service Cab was one of the biggest taxi companies in Knoxville and was owned by the Turner family. That could have been the owner's son, but I think his name was Greg.

Reactions: MAD and Vjcvette
I knew OF her more than knew her. I think that I dropped somebody off at her family's house once, it was a long time ago. Huge red brick house on Scenic Drive close to where it splits with Southgate. Seems like Trinki's dad might have been a doctor. She reminded me of Ally Sheedy's character in the Breakfast Club. A little like Stevie Nicks maybe. She was very pretty.

My brother's ex-wife's family have/had a beautiful house on Scenic. IIRC, it was on the right near Alta Vista. Sort of a 'big" box but they expanded it in the late 90's. Very pretty home and lot. It was huge.

You know maybe there just needs to be an Orange Tee reunion for those of us still here, there was Mark Bishop and Bob Helms, but they left this world before I left Knoxville.

Last edited:
I haven't been back to campus in several years. Does anyone know if Mable's cafeteria in McCord hall on the AG campus is still open? I ate lunch there most of my student days. Great meat and three, home style cooking.

There used to be a German restaurant next to Ruby Tuesday's on Kingston Pike in the same shopping center that Toy's are us was in, kind of across from that car wash that
has been there for years and it actually had a hot tub in an area in the back of the restaurant and it was all wood with a wood deck and had a phone back there and
they would wait on you back there, it was just different because you walked through the restaurant to get to it.

Hey, maybe you can help me figure out this computer, I cannot open my mail this morning, I keep getting
an error message.......hey I got it fixed...

So many working from home has disrupted the internet. The bigger pipes were built out to commercial and industrial areas, but now residential areas are seeing the extremely heavy traffic.

Reactions: Vjcvette

VN Store

Back