Golesh to CU?

What is a good HC job for a first timer these days? Not the likes of UT, Aub, nor even MS St or Ole Miss.
Something non-SEC? Something where you have regional connections & experience recruiting? Something with a recruiting base of 3*'s a plenty?
2nd tier Fla, Ga, TX, La? Maybe NC?
USF, Coastal C, Ga St, Wake, Duke, etc???
Those teams going into the Big 12 might be a good starting head coach job. UCF and Cinci are probably not available but BYU or who else is it? might be a possibility for Golesh. With moving conferences he would probably get some cushion to get his legs.

He's got B1G experience too but Nebraska would be a big bite for a first time job.

I hope we sling enough money to keep him. Our offense ain't broke so let's not fix it.

USF, GA Tech, Colorado?? No, no, no, no, no. Why should he take any ol head coaching job that just pops up like that? He should bide his time and build on his resume here until some real programs offer.
Georgia Tech? Really?
This offense would light up the ACC and the fact that you should be able to recruit the state of Georgia? I think that COULD be a good job.
Georgia Tech football reminds me of what I used to think of Tennessee basketball, as far as potential.

Reactions: SpookyAction
USF would be a nice gig if the money is right. Colorado and GT are definitely dead ends, but even there, he’d likely make enough to retire in comfort for the rest of his life and he’d still have OC options after the inevitable firing.

Whoever gets the Georgia Tech job is walking into some very prime recruiting areas.

Reactions: SpookyAction
He should take whatever lifeline he can get. Hooker made him look like a genius and it’s doubtful his star is shining as brightly a year from now.

Oh boy. The old I'm bitter @ the HC routine. If he fails then " the buck stops w the HC". If he succeeds then "somebody else made him successful.
This HC has a record of spectacular QB development at every stop. Yet a 25 year old 6th year QB who couldn't hold a starting position at a failing P5 school has made him successful.
Ingenious!

Whoever gets the Georgia Tech job is walking into some very prime recruiting areas.
That plenty of way better schools will be targeting. Also probably tough to lure stud recruits when you have about 100 total females on your campus.

He should take whatever lifeline he can get. Hooker made him look like a genius and it’s doubtful his star is shining as brightly a year from now.

Do you really believe that or simply get a thrill by seeing all the reaponse to your post?

Read a yahoo article that they are considering interviewing him for the head coach position. I hope not.
He should go to Nebraska in my opinion. Historically relevant program in west division of B10 and lack of talent but equalized by the offense system. Only way Nebraska coming out is to hire top level name coach (not going to happen) or give an up and comer offensive mind chance to change things…like JH. Hope he stays at least another season.

USF would be a nice gig if the money is right. Colorado and GT are definitely dead ends, but even there, he’d likely make enough to retire in comfort for the rest of his life and he’d still have OC options after the inevitable firing.
Two years ago people were saying the same about Tennessee.

Reactions: posivol
He should go to Nebraska in my opinion. Historically relevant program in west division of B10 and lack of talent but equalized by the offense system. Only way Nebraska coming out is to hire top level name coach (not going to happen) or give an up and comer offensive mind chance to change things…like JH. Hope he stays at least another season.
His name is Heupel, not Kiffin.

Damn Debbie downer. We have no idea how successful this staff might be. That story won’t be fully written for years. Why choose to go so negative? And Hooker wasn’t nearly as successful at va tech playing against much weaker competition than he’s playing against in the sec. Seems like the coaches have a whole hell of a lot to do with it.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
From 2015-2020 Heupel's quarterbacks have averaged about 3,140 yards passing, and that includes a 9 game stint for one QB in 2015. Take that out and from 2016 to 2020 they averaged 3,449 yards passing. I don't think the offense will be a problem as long as Heupel is here. So I guess Heupel has been bailed out by Drew Lock, and McKenzie Milton, and Dillon Gabriel, and Hendon Hooker.... or maybe, just maybe he can develop good to great QBs

Heupel's QB's by the numbers

And that doesn’t include the guys he coached at OU.

VN Store

Back